The newest TA vest?

+Young+

He should be used to being wrong anyway he got "confused" in his giddiness to try to trump us he mentioned "shirts" when the topic clearly was about the "vest"... Making it more laughable.. That whole reading comprehension thing... ;)

Actually they are made in Honduras .....

Also considering the fact the MTA is the one that has control over uniforms WE wear your little sad and pathetic dig at the UNION workers is kinda laughable....

Keep riding those buses...

And you'd be wrong. The vest design is from ML Kishigo and they are made by IBNYS (the same company that made the old vests) in Albany, New York.

LOL  Well which is it? Made in USA or Made in Honduras? Hell I don't work for the (MTA) anymore so I can be wrong.  At least one of you do though... And I'm well aware that we're talking about vests, but if they're making the uniforms outside of the US surely one can take a stab and just make an educated guess about the other stuff. I know you guys don't have control over it because there's a link online that talks about new contracts and where certain items would be made.  Nonetheless, I still blame the union because they allowed the (MTA) to do it.  If you guys are so pro union and pro American, I would think there would be more outrage over that issue.  I just compare all of the outrage you guys make about jobs and wages, etc. and this and that, and quite frankly I don't see the difference.  I always got an image that the unions here stick together to protect American jobs, but I guess that isn't the case... 

Uh yer lost man the union has a say if safety is a concern IE vest or anything else, they don't have a say in uniform vendors.. If you knew the discussion was about vest you wouldn't have brought up the shirts. My point stands you are welcome have a marvelous day :)

Uh yer lost man the union has a say if safety is a concern IE vest or anything else, they don't have a say in uniform vendors.. If you knew the discussion was about vest you wouldn't have brought up the shirts. My point stands you are welcome have a marvelous day :)

I haven't seen the vests aside from this article, and since we were discussing the quality of the vests, I used the quality of the shirts as an example, as those I have seen in person and was able to view the old shirt (Made in USA) and the new one (Not Made in USA).  Even so that doesn't mean that the union can't voice their opinion.  If some are complaining about the vests, seems like all isn't well no?  The union doesn't have a say in the vendors because the union doesn't want to, which quite frankly makes no sense, given the union's stance on protecting jobs.  Now you're saying it's all about safety... lol

I haven't seen the vests aside from this article.........

The specific items we are talking about are in a few YouTube videos:

#1) 

(between 1:38 and 1:46)

#2) 

(between 0:11 to 0:13, at 0:30 and at the 1:32 mark)

I haven't seen the vests aside from this article, and since we were discussing the quality of the vests, I used the quality of the shirts as an example, as those I have seen in person and was able to view the old shirt (Made in USA) and the new one (Not Made in USA).  Even so that doesn't mean that the union can't voice their opinion.  If some are complaining about the vests, seems like all isn't well no?  The union doesn't have a say in the vendors because the union doesn't want to, which quite frankly makes no sense, given the union's stance on protecting jobs.  Now you're saying it's all about safety... lol

You have no idea what the Union says regarding what goes on, you only know what i just said regarding the New Vest.

Listen you got Pwnd and let it go ok?

Really...

You have no idea what the Union says regarding what goes on, you only know what i just said regarding the New Vest.

Listen you got Pwnd and let it go ok?

Really...

You're just clarified everything for me... I don't need to know what the union says aside from the fact they apparently talk out both sides of their mouths when it comes to being pro American jobs and pro union... Sweatshop vests... Have a nice day...  :D

You're just clarified everything for me... I don't need to know what the union says aside from the fact they apparently talk out both sides of their mouths when it comes to being pro American jobs and pro union... Sweatshop vests... Have a nice day...  :D

In other words Yer pwnd and yer back tracking..

Did you See IND Mans Post?

Whatever helps you sleep at  night...

Keep riding those buses!

In other words Yer pwnd and yer back tracking..

Did you See IND Mans Post?

Whatever helps you sleep at  night...

Keep riding those buses!

Actually I just realized you were talking about the shirts... Honduras... Mexico... Same crappola.... As for IND's comment, well if the American company can't make the vests right, find another American company that can.  There are still some good union companies around making good American products that I support and buy goods from regularly, and the (MTA) should be looking for these companies, especially more local ones before outsourcing those jobs outside of the US... In my mind given how terrible the economy is we need to be going the extra mile to buy American and even if the union has no say in the matter, they can still voice their opinion in favor of the (MTA) opting to create more contracts locally supporting the economy and supporting American labor and manufacturing.

Shame could go a long way... Look at Apple... For years they were manufacturing in China, with a tiny bit of manufacturing of some parts here, but now they are doing more manufacturing here (though still small in the overall scheme of things) but still better than before. 

Actually I just realized you were talking about the shirts... Honduras... Mexico... Same crappola.... As for IND's comment, well if the American company can't make the vests right, find another American company that can.  There are still some good union companies around making good American products that I support and buy goods from regularly, and the (MTA) should be looking for these companies, especially more local ones before outsourcing those jobs outside of the US... In my mind given how terrible the economy is we need to be going the extra mile to buy American and even if the union has no say in the matter, they can still voice their opinion in favor of the (MTA) opting to create more contracts locally supporting the economy and supporting American labor and manufacturing.

Shame could go a long way... Look at Apple... For years they were manufacturing in China, with a tiny bit of manufacturing of some parts here, but now they are doing more manufacturing here (though still small in the overall scheme of things) but still better than before. 

Bro, Honduras and Mexico don't even share a border at all or are in the same municipality, just sayin....

Actually I just realized you were talking about the shirts... Honduras... Mexico... Same crappola....

Italy... Romania... Same crappola....

Both highly personified countries when in reality they're full of peasants working for pennies on the dollar.

Archived