My (E)&(6) is lost

R33WF

An (E) via Rockaway and (6) via Jerome. What in the world...

I can explain the 6 one. There's an overnight G.O, in place splitting the 6 in two sections: 1) 149 St to Brooklyn Bridge, 2) Pelham Bay Park to 125 St. As for the E, I've got nothing. Other than it wanted to relive its old days and run back to the Rockaways again.

My understanding from what I've heard on the E, was that there were delays on the A that Monday therefore the dispatchers decided to sent an R160 set to the Rockaways. I've seen an R32 on the C rerouted from Jay Street to Manhattan via the Rutgers Street Tunnel to 6th Avenue one time, in the middle of the AM rush, very recently, but nothing like this, ever before, in a very, very long time.

R160B set on the F to Euclid? Yes, but never an R160 set to the Rockaways since 2006, when it was going through its 30 day test on the A. No LIPA problem here with voltage anymore with these NTTs, that's for sure.

The 6 via Jerome? Thats a new one. I've seen R142Bs to Woodlawn marked as 5's living in the Bronx some time back, never a R142A or R62A set on the 6 heading up that route in service. 

Archived