Promotion to DIspatcher (Surface Trasportation) Exam 4700

jaydubs36

Ok, I have a question. I'm aware of the upcoming promotion to surface dispatcher exam 4700 which filing starts on July 10th. How does one study and prepare for this test. I have the Passbook "Surface Line Dispatcher" by National Learning Corporation, but I don’t believe the information is relevant. I spoke to a MaBSTOA Dispatcher today and was told the book is a waste of time. You need to know formulas, memorandums, how to calculate pay, etc. So I ask the question again, how can I obtain this information? Are there classes? And if so how can I sign up?

I would appreciate anyone who can help.

The way they do promotional exams these days, they expect you to know the ins and outs of the job you are testing for. You basically have to have already worked the job to get 100% on the exam. Best way to study is to talk to the people who already have that title and learn everything you can from them - see if you can borrow their induction manuals and study those cover to cover!

Yes, thanks for the suggestion Snowblock. I will ask for some study materials. But I know there are classes given. Does anyone know where and who to ask?

And yes I know i misspelled the topic, typing fast. LOL.

Jay,

From what I've been told we have to study the bulletins, 19A rules & regulations, pay practice, running time, speed calculation and some general contract knowledge. If you look in the "new york city bus" section and look in the "what is the standard B/O day like" thread I broke down how to pay a run. You can print all the bulletins from the kiosk in the depot. PM me your e-mail I can forward you a copy of the contract, running time and speed calculation formulas.

Jay,

From what I've been told we have to study the bulletins, 19A rules & regulations, pay practice, running time, speed calculation and some general contract knowledge. If you look in the "new york city bus" section and look in the "what is the standard B/O day like" thread I broke down how to pay a run. You can print all the bulletins from the kiosk in the depot. PM me your e-mail I can forward you a copy of the contract, running time and speed calculation formulas.

Ummmmm hook me up lol

Edited by prgordo

Jay,

Ummmmm hook me up lol

Me too.... :P

Jay,

Hey do you know exactly where i can find the pay practice, running time, speed calculation

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Jay,

hey may I get a copy of that too? would really apprecaiite it.

Empire Exam Services is offering a One Day crash course next Sunday at 9am - $150 tuition reserve in advance; $175 at the door. No reservations accepted after 10/18/13. Call 718-219-2323 or email them at mtanycexamclass@gmail.com

Location is at:

Christ Lutheran Center

85-15 101 Ave

Ozone Park, NY

I'll be there next week.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...