About MTA Health Insurance

goku

I Will begin my TA training at the end of this month. I am going to choose my health insurance at orientation, but I don't know which one is better. MTA provides Empire blue cross and United Healthcare. Does any one know which one is better choice? One more question is that they pension and 401k. Which one should I choose? Thanks

BC/BS is better because you will get reimbursed for out of network visits (like if you travel). United is basically free though (no co-pays). You don't get to choose for the retirement. We're all automatically placed into the pension system. The 401(k) is your choice though. There's no employer match :(

BC/BS is better because you will get reimbursed for out of network visits (like if you travel). United is basically free though (no co-pays). You don't get to choose for the retirement. We're all automatically placed into the pension system. The 401(k) is your choice though. There's no employer match :(

So in other words BC/BS is the better options. I start orientation later this month too... What type of benefit stuff do they go over?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I Will begin my TA training at the end of this month. I am going to choose my health insurance at orientation, but I don't know which one is better. MTA provides Empire blue cross and United Healthcare. Does any one know which one is better choice? One more question is that they pension and 401k. Which one should I choose? Thanks

You dont choose it on orientation if your coming in at BO (not sure for the others) somewhere around GI day is when you'll choose and they'll still give you a week or more after that to come to a decision

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Damn, your TA insurance plans kick my insurance plan's ass (and I work in the healthcare field and contract for insurance companies!).

Tommy John, from my experience working with insurance companies, I've found that cheaper/low plans are often not accepted by doctors who take the same company's more expensive plans, so that's one thing you want to check before you switch...call the company to make sure your doctor is on both plans.  

• 1 month later...

HELLO FRIENDS, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHEN IT COMES TO THE MEDICAL/DENTAL I AM ASSUMING THAT THE MTA PAYS IF YOU ARE SINGLE AND IN NEED OF SINGLE COVERAGE ONLY. MY MAIN QUESTION IS IF YOU NEED FAMILY COVERAGE DO YOU HAVE TO PAY OR DOES MTA PAY AND IF NOT ,ABOUT HOW MUCH APPROX DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR FAMILY COVERAGE??

You guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves first thing is to concentrate on passing the training and when you return to zerega for GI day there will be people from the benefits office there to answer all your questions. When you get the blue packet at sworn in you can go over the stuff in it but it will all be explained to you in time. And to the person that wants to know the difference between the high option and the regular is the high option includes dental and the regular you have a choice of dental.

I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT F CORAL,BUT IN MY CASE I AM DEPENDING ON GOD AND IF AND ONLY IF, HE WILLS IT, I WILL GET THE JOB. I AM ONLY CURIOUS COMPARING THE JOB I HAVE NOW FOR 35 YEARS AND WHAT I HAVE BEEN MAKING/GETTING AND JUST TO SEE IN THE DIFFERENT FINANCIAL WAYS WHERE I WOULD STAND IF I LEAVE FOR THIS JOB, AGAIN LORD WILLING!!  THANK YOU ALL!!

I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT F CORAL,BUT IN MY CASE I AM DEPENDING ON GOD AND IF AND ONLY IF, HE WILLS IT, I WILL GET THE JOB. I AM ONLY CURIOUS COMPARING THE JOB I HAVE NOW FOR 35 YEARS AND WHAT I HAVE BEEN MAKING/GETTING AND JUST TO SEE IN THE DIFFERENT FINANCIAL WAYS WHERE I WOULD STAND IF I LEAVE FOR THIS JOB, AGAIN LORD WILLING!!  THANK YOU ALL!!

Turn your caps off !

Archived