Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Zarric said:

Hey all, I am scheduled for medical/drug on Friday 9/15. I do not have my HS diploma ( I lost it) . I have been calling the last 2 days but no one answers or responded to my voicemail. Will a copy be acceptable? The most my former HS will give me is transcripts. Thanks in advance! 

Take what you have. A copy might be ok.

Edited by Harlem

4 hours ago, Zarric said:

Hey all, I am scheduled for medical/drug on Friday 9/15. I do not have my HS diploma ( I lost it) . I have been calling the last 2 days but no one answers or responded to my voicemail. Will a copy be acceptable? The most my former HS will give me is transcripts. Thanks in advance! 

Ive been trying to get on to them for the pat few days to. Haven’t been answering,

maybe the best bet might be to walk with the copy and they may give u time to get the original 🤷🏽‍♀️

14 minutes ago, KarNa said:

Ive been trying to get on to them for the pat few days to. Haven’t been answering,

maybe the best bet might be to walk with the copy and they may give u time to get the original 🤷🏽‍♀️

They’re very difficult to get on the phone. You’d be better off going in person. I used to try and call them MULTIPLE times and it just rings and rings and rings and rings…..

14 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

They’re very difficult to get on the phone. You’d be better off going in person. I used to try and call them MULTIPLE times and it just rings and rings and rings and rings…..

Oh wow! Cause i sent an email to reschedule an appointment. (Not sure if thats the best idea ) but my job wont give me the day 😩 & i didn’t get a response as yet. 

2 hours ago, KarNa said:

Oh wow! Cause i sent an email to reschedule an appointment. (Not sure if thats the best idea ) but my job wont give me the day 😩 & i didn’t get a response as yet. 

When did you email them? They sometimes take a while to email you back. No lie… I sent an email to LMACustomerService back in January and they emailed me back in June or July AFTER I was already hired & everything.

17 hours ago, goliver28 said:

If you have a copy of your high school diploma it should be fine but I’m not 100% sure. The only other way I know of is to contact the state itself for a duplicate but you wouldn’t be getting that by Friday. 

That may work. Or they may give you more time . But they definitely want the actual transcripts more than the Diploma itself. I ordered mines while i was waiting for medical & it took 6 weeks from Albany.

16 hours ago, Harlem said:

Take what you have. A copy might be ok.

They need the original copy unfortunately. I had misplaced mine also and had brought a copy that they didn’t accept. I had to apply for a new one. Definitely  go. When I went I explained my situation. I was able to do my drug test and I applied for a new copy of my GED. I got it just in time for the medical portion. 

Edited by Blu24

I have a quick question. I just did my drug test this week. They’re having a class beginning the last week of September. What are the odds that they’ll call me for that class? this is my second time doing the drug test and will need to complete another medical as well because my first one expired. The problem is I may be going out of the country until the end of this month. The person I spoke to said they’re looking to fill slots for that class so it’s a possibility they’ll call me back. Last time, I waited about a month and a half for a call back. 

24 minutes ago, Blu24 said:

I have a quick question. I just did my drug test this week. They’re having a class beginning the last week of September. What are the odds that they’ll call me for that class? this is my second time doing the drug test and will need to complete another medical as well because my first one expired. The problem is I may be going out of the country until the end of this month. The person I spoke to said they’re looking to fill slots for that class so it’s a possibility they’ll call me back. Last time, I waited about a month and a half for a call back. 

If you can, I would complete the medical again and then tell them you wish to be considered for the following class if you have to go overseas.

40 minutes ago, Blu24 said:

I would stick around . Especially because i think they're putting out at least 2 more classes after this one. You dont wanna miss it.

Story of my life 🤣😂😩. So yea, I’m leaving and won’t be here to do the medical 😐. I’m honestly not even canceling my trip especially since it’s a family emergency. I did email them to let them know. If I get in I get in and if I don’t then it wasn’t meant to be. 🤷🏽‍♀️

On 9/13/2023 at 3:41 PM, Sebby5 said:

Anyone know what list # they are up to? I don’t get why they have people doing OPA and drug testing when I did mine back in June and haven’t heard back

I agree! I did my OPA in May. They took my 25 bucks which isn’t anything but still, why have ppl do all this and they know we won’t get called. It’s just wild, the list is probably going to expire soon because they have the new test coming out. 

17 minutes ago, Amir said:

I agree! I did my OPA in May. They took my 25 bucks which isn’t anything but still, why have ppl do all this and they know we won’t get called. It’s just wild, the list is probably going to expire soon because they have the new test coming out. 

Agreed, why take our money for another waiting game. It’s crazy 

What's up everyone, I came out of school car in July and been on the road ever since. It's a pretty cool job, wouldn't have seen my self being a conductor and def didn't thought they were going to get to my list number which was 77##, but they did. Stay positive and your time will come. I took my OPA in August 2022 and got called back for pre employment and drug test in Feb 2023 and medical in May 2023 and started class right after a few weeks. Trust me it takes time, I remember I was fighting with another veteran on here about opa results I kept asking about it and kept asking about what list number they were up too, they got tired of responding to me 🤣🤣, lmao.Now I am a conductor. Don't stress it, and stay positive your time will come if not there's another test coming out in Oct prepare your self for that.