Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

10 minutes ago, Immortal11 said:

So what is difference between A ND B division ? ... from what I hear A is mostly bronx ? 

Yes, the A division is the number line and you will mostly report to the terminals and the yards in the Bronx.

B division is the letter lines.

Take a look at the subway map to get an idea on where you're going.

Edited by Jericho

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Immortal11 said:

So what is difference between A ND B division ? ... from what I hear A is mostly bronx ? 

The A division is mostly the bronx but you have queens aka main street and by Brooklyn New lots and Flatbush and Utica. 

The B division is Brooklyn aka stillwell, brighton and the bronx and queens.

The A division is all numbered trains and the B is all lettered trains. The B division is more vast while the A is much smaller.

12 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Yes, the A division is the number line and you will mostly report to the terminals and the yards in the Bronx.

B division is the letter lines.

Take a look at the subway map to get an idea on where you're going.

I'll be coming from CT lol so hopefully can get that A division!! so once you pick a specific division is that your division permanently?

5 minutes ago, Immortal11 said:

I'll be coming from CT lol so hopefully can get that A division!! so once you pick a specific division is that your division permanently?

For the most part yes unless they transfer you in the beginning but thats very rare Ive only ever heard of it happening to one guy

12 minutes ago, Immortal11 said:

You can change divisions when you are able to pick a job in the other division. After two years, you can go to the C division which is work trains where you can report to Westchester Yard or other various locations in the subway.

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

1. Your list/seniority number determines your place in line to pick division, and in the future jobs. Keep in mind, you may be XX for several years as many have been hired ahead of you at this point.

2. Pick the division that better suits your commute. You will find you will value the free time you have available over anything else.

3. Night differential is a buck and change.

4. Difficult in what way? If anything many that do come out prefer the midnight as it's less stressful during the day.

- Your list number can't be the sole determining factor in picking jobs since some people defer and will have a higher list number but less time on the job. 

- Difficult in that many people are trying to work the midnight shift. 

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Harlem said:

- Your list number can't be the sole determining factor in picking jobs since some people defer and will have a higher list number but less time on the job. 

- Difficult in that many people are trying to work the midnight shift. 

Thanks.

1. It matters within your class. Your seniority is determined once you are actually hired.

Example: Someone with a list number of 254 can be hired in the May class, but will still be behind you in seniority and you will still pick a job sooner than they do.

2. AM, MID, and PM is usually the order that people prefer their tours.

Edited by Jericho

28 minutes ago, Elvis Gonzalez said:

Took my 1st pre employment on 03/24 where they took drug test...how long it takes for next steps 

You'll forget when you took it by the time they call you, usually..

If you don't hear back in 80 days or so give them a call to schedule the second one.

Edited by Milano

Good Afternoon All!... Would like some advice/input. I've already been appointed to the April 10th class(congrats to all who will be there). Would you disregard an email inviting you to the 2nd round of the hiring process to become an Assistant Conductor for the LIRR? Been waiting close to 8 yrs for the MTA, but wondering if LIRR would be the better choice of the two as far as pension, union and such. 

22 minutes ago, Jetgator3 said:

Do anyone know what bag we need for the April 10th class? 

There's no specific bag required, a regular backpack will do for the beginning.

I have the kaka 40L bag but it's too big. If I had to do it again I'd get a swiss gear bag. 

4 hours ago, Milano said:

There's no specific bag required, a regular backpack will do for the beginning.

I have the kaka 40L bag but it's too big. If I had to do it again I'd get a swiss gear bag. 

Okay thanks. 
Do anyone know if we will be able to pick our divisions? Or will they just assign it to us? 

8 hours ago, ronZO215 said:

Good Afternoon All!... Would like some advice/input. I've already been appointed to the April 10th class(congrats to all who will be there). Would you disregard an email inviting you to the 2nd round of the hiring process to become an Assistant Conductor for the LIRR? Been waiting close to 8 yrs for the MTA, but wondering if LIRR would be the better choice of the two as far as pension, union and such. 

