Jumbo jets at or near JFK

All of these jets have 4 engines. Codes: B744 - Boeing 747-400 (M or F suffix - combi or freight), A343 or A346 - Airbus A340-300 or Airbus A340-600 (depends on the stretch), A388 - A380-800 (a stretched version of this model has been proposed but not built)

Taken from the Beach 90 Street station:

KLM B744M (combi - combination passenger and freight, passenger front and center, cargo rear)

PH-BFS.jpg

Virgin Atlantic B744 regular

G-VFAB.jpg

At Bayswater Point State Park

El Al B747 regular

4X-ELC.jpg

EVA Air Cargo B744 freighter (originally a combi)

B-16407.jpg

Emirates A388 (they are the world's largest operator of them, with 58 of them)

A6-EEQ.jpg

Air France A388 (they operate 9)

F-HPJG.jpg

Iberia A343 (I thought it was China Eastern from afar---then I remembered that China Eastern has red noses)

EC-GJT.jpg

Behind P.S. 181

Delta B747

N674US.jpg

China Eastern A346

B-6052.jpg

All of these planes are with foreign airlines except for one. I have to wonder if an American passenger carrier will ever operate planes with more than 2 engines after these 747s - and the nearly (and some over) 40-yar old DC-10s and MD-11s are retired. (Atlas/Polar Air, Kalitta Air, and UPS have 747 cargo planes, and UPS and FedEx operate MD-11s, with FedEx also operating DC-10s converted to MD-10s.)

Hot! I have models of all of those except the El Al 744. Where where u getting the shots from?

Various spots, depending on how the planes are directed in. If they're coming on the 31 runways---Costco but A380s are ideal from Roger Avenue at the end in Inwood. If most are coming in via 22L, behind PS 181. If via 4R...Bayswater Park, but this only works for the morning. If via 13L (very few arrivals use 13R...and only a handful use 4L either).

All of these planes are with foreign airlines except for one. I have to wonder if an American passenger carrier will ever operate planes with more than 2 engines after these 747s - and the nearly (and some over) 40-yar old DC-10s and MD-11s are retired. (Atlas/Polar Air, Kalitta Air, and UPS have 747 cargo planes, and UPS and FedEx operate MD-11s, with FedEx also operating DC-10s converted to MD-10s.)

Delta and United plant on keeping there 747's for the foreseeable future

Archived