Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

7 hours ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

Any new conductors have the newest yearly raise break down from starting pay to top pay? I see there's a couple ppl in school car now, did you guys get your paper they usually give at 180 or at orientation with the new break down? If so, can you write what the new break down is per year? What are the numbers in btwn $25.05(Starting pay) and $35.79(Top pay) per year?

This may assist you in getting what you are looking for.

https://www.twulocal100.org/2023-contract-wage-chart

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Alucard said:

This may assist you in getting what you are looking for.

https://www.twulocal100.org/2023-contract-wage-chart

I have that from TWU, but those are all Top pay charts from contract agreement raises. But it doesnt show how you will get from Starting pay to Top pay.

Since the raises took affect from the contract, the new hires get a new sheet showing their yearly increments from starting pay ($25.05) to Top pay ($35.79).

So for example... the sheet will show year one $25.05, Year two $26.72, year three $27.10, and so on until u reach Top pay. 

They usually give that to you either when u swear in or at orientation. Alot of folks get alot of paper work given to them that they don't notice they have that paper. 

5 hours ago, Amir said:

Top pay 35.79 geez.

Yes thats the top pay for Conductors right now, with yearly percentage raises since the new contract was approved. May 16 2023 we got a 3% raise (Based on your hourly wage). Next May 2024 another 3%, then May of 2025 we get a 3.5% raise topping out at $38.15, then we head over to fight for new contract raises. For us thats been down here we believe we deserve a lil more, but for new hires it may be a good look. 

Edited by Jsalcedo718
Incomplete comment

29 minutes ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

I have that from TWU, but those are all Top pay charts from contract agreement raises. But it doesnt show how you will get from Starting pay to Top pay.

Since the raises took affect from the contract, the new hires get a new sheet showing their yearly increments from starting pay ($25.05) to Top pay ($35.79).

So for example... the sheet will show year one $25.05, Year two $26.72, year three $27.10, and so on until u reach Top pay. 

They usually give that to you either when u swear in or at orientation. Alot of folks get alot of paper work given to them that they don't notice they have that paper. 

Okay, you're infact looking for a wage progression chart. While postings for jobs will show the progression chart, if there's been no recent posting it might not be easily accessible to grab. I would suspect the progression will mirror the breakdowns of most twu repped positions. 70% $25.05 of $35.79. This will be just math if you know the time period to 100% and the percentage increase on the progression. But yeah, some job postings do offer the charts up front

36 minutes ago, Alucard said:

Okay, you're infact looking for a wage progression chart. While postings for jobs will show the progression chart, if there's been no recent posting it might not be easily accessible to grab. I would suspect the progression will mirror the breakdowns of most twu repped positions. 70% $25.05 of $35.79. This will be just math if you know the time period to 100% and the percentage increase on the progression. But yeah, some job postings do offer the charts up front

Definitely 

Hey, I was called and texted on Friday  about coming in next week for Pre Employment  . I was told to check my email and follow the instructions in the email , I have yet to receive a email & it’s Sunday . I want to make sure I have all the documentations and everything they asked for before having to go in . I see that on this forum it shows a link to “ employee operations canvass instructions “ is that what was sent out in the email . Can someone help me out . 

26 minutes ago, JJsmooth said:

Hey, I was called and texted on Friday  about coming in next week for Pre Employment  . I was told to check my email and follow the instructions in the email , I have yet to receive a email & it’s Sunday . I want to make sure I have all the documentations and everything they asked for before having to go in . I see that on this forum it shows a link to “ employee operations canvass instructions “ is that what was sent out in the email . Can someone help me out . 

Yes, fill out and print the Pre-employment Packet. Any other forms you might be missing and the people at 180 Livingston will make sure to correct that. 

27 minutes ago, JJsmooth said:

Did you check your spam/junk folder?

5 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Yes, fill out and print the Pre-employment Packet. Any other forms you might be missing and the people at 180 Livingston will make sure to correct that. 

Okay great will print it out , it’s like 16 pages just wanted to make sure it’s the correct form . I’m sure I’m missing other forms and instructions .. ugghhhh 

1 minute ago, JJsmooth said:

Yes , i checked everywhere . Also called them & emailed them .. nothing ! I don’t want this holding my process back that’s why I’m trying to ask questions 

Okay well just fill all those forms out and bring proof of citizenship, social security card, high school diploma, and drivers license.

4 hours ago, goliver28 said:

Of course! I want to see everybody succeed! I wouldn’t want somebody to miss their chance because of something like this. Good luck to you!

I’ll be there next Friday as well. I’m going to print the papers out tomorrow & full them out properly. I think the only thing I’m going to have to try and get asap is the DMV abstract. My license completes 3 years in NJ. And I believe I still need to provide that info 

36 minutes ago, Amir said:

I’ll be there next Friday as well. I’m going to print the papers out tomorrow & full them out properly. I think the only thing I’m going to have to try and get asap is the DMV abstract. My license completes 3 years in NJ. And I believe I still need to provide that info 

Do you know if the HS diploma can be a copy or it have to be the official document ? 

1 hour ago, NJMike73 said:

pre employment don't mean u get the job it first step in that way cause the something happened to me 5 yrs ago and was never called back for medical. so don't give up your day job yet  until u pass medical exam and u get your results via email

You don't need an email. They tell you if you pass medical  or you are on medical hold on the same day and also tell you that you are hired if you pass medical. 

I’m in the final weeks of school car myself, and like the others said it will make you question your decision. There’s a lot to learn in a short amount of time and everything is new. Your schedule will bounce around a bit, mostly just 3-11pm , early 7-3 some days, and 5pm-1am other days. Depending what was your previous job it can take some adjusting too. You’ll be expected to come prepared for class, so do your readings at night if you can or on your way to class. 

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

I’m in the final weeks of school car myself, and like the others said it will make you question your decision. There’s a lot to learn in a short amount of time and everything is new. Your schedule will bounce around a bit, mostly just 3-11pm , early 7-3 some days, and 5pm-1am other days. Depending what was your previous job it can take some adjusting too. You’ll be expected to come prepared for class, so do your readings at night if you can or on your way to class. 

I’m on my second day of orientation but I wanted to know, how many weeks is school car? When did you get your ID ? And when did you find out what division you’re in ? 

30 minutes ago, Bossyk said:

I’m on my second day of orientation but I wanted to know, how many weeks is school car? When did you get your ID ? And when did you find out what division you’re in ? 

6 weeks if you’re in the A division, about 8 weeks in the B division. You should be getting your ID today at the union hall. You find out your division the Thursday or Friday(I think Friday). You pick the one that you want and as long as it’s open you’ll get it.

26 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

6 weeks if you’re in the A division, about 8 weeks in the B division. You should be getting your ID today at the union hall. You find out your division the Thursday or Friday(I think Friday). You pick the one that you want and as long as it’s open you’ll get it.

Thank you, I didn’t even know we got to choose 🙏🏽

13 minutes ago, Bossyk said:

Thank you, I didn’t even know we got to choose 🙏🏽

Yes but keep in mind if you want the B division, there may be a chance you won’t get it if you’re at or near the bottom of the seniority list. Most people want the B division so it ends up being full. Some people have no choice but to be in the A division. 

Edited by goliver28