R160 to the F train and transfer the R46 to the E train

Charleston

Bet it will happen by late October/November as the service advisories till October are finished. Doesn't make any sense to run the R160's till the track work is finalized. If R160's are coming in as (F) then it means that they will be online soon. No more rush hour work along with new trains will make the (F) line really nice for once.

Thought the whole reason for running the 32s on the (E) was for dwell times. The 160s are 60 ft long with the 40 doors per side, the E has been running mostly the oldest equipment on the fleet since 1990 when they switched it from a mostly R46 equipment line to an almost exclusive R32 line, with an occasional R46 mixed in. The (F) is mostly R46 and the (E) riders would love to see new equipment on the line. I think the E is overdue for new equipment as a major line (along with the (A)), and it makes way more sense to start them on the (E) in the Queens corridor as the E is the most crowded line. And then, put them on the (F). The (G) and (V) can stay with the 46s, the (R) will go with the R160s as well, and the Broadway line will be 68s and 160s for awhile until the 68s go somewhere else.

Now for my actual reply:

At this point NO ONE KNOWS wheree the 360 Alstom Option I cars are going to. Even if they did go to Coeny Island Yard, it would go to Ave. X Yard which has the capacity for only about 5-7 trains. So the (F) would be mostly R46 anyway.

Well, heres the thing with Ave X. As we all know, oh wait, no, not all.....but anyways, its just a storage yard. Now, every train that runs on the (F) is Jamaica assigned. Now, when you see an R160 on the (F), them Jamaica was probably just assigned R160s......

Now, UNLESS, as we all SHOULD know, the MTA can change things in a hot second. They COULD, have a part of the (F) line assigned to the overload of what is Coney Island Yard, and thats where R160s would come from on the (F).

Archived