Bus 6605!!

I Run Trains

So I'm walking from Popeyes in downtown brooklyn and I see the B51 (6605) coming by, and I saw something I have never saw before.

This bus had both a Fresh Pond Sticker, and on top of that there was also a Grand Av sticker. This was on the door side. I couldn't get a pic because I I didn't have enough time to take it. But if you look 4 this bus now you would see what I'm talking about.

2 different stickers. One wasn't trying to cover the other. Instead of have 1 depot it had two. I don't know what was on the driver side of the bus thou. I wonder if that side had 2 as well!

So I'm walking from Popeyes in downtown brooklyn and I see the B51 (6605) coming by, and I saw something I have never saw before.

This bus had both a Fresh Pond Sticker, and on top of that there was also a Grand Av sticker. This was on the door side. I couldn't get a pic because I I didn't have enough time to take it. But if you look 4 this bus now you would see what I'm talking about.

2 different stickers. One wasn't trying to cover the other. Instead of have 1 depot it had two. I don't know what was on the driver side of the bus thou. I wonder if that side had 2 as well!

Now wait... So there was 2 stickers..... I'm assuming the GA sticker was on top of the FP sticker, and not above it or anything right??

Now wait... So there was 2 stickers..... I'm assuming the GA sticker was on top of the FP sticker, and not above it or anything right??

It was like this.

GA sticker

(Then about 10 inches space between the 2. Then)

Quality control Bus

Fp sticker.

That became amusingly common when buses moved between divisions here when LACMTA added division logos in the late 1990's it was always great to photograph a bus showing "Sings of a division __ heritage" cool!

So the bus has 2 stickers from Depots 10 minutes apart....IS IT THAT BIG A DEAL that you guys go the crazy to make a post?

I think maybe you should call the depot and ask them if its that important

Lol this thread is somewhat interesting... Most of time when people make a big deal about small stuff is with the R160's. Like they have an heart attack when they see the windows vandalized on a 160, wheres most old trains have vandalized windows and nobody makes a big deal about it.

Can you even call a depot and ask them if they have a specific bus? I'm thinking if you don't work at the depot or for the TA that would be suspicious.

It's a Grand Av bus though. 6490-6624 started out at Fresh Pond. In Jan, 6558+ were sent to GA.

They basicially did what all the Bx depots do when a bus is swapped: Be lazy and not properly change the stickers. There's still O5's at KB with one KB stickers and one either CS or CAS sticker. 420's been at WF for months and still has a KB sticker on it.

I'm not trying to call you out Incredible Hawk, I know to you that might seem like something small but there are sereval bus rosters and in the event of the bus going back to FP, that would need to be changed.

Can you even call a depot and ask them if they have a specific bus? I'm thinking if you don't work at the depot or for the TA that would be suspicious.

It's a Grand Av bus though. 6490-6624 started out at Fresh Pond. In Jan, 6558+ were sent to GA.

They basicially did what all the Bx depots do when a bus is swapped: Be lazy and not properly change the stickers. There's still O5's at KB with one KB stickers and one either CS or CAS sticker. 420's been at WF for months and still has a KB sticker on it.

Yeah.. Like 234 in WF. It still has the CS sticker on it!

Ok I got something to say enough is enough. The name calling is unnecessary. 2nd this is a diverse community of rail and bus fans from New York City to California or other countries. We need to respect each other and learn from each other. Yes they are topics that can get us a lil heated, but we are here to agree to disagree. If ppl want to flame each other then join SubChat or BVEstation. I didn't join this site earning over 880 posting (responding and making) with 120 gallery pics to see ppl attack each other. This is non-sense and it needs to stop. Can we act like civilized human beings and just move on.

To Incredible Hawk I don't know you @ all....you need to need to lose the nasty attitude its not that serious. People make threads to get the correct information about buses or trains. Attacking ppl on here is not helping the situation you're are making it worse for yourself. I don't everything about buses and trains and I am greatful for T/O's, C/R's, B/O's and rail and bus fans on here can help me with info that I may not know about. I do I agree with half of them no I don't but I give them the respect they deserve b/c they tried their damnest best to help me and others on here.

Archived