MTA to add Long Island Rail Road trains and bus service in Bronx as part of $18M spending package

Harry

post-5097-0-29551300-1374237570_thumb.jpg
The (MTA) will add Long Island Rail Road trains and study bus service at Co-op City in the Bronx as part of an $18 million spending package, sources said. The authority’s updated financial plans, to be released next week, will reinstate weekend trains every half-hour on the Port Washington branch of the LIRR. The service was cut to once an hour in 2010. In Co-op City, the (MTA) will examine bus service cuts made three years ago that continue to anger residents, sources said. The Daily News exclusively reported earlier this week that the (MTA) will restore some bus routes across the city that were cut in 2010 and will launch a major cleaning campaign in subway stations.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-29551300-1374237570_thumb.jpg

This is exciting.  It shows that our protest and complaints are FINALLy being heard up here in Co-op City.  I'm looking forward to hearing more about what bus study they want to do.  I don't think there's much to study but this is better than nothing and I'm happy for this much.  I pray that we get the desired results of pre-2010 service again.

Archived