Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

16 minutes ago, DaVon said:

@adelvemail address is examsunit@nyct.com

(**For anyone else who would like to reach out to the exams unit regarding results of their OPA**)

in the subject line - Checking Status of results for OPA taken on (input the date).

in body of email state:

Exam #6100

Your full name

list number

ss# (last 4 digits)

Thank you very much

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

imo sign up for that 401k asap, and later on I recommend signing up for the 457 as well 

I'm thinking about it but was never of a fan of it, rather open a savings elsewhere and get 2-3% less and/or believe in cash is king.. From my understanding, isn't 401k/457k just a way to help people for "sure" save? You can opt to pay taxes now or later but regardless, you need to pay it. There is no match here.. Or am I missing something?

22 minutes ago, alexx said:

I'm thinking about it but was never of a fan of it, rather open a savings elsewhere and get 2-3% less and/or believe in cash is king.. From my understanding, isn't 401k/457k just a way to help people for "sure" save? You can opt to pay taxes now or later but regardless, you need to pay it. There is no match here.. Or am I missing something?

idk about the match but the 457 is worth it,can take it out at 55

20 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

idk about the match but the 457 is worth it,can take it out at 55

Yeah but imo, it's still just another saving accounts and you're only getting like 2% or so more than other savings accounts that I seen offered and they aren't restricting you from withdrawing. One positive thing that I do see is for people that be introduced into investing and having a "free" professional manage your portfolio which usually more likely ends up on the positive side.

BTW, does anyone have any good cargo pants for the job? Been looking for a pair but nothing seems to be of standards when it gets here..  Looking for something more on the tactical side in terms of pockets.. Everything I ordered was not the right material to qualify :(

On 5/28/2023 at 8:49 PM, alexx said:

Yeah but imo, it's still just another saving accounts and you're only getting like 2% or so more than other savings accounts that I seen offered and they aren't restricting you from withdrawing. One positive thing that I do see is for people that be introduced into investing and having a "free" professional manage your portfolio which usually more likely ends up on the positive side.

BTW, does anyone have any good cargo pants for the job? Been looking for a pair but nothing seems to be of standards when it gets here..  Looking for something more on the tactical side in terms of pockets.. Everything I ordered was not the right material to qualify :(

You can choose where to invest your money with the 401k, so it can be way more then a savings account. There isn't matching mainly because we have a pension already. I would even do just 5% and leave it like that until you retire, you'll get a good penny when you're out of here. I personally do my own investments outside of the 401k as well (Dividends), but a 401 don't hurt.

3 hours ago, Blu24 said:

Is there any updates on when the next class will be?  I did my sleep study and apparently I have to redo it 😩. At this point I’m thinking about doing it somewhere else because they’re dragging their feet. 

there should be one in july

On 6/1/2023 at 5:30 PM, Apes said:

You can choose where to invest your money with the 401k, so it can be way more then a savings account. There isn't matching mainly because we have a pension already. I would even do just 5% and leave it like that until you retire, you'll get a good penny when you're out of here. I personally do my own investments outside of the 401k as well (Dividends), but a 401 don't hurt.

You'd be surprised how many people just let cash sit in a retirement account and never invest it.

On 6/1/2023 at 4:41 PM, Comrade96 said:

Likewise there is a new train operator OC exam filing in december, which I am surprised about, given what ive been hearing about transits reluctance to hire t/os off the street for the future

They'll have a goal to meet for how many train operators they need. It might be likely if they get enough from promotional they'll cancel the OC.

22 minutes ago, Milano said:

They'll have a goal to meet for how many train operators they need. It might be likely if they get enough from promotional they'll cancel the OC.

this is true, theyre definitely going to have plenty as I will be one of them 

On 6/7/2023 at 1:17 PM, Milano said:

Are you in school? Ask your TSS. 

Or call The Union rep on duty.

Or BSC.

Call time keeping .. you should have that number , if not, Google it or it should show it somewhere in the blue book if I remember correctly.