Express routes within Manhattan

Manhattanville

It could also increase ridership on the 4 lines. If an HOV lane was made, I would make it effective from 6 AM-7 PM weekdays.

I think so as well. It's mind boggling why one hasn't been created up until this point.  I understand that we're only talking about 4 express buses, but as I said, other HOV vehicles could use that lane because if the Deegan is slammed and the Harlem River Drive is slammed, the only other option is to take local streets or sit in the traffic.

The question is when and if that happens.  These people need relief now.

It's definitely going to happen. It's only a matter of time. Remember it's not an extension though, it's a rerouting. I however think the x90 could be useful under the terms mentioned below. I also agree that the M15 SBS and the future (Q) and (T) lines are not necessarily suitable alternatives to some, but it's not as bad as some are making it seem.

I'm 50/50 on this one. True the route could be very useful, but if the ridership doesn't outweigh the cost then it just wouldn't be feasible. I don't see a re-start of that line being profitable unless MTA did some serious marketing for it..... Some of the issues/topics here were discussed in the Return of the X25 and X90 thread a few years back. 

If the x90 ever makes a comeback(Which it likely won't), it should be at 20-30 minute headways. The fact that it had 10-20 minute headways was an issue all in itself because some trips legitimately carried air.

I wouldn't mind seeing that route come back, but a problem we'd be facing now is a lack of Express Buses, as the spare factor has dropped dramatically since 2010.

As for the x90 running as a variant of the x25,don't bet on it. Long ago there were talks about merging the two lines to save operating costs, but them Yorkville folk were not having it, and rightfully so.

Don't forget those couple of 6 minute headway trips which were just about the only time the route got a semi-heavy load. I also think 20-30 minutes is cool... Maybe 15-18 minutes during the heaviest trip times.

It's definitely going to happen. It's only a matter of time. Remember it's not an extension though, it's a rerouting. I however think the x90 could be useful under the terms mentioned below. I also agree that the M15 SBS and the future (Q) and (T) lines are not necessarily suitable alternatives to some, but it's not as bad as some are making it seem.

I'm 50/50 on this one. True the route could be very useful, but if the ridership doesn't outweigh the cost then it just wouldn't be feasible. I don't see a re-start of that line being profitable unless MTA did some serious marketing for it..... Some of the issues/topics here were discussed in the Return of the X25 and X90 thread a few years back. 

Well a certain someone tried running the line and that seemed to have fizzled out... I would be curious to see how the route would do if a private operator could take it over and not have it vanish into thin air...

Well a certain someone tried running the line and that seemed to have fizzled out... I would be curious to see how the route would do if a private operator could take it over and not have it vanish into thin air...

Lol... JAzumah has a track record, and it isn't a good one either.... Quite sure potential riders did their history before embarking on someone's (his) private operations..... I most certainly wouldn't use his service(s) as any type of measuring stick....

Lol... JAzumah has a track record, and it isn't a good one either.... Quite sure potential riders did their history before embarking on someone's (his) private operations..... I most certainly wouldn't use his service(s) as any type of measuring stick....

lol... Hence my comment... I know of quite a few Staten Islanders that go off on a rant every time his name comes up because of the service he ran...

Don't forget those couple of 6 minute headway trips which were just about the only time the route got a semi-heavy load. I also think 20-30 minutes is cool... Maybe 15-18 minutes during the heaviest trip times.

I forgot about those short stint of 6 minute headway trips...those did get a decent load, but the problem with those trips was that sometimes, they had buses back to back, which had one bus empty(or about 2-5 people) and another with the bulk of passengers.

------

On a sidenote, I do miss seeing x90s making it up onto the F.D.R

And to see the line died with these was another thing...

I forgot about those short stint of 6 minute headway trips...those did get a decent load, but the problem with those trips was that sometimes, they had buses back to back, which had one bus empty(or about 2-5 people) and another with the bulk of passengers.

------

On a sidenote, I do miss seeing x90s making it up onto the F.D.R

And to see the line died with these was another thing...

That was a familiar sight near Vesey & West...

Archived