Explain Me This

Well, I have a story to tell here. Bare with me on this.

So, last week, I was on my home, heading uptown. It was at 86th Street. As usual, an R62A (1) train arrived in the station at a fast speed. Nothing out of the ordinary. But then, at the last 3 cars in the back, it assigned as the (5) train between Dyre Avenue the Bronx and Fltabush Avenue Brooklyn. When I enter the last car, it gets much worse from there. You can easily access the cab (don't worry though on this part; it was only half of the cab. The train controls were not accessible). Adding to that, the door to the rollsign was also open as well. I didn't enter the cab. I get of at 137th Street, I was shocked at what I saw.

Now, I must note this: I did not do any kind of stupid rollsign shenanigans or anything like what the Conquestors did. I  just simply came across it. The only reason why I wanted to post this story because of because something was not right here. 

Now explain me why that happened.

Ok so the destination was changed.  Big dealarrow-10x10.png.  Either a careless employee and/or some crazy railfans messing with the subway cars as usual. <_<

Exactly. That's why I said "I must note this" at the end, because now, a photo or video that's posted of a different signage, everyone is gonna think he/she did Conquestor related activity.

Exactly. That's why I said "I must note this" at the end, because now, a photo or video that's posted of a different signage, everyone is gonna think he/she did Conquestor related activity.

For what it's worth, I never saw what the big deal was anyway.  I never even thought about crazy railfans changing the signs until I came here and saw that people wasted their time doing that. Smh

Yeah we have a history of foamers and vandals messing with rollsigns and causing trouble back in the 1970s some crazy railfan ners caused an R10 (C) train derailed because they were messing with the brakes in 207 st yard

Yeah we have a history of foamers and vandals messing with rollsigns and causing trouble back in the 1970s some crazy railfan ners caused an R10 (C) train derailed because they were messing with the brakes in 207 st yard

When people damage and destroy TA property they are not railfans and they are not foamers: they are criminals. We should leave it at that.

This type of thing occurs from time to time. If possible, the C/R should be alerted before any crew members are written up for the erroneous signage. If a cab door is left open, the car # should be noted and any transit employee around should be informed.

Moving along. 

• 2 months later...

More foolishness from fools?

Apparently so... Just today, one of the rollsigns from R62A #2335 has been stolen. Came across it going home from IKEA. <_<

And I'm going to say this again; I did not mess with the rollsign, or do Conquestor related activity. Just like before, I just came across it.

Apparently so... Just today, one of the rollsigns from R62A #2335 has been stolen. Came across it going home from IKEA. <_<

And I'm going to say this again; I did not mess with the rollsign, or do Conquestor related activity. Just like before, I just came across it.

That sign on 2335 has been missing for awhile.

Archived