Is Q114 LTD better than the old Q113 LTD?

ConcourseExp

I know that Far Rockaway needs a better bus line, but can the Q114 have better efficiency over the Q113 LTD because it has less stops or takes a more direct route or ...

Well the Q114 is pretty much the same as the old Q113 local all that was changed is now it runs Limited along Guy Brewer except late nights. I understand why it was done in a way but at the same time it's hurts Far Rockaway riders wanting a local stop on Guy Brewer. The Q111 serves Guy Brewer local still and get most of the ridership. So in my opinion yes the Q114 is better than the old Q113LTD because it's faster with fewer stops. Still maintains it's old 10 minute headways.

I'll give this guy the benefit of the doubt w/ the thread title; ppl. seldom referred to the 113 local as such when they're on street level waiting for & riding the thing.... It's one thing when we're on here posting to differentiate between the (actual) 113 LTD & the 113 local.... Hell, I don't think I ever referred to the 113 as the "113 local" whenever I rode the thing.....

As for the question itself..... I don't know which rendition of the old 113 LTD you're asking about, so I can't opinionate on this.....

IMHO, it doesn't matter if it's the Q113 LTD that used to run on 147th Avenue or the current one; either one beats the Q114. If we're talking in terms of the local Q113 that used to exist, then the Q114 is much better; Guy R Brewer Boulevard needed a lot more LTD service than it had before the bus rout existed.

The good thing about the two LTD's is that the bus stop on Archer Av, which is crowded most of the times, riders who want to get off along Guy R Brewer can take either one, which makes the Q113 LTD come less crowded since the Q114 LTD comes freqently. At the first bus stop on Seagirt Blvd, it is always crowded in the morning because of the Q22's. Seriously, the Q22 is over crowded and everyone that gets off the bus, are the ones that also take the LTD's. To answer your question, In any direction, from Far Rockaway to Jamaica or Jamaica to Far Rockaway, the Q113 LTD will always beat the Q114 LTD. The Q114 LTD makes so many left and right turns in Inwood, while the Q113 LTD uses Nassau Expressway.

Archived