No Fort Wadsworth Service

The S51/S81 buses are no longer entering fort wadsworth.

Does this mean the S81 is stopping at every S51 stop between the "extra" service?

Will it just bypass it since they are served by the S51?

And is this just the MTA testing to see if permanent discontinuation makes things better? 

Since when...

Time for more cheap housing and retail!

Makes sense. There really is no reason for Fort Wadsworth (or Fort Hamilton) to remain open, since neither serves any practical purpose today. The nearest fort with any purpose to this region is Fort Dix. (Fort Monmouth was closed in 2011.) Some of Wadsworth could be retained as a museum, but the grass space and non-historic buildings should be redeveloped.

Alternate S51 buses were running through the base yesterday, although only the New York Avenue portion of the route.  The bus then turned around & exits the same way it entered.  Only the entrance to the base near School Road/Bay St is open, not the entrance near Lily Pond Ave/McClean Ave.  The backtracking adds about 3 to 4 minutes to the trip but allows customers access to the base during the shutdown.

*Wadsworth on the verrazano*...

I can see it now... :D

How does the Wadsworth Shore Lifestyle Complex sound? Too fruity?

Makes sense. There really is no reason for Fort Wadsworth (or Fort Hamilton) to remain open, since neither serves any practical purpose today. The nearest fort with any purpose to this region is Fort Dix. (Fort Monmouth was closed in 2011.) Some of Wadsworth could be retained as a museum, but the grass space and non-historic buildings should be redeveloped.

Well I agree with that, though I'm sure there will be opponents to any development on the site. Nonetheless it's a near guarantee more of the same crap will come in.

How does the Wadsworth Shore Lifestyle Complex sound? Too fruity?

Well I agree with that, though I'm sure there will be opponents to any development on the site. Nonetheless it's a near guarantee more of the same crap will come in.

People have fought to keep both forts open, and I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Grimm (NY-11) fought to keep both open. Fort Hamilton has dodged the bullet five times, but I think that it's not worth keeping open from a fiscal standpoint. In addition to Fort Dix/McGure AFB, you have Fort Drum up in North Country that's actually useful.

Eventually, there will be a point in which technology will expand so much that there will be little use of P Transit. 

Ex. Little by little, there will be electronic schools and the student ridership will eventually deminish.

Now, the population is growing faster than the population that no longer needs transit. 

There will be a turning point. 2042?

Archived