IND Culver Viaduct: It's as clear as night and day

realizm

Throwing out there an accumulation of pics of the IND Culver Viaduct served by the (F) and (G) , taken at day and at night over a span of several days. Get ready, it's a lot of pics......

ofh6.jpg

hj14.jpg

3glf.jpg

ogwk.jpg

6mfr.jpg

q1e8.jpg

7sf1.jpg

7v1w.jpg

27gt.jpg

8rkw.jpg

tkec.jpg

g0f8.jpg

mffe.jpg

2r5e.jpg

0hn9.jpg

yiqd.jpg

k9kc.jpg

v9dh.jpg

jh5j.jpg

n1y5.jpg

82kr.jpg

knkm.jpg

m221.jpg

gf5x.jpg

hiau.jpg

rg5f.jpg

lqex.jpg

That's all I got. Thanks for viewing!

~ realizm aka mqonez

Nice pics! I noticed there are more R46's on the F. Is it because of the R swap?

Thanks man!

To answer your question, to the best of my knowledge, there are some reasons I was pondering upon as to why there is a presence of R46's on the (F) .

1) As MattTrain mentioned in another thread that he started, the R46's do not have a Court Street designation on the LED displays of the R46's. But R46's can display a "WHITEHALL SREET" so it works out as far as signage is concerned.

Some pics I took recently:

e8u5.jpg

18jk.jpg

fk3f.jpg

2) As a result of the split, according to discussion by other members here including myself, we concluded that *possibly*  dispatchers and those in charge of operations planning as well as the capital construction committee apparently, foresaw the problems with rolling stock and the yards/shops they were previously assigned to. So some of the R46's from Jamaica were reassigned to the (F) but the R46's on the  (R) ,that is, on the Manhattan end of the split route, during weekdays remained. 

On weekends it's a totally different story, as the (R) is operating via the Manhattan Bridge to Queens, as City Hall, Cortlandt St, Rector St, Whitehall St-South Ferry, Court Street, and Jay St-MetroTech are bypassed.

3) Meanwhile some of of the R160's currently on the (R) were swapped from Jamaica Yard to Coney Island Yard, along with some of the R160's assigned to CI yard/CI maintenance shops, I think.

4) So basically, some of the R46's originally assigned to the (R) were swapped and placed on the (F) from observations. Due to the fact that the layups or yard moves @ Jamaica and CI Yard, for maintenance purposes, or the weekend/late night layups on the IND QBL or LL City Hall on the BMT or will have to be modified due to the service changes, weekday and weekend alike.

City Hall, Lower Level:

zbal.jpg

Hope that helps to give you some food for thought, but please don't quote me on this. As a straphanger I could only but know so much, admittedly, compared to the much more knowledgeable members who discussed this.

These are awesome! I like the effects you put into these, very artistic! :)

Thanks man! I try, you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived