Nassau County Budget Proposal Underfunds NICE Bus Once Again

User

Not sure, and still wonder if they'll even be a debate. But after what I saw today, I've changed my mind on who I'm voting for. Nassau needs more money put into the bus budget and Mangano won't provide it, so he aint getting my vote. It's as simple as that.

Yup its why things are so unreliable. It just doesn't work, not here anyway. Its why riders are leaving, they can't even depend on the service to get to work or school on time. That is indeed crazy scheduling!!! A driver I know told me there's hardly any drivers on the same route with straight runs anymore, generally they just do one round trip on each then interline or DHD to another route..CRAZY! :o  

Poorly planned interlines. If they were strategically planned then the reliability would improve.

@Brett: First thing Suozzi will do: ask NICE to cut service in Bethpage to annoy Mangano (just like Mangano annoyed Suozzi by letting NICE cut service in Glen Cove) lol.

@Hound: That isn't NICE's fault, that is Transdev's fault. They did the same thing over here, although it's of less impact given that my city only has segregated bus alnes. But they're doing some impossible things here too since they took over. Some for the better, some for the worse.

Like I sad-people in management that don't know Long Island. Like from Holland.

And case in point, on Wed I saw a not in service bus pull into the loop at NCC and become an n43 to Freeport, this was supposed to be the 6:15pm trip from RF, left with no one on the bus, meanwhile tonight I see the same run, started where it's supposed to and there's standees. So they send the bus to NCC to pick up no one on Wed, leaving the majority of people who take the n43 (from RF and Zeck Blvd) waiting another 30 minutes for the next bus, which I'm sure had to be crushloaded. This is what I mean by poor service quality. They have got to get their act together! Yeah Ed Mangano didn't raise your taxes motorists, but people who have to take the bus in a way did, because now when they have to get to work on time or get fired, they have to pay for cabs, which I'm sure Mangano's cab company friends love! 

That is explains why drivers hardly know their routes anymore.

Do any routes interline in Jamaica? That would be Interesting.

the n26-n22 interline... I know that for a fact.  As well as the obvious n6-n6x and n22-n22x-n22a-n22L interlines

Or like people who were just bus drivers and despite thinking they know it know nothing about management or logistics.  

But seriously isn't the majority of management at NICE originally from Long island Bus?

I think you have the term "management" and what was allowed at MTA totally confused.  If Veolia continued to allow people like you to bankrupt the system by collecting crazy overtime like the MTA allowed, doing absolutely nothing with a crazy budget for the riders but padding your pockets you wouldn't be here talking shit all the time.  

My commute coming home (driving) took me 3 times as long this afternoon!  Is that because NICE sucks?  Because of management not being from Long Island?  Of course not!  It's because traffic on Long Island SUCKS and once something happens on the major arteries it backs up all the major arteries with people taking alternate routes which spills out onto the major surface streets and backs them up.   then you have drivers creating gridlock because traffic is crawling and they block the intersection instead of keeping it clear which only further backs up traffic.  

THE PROBLEM ISN'T THAT MANAGEMENT ISN'T FROM LONG ISLAND OR "DOESN'T UNDERSTAND" LONG ISLAND.  THE PROBLEM IS LONG ISLAND!

I agree but if traffic is backed up a system allowing buses priority through intersections might not be enough if traffic is already stop and go.  Maybe if buses had a dedicated lane, but the assclowns who feel they don't have to wait like everyone else would probably just clog it up...

Or like people who were just bus drivers and despite thinking they know it know nothing about management or logistics.  

But seriously isn't the majority of management at NICE originally from Long island Bus?

I think you have the term "management" and what was allowed at MTA totally confused.  If Veolia continued to allow people like you to bankrupt the system by collecting crazy overtime like the MTA allowed, doing absolutely nothing with a crazy budget for the riders but padding your pockets you wouldn't be here talking shit all the time.  

I knew I was overdue for a response like that from this a**hole bus driver wannabe foamer that thinks he knows the answer to everything about buses & transportation.  No, most of the management that's left isn't from LIB. Even it it was,Veolia tells them what to do because they know better-lol. I suppose if you worked for a company & offered you overtime,you would decline it so as not to make them "bankrupt"?

I knew I was overdue for a response like that from this a**hole bus driver wannabe foamer that thinks he knows the answer to everything about buses & transportation.  No, most of the management that's left isn't from LIB. Even it it was,Veolia tells them what to do because they know better-lol. I suppose if you worked for a company & offered you overtime,you would decline it so as not to make them "bankrupt"?

What you fail to grasp is most legitimate management in most private sector companies would NEVER justify the amount of regular overtime the (MTA) does instead of hiring additional (full time), part time, and or temp workers instead of just giving out mass overtime.

@Hound: Again: Transdev did the same thing over here. You can say whatever you want but it's no coincident at all. I may not know the management at NICE but I do know the management at Transdev and take it from me that this is their new enforcement.

What you fail to grasp is most legitimate management in most private sector companies would NEVER justify the amount of regular overtime the (MTA) does instead of hiring additional (full time), part time, and or temp workers instead of just giving out mass overtime.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Keep in mind that MTA workers have their pensions dictated by the State and not management. With the State's chronic mismanagement of its own pensions, it would probably be better in the long-term for MTA to pay more in overtime rather than go to the trouble of trying to secure future benefits for one more driver.

What exactly do NICE drivers get in terms of retirement benefits, anyways? Is it a private 401k?

Keep in mind that MTA workers have their pensions dictated by the State and not management. With the State's chronic mismanagement of its own pensions, it would probably be better in the long-term for MTA to pay more in overtime rather than go to the trouble of trying to secure future benefits for one more driver.

Or they can do away with pensions as most private sector jobs and government jobs have done away with pensions for new hires.

What exactly do NICE drivers get in terms of retirement benefits, anyways? Is it a private 401k?

I'd assume 401k as Veolia doesn't offer a pension.

Or they can do away with pensions as most private sector jobs and government jobs have done away with pensions for new hires.

New York State has protections for existing pension benefits enshrined in the State Constitution. From Article V, Section 7:

After July first, nineteen hundred forty, membership in any pension or retirement system of the state or of a civil division thereof shall be a contractual relationship, the benefits of which shall not be diminished or impaired.

They also haven't done away with pensions for new hires - they just have to work significantly harder for less benefits.

Archived