Holiday Train

Ramirez1523

Hi everyone,

I was trying to catch the Holiday Train they are running on the old (V) line this holiday season, i know the hours of operation are from 10am to 5pm, but i was just wondering if someone could help me out because i don't want to sit at 2nd ave station forever just waiting for the train, so i was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction....like at 10 am do they start at 2nd Ave or at Forrest Hills?

the train only went as far as Forest hills in the early days of the program, when it was run as an F extra via 63rd. Once they started using 53rd street and the V/M, it has been 2nd Ave to Queens Plaza, relay via D5.

The train is operated from 207th street yard. As there is no direct route from 207th to Queens, consider which would be the easier terminal to start and end from.

Hi everyone,

I was trying to catch the Holiday Train they are running on the old (V) line this holiday season, i know the hours of operation are from 10am to 5pm, but i was just wondering if someone could help me out because i don't want to sit at 2nd ave station forever just waiting for the train, so i was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction....like at 10 am do they start at 2nd Ave or at Forrest Hills?

I am trying to find the schedule myself. They used to post it. Unbelievable that they expect someone to wait two hours for the train without posting the schedule.

Railman, that info is close enough, give or take a minute here and there. As long as your there about 10 or so minutes before the times you posted, people should make the train. Again, this is subject to regular service not being delayed.

Departures from 2nd Avenue are at 

10:01 AM, 11:30 AM, 1:01 PM, 2:30 PM, and 4:01 PM. 

Departures from Queens Plaza are at 

10:44 AM, 12:14 PM, 1:43 PM, 3:14 PM, and 4:44 PM. 

Hopefully this is the right Info..

That was last years schedule, and I think the same from the year before - so hopefully they're keeping it the same. I think I'm going to try to make it out there tomorrow (I mean, I live a 5 minute ride from queens plaza so I might as well). I'll ask the crew if they have the current schedule and/or if it's the same. 

Departures from 2nd Avenue are at 

10:01 AM, 11:30 AM, 1:01 PM, 2:30 PM, and 4:01 PM. 

Departures from Queens Plaza are at 

10:44 AM, 12:14 PM, 1:43 PM, 3:14 PM, and 4:44 PM. 

Hopefully this is the right Info..

Thank you. Now, hopefully I can beg my grandma to wait over the (F) until around 4 at Broadway Lafyate whatever.

Archived