Id recommend you stay the course for now at NYCT, since who knows what wrenches theyll throw you at LIRR

8 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

Id recommend you stay the course for now at NYCT, since who knows what wrenches theyll throw you at LIRR

I was thinking the same think. I got my foot already in the door and last thing I want to do is shoot myself in the foot by losing this MTA chance just to try and get into LIRR and possibly not even getting in. Ty! 

hello everyone , my name is Hakeem. this forum is very helpful with the information on here. On November 30th i received a text message and letter to my home to go to pre-employment December 5 2022. i completed the pre-employment . December 27th i was sent a email to go to 180 livingston on December 29th for the final phase of the process to be considered for the January 9th class. this email was sent to my spam mail and i didn't see it until march. how i ended up finding this email was because the drug screening is good for 90 days. as it was coming up to the 90 days i said to my self to skim through my emails to see if they reached out to me . & that's how i found it .within the 90 days i was constantly checking my mailbox at home to see if a letter was sent to my house. No letter sent to my house & no text message as i was reached out to for the drug screening. This scenario was baffling to me. i Reached out to the sender of the email who then forward me to email DCAS to have my name Restored to the list. my list number is 70xx & i am now restored to the list via to what a Automated system say. its quite difficult to speak to A person directly on these situations . i believe i would need to take the drug screening over because it past 90 days. it feel like I'm in a state of limbo & need clarity to at least Speak to a direct representative.  this number 3476437413 does not work. is their anyone who experience something similar ? being restored back to the list ? what is the process ? how long after being restored were you in contact with a MTA Representative?

6 hours ago, HakeemK23 said:

hello everyone , my name is Hakeem. this forum is very helpful with the information on here. On November 30th i received a text message and letter to my home to go to pre-employment December 5 2022. i completed the pre-employment . December 27th i was sent a email to go to 180 livingston on December 29th for the final phase of the process to be considered for the January 9th class. this email was sent to my spam mail and i didn't see it until march. how i ended up finding this email was because the drug screening is good for 90 days. as it was coming up to the 90 days i said to my self to skim through my emails to see if they reached out to me . & that's how i found it .within the 90 days i was constantly checking my mailbox at home to see if a letter was sent to my house. No letter sent to my house & no text message as i was reached out to for the drug screening. This scenario was baffling to me. i Reached out to the sender of the email who then forward me to email DCAS to have my name Restored to the list. my list number is 70xx & i am now restored to the list via to what a Automated system say. its quite difficult to speak to A person directly on these situations . i believe i would need to take the drug screening over because it past 90 days. it feel like I'm in a state of limbo & need clarity to at least Speak to a direct representative.  this number 3476437413 does not work. is their anyone who experience something similar ? being restored back to the list ? what is the process ? how long after being restored were you in contact with a MTA Representative?

I think you will have to wait until the list is certified again Hakeem. Transit receives a list of eligible candidates and because you missed the medical you were removed from the list. Now that you’ve restored your name to the list you have to wait for them to request a new list which will include your name. It took a year for that process to happen recently. Hope it doesn’t take that long for you. 

6 hours ago, HakeemK23 said:

oof you JUST missed them recertifying the list from DCAS, Im sorry that happened man

April 10th here I come 😄

March 31, 7am medical

Got my conditional offer of employment... be careful yall the emails are coming from the people in the office, not thru actual nyct official email. 

I'm list..717#

just a idea of were they are on this list for medical.. 

Edited by Immortal11

17 minutes ago, Immortal11 said:

April 10th here I come 😄

March 31, 7am medical

Got my conditional offer of employment... be careful yall the emails are coming from the people in the office, not thru actual nyct official email. 

I'm list..717#

just a idea of were they are on this list for medical.. 

hope they don't place you on medical hold godspeed