Port Authority proposing a new Goethals Bridge to replace the old Goethals Bridge

Kexpress

The renderings look bad, but it would look good in real life. As long as they make provisions for light rail to travel over/under it i'll be happy.

- A

Oh yes! And I know the exact light rail line that would go over it, problem is the navigation to the bridge.....

Can anyone say the Newark-Elizabeth light rail line that supposedly NJT has now given up on.....

Oh yes! And I know the exact light rail line that would go over it, problem is the navigation to the bridge.....

Can anyone say the Newark-Elizabeth light rail line that supposedly NJT has now given up on.....

They could make it work.

- A

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I used to live in SW Brooklyn i used to drive on the Goethals and nearby Outerbridge alot. The lanes very dangerously narrow that easy for accidents especially in bad weather.

It badly needed and if a light rail/walkway for walkers and bikers alike is bulit great. Hope the Staten Island NIMBY dont stop it.

Anything would be an improvement over that narrow bridge. I think any new bridge designs should include provisions for rail, be it light or heavy rail.

You know it should be light and heavy rail on the new Goethals Bridge and then we would have trains going to Staten Island and use the North Shore Line and West Shore line and also and connect with SIRT and HBLR. There is also the Arthur Kill Lift Bridge connected but it only for frieght Trains and I saw the Video of the Arthur Kill Lift Bridge

Old Goethals Bridge and check out these videos I saw.

Archived