Subway delays up, MTA's expectations down: audit

BDNQ2345

Wait Assessment OTP (which is what matters) is at 90% or higher in basically every subway system on earth but in New York City hitting 80% is an accomplishment. How nearly 6 million people a day (including myself) deal with this buffoonery is beyond me. 

Lol at some of the comments they got... like the chick who says the 4 is never delayed between Union Sq and Wall Street. Maybe that's because sometimes that train you're on is not a (4). Given that particular line has really high service levels shit has to hit the fan before the delays become noticeable. Also this other dude so says that he waits a long time for the (L) but it's rarely delayed. Well last time I checked waiting a long time on a route with the service the (L) gets would reflect delays. 

No wonder the MTA. is not pressured to make any critical improvements. Too many clueless riders out of touch with what needs to be done.

The (MTA) should create strategy improvements to the system if overcrowded and sick passengers can cause the most delays then the (MTA) should be smart with add more reliable trains to the tracks and they should see less overcrowding the (MTA) should do a review of all of the longest lines in the system and strategize how to make them less prone to delays,ridership is through the roof which makes the subway delay prone, The (MTA) should step up their game.

With service decreasing and ridership rising, more and more people are holding the doors because they fear the next train will not come for 20+ minutes even at rush hour, delaying service bad. This is what happens when randomly selected scheduled trains get cancelled for no damn reason at all. I can't count the number of times I have waited 15+ minutes for a (B) train in Manhattan during the evening rush while 3-4 half empty (D) trains pass, and when the (B) finally does come, it's super-packed and people try to push their way in since they do not want to wait any more.

Hire new dispatchers! Many are so stupid, hold trains up for no damn reason, never pay attention to the schedule, can't make decisions at intersections like DeKalb Avenue, 34th Street, or Myrtle Avenue until the very last minute, or cause delays on purpose. Also, do we really need so much track work at once? They really slow down trains! There was one time on the (7) where there were track workers on the entire line from end-to-end, so a normally 30-minute commute took nearly 50 to complete.

There should be two new automated announcements. The first one should say "Ladies and gentleman, we are being held momentarily by the train's stupid dispatcher," and the other should say "Ladies and gentleman, we are delayed because of stupid, lazy track workers ahead of us."

With service decreasing and ridership rising, more and more people are holding the doors because they fear the next train will not come for 20+ minutes even at rush hour, delaying service bad. This is what happens when randomly selected scheduled trains get cancelled for no damn reason at all. I can't count the number of times I have waited 15+ minutes for a (B) train in Manhattan during the evening rush while 3-4 half empty (D) trains pass, and when the (B) finally does come, it's super-packed and people try to push their way in since they do not want to wait any more.

Hire new dispatchers! Many are so stupid, hold trains up for no damn reason, never pay attention to the schedule, can't make decisions at intersections like DeKalb Avenue, 34th Street, or Myrtle Avenue until the very last minute, or cause delays on purpose. Also, do we really need so much track work at once? They really slow down trains! There was one time on the (7) where there were track workers on the entire line from end-to-end, so a normally 30-minute commute took nearly 50 to complete.

There should be two new automated announcements. The first one should say "Ladies and gentleman, we are being held momentarily by the train's stupid dispatcher," and the other should say "Ladies and gentleman, we are delayed because of stupid, lazy track workers ahead of us."

LMAO... Well I see somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed...  :lol:

With my experience in riding the (C) between Lafayette and Hoyt, there should be an announcement for "Ladies and gentlemen, we are being held momentarily due to train traffic behind us. Thank you for your patience.", followed by an (A) crawling past and overriding at 3 MPH...

Archived