NICEs bus tracker System

Say do the clever devices on the 3Gs do anything. I mean like do they have automated announcements?

Yes, they've recently been set up to have automated announcements with a different voice and a little bit of a different setup than the CDs on other buses.

They're probably will only place the tracking devices on the 3G's, dpending how long from now the devices will be implemented

Well the 3Gs' Clever Devices may be the only ones compatible with BusTime because of the GPS, the system on the other buses might need to be replaced. They're gonna want BusTime on every bus.

I've been on a bus with the new announcements. here are some observations:

1)They seem more "human" and calm.  

2) On the LED: The street names alternate with the date and time.

3) The next stop shows up on the LED, but the stop isn't announced until the bus is actually there.

4) Bus transfers don't seem to be announced.

Yea, transfers have not been added to the 3G announcement systems yet. Adding on to what Orion VII said, we're most likely going to see Clever Devices build this because Nassau has also given a grant to Clever Devices (just a couple of months ago) to expand their business.

http://www.newsday.com/business/state-oks-aid-for-woodbury-based-employer-1.4361251

I've been on a bus with the new announcements. here are some observations:

3) The next stop shows up on the LED, but the stop isn't announced until the bus is actually there.

Well that's not good if someone needed to get off at that stop and the stop is announced as the bus is there.

Well that's not good if someone needed to get off at that stop and the stop is announced as the bus is there.

That seems to be a problem at NJT too, sometimes the stops won't get called out until the bus is literally feet away from the stop. I've seen it happen on the 139 myself, that route just recently got programmed so I'll give Clever Devices and NJT/NICE time to fix these things up.

Archived