LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

18 minutes ago, TPS said:

Wow that is awesome. I take my S&D at the end of the month. I’m just concerned about the credit check. 

Just worry about your S&D test for now. I imagine if your credit score is about average then there’s nothing to worry about. Probably the similar standards compared to a bank teller job since you’re dealing with cash.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, NH90 said:

Just worry about your S&D test for now. I imagine if your credit score is about average then there’s nothing to worry about. Probably the similar standards compared to a bank teller job since you’re dealing with cash.

Thank you! Yes I’ve been studying like crazy. My score is average but have negative items. Hopefully I even get to that point. 

On 4/5/2023 at 10:44 PM, Diamond1 said:

I’ve applied to a few positions on the website. I’ve noticed about nine passed prescreening then passed under screening results. Any information on what may happen next? Any information is helpful 

I got emailed when my application just said “applied” it might mean something, it might not. Just make sure when you’re applying that your resume and cover letter basically match the needs of each position (cash handling, customer service etc.) and make sure you show your great writing skills throughout your resume and cover letter.

On 3/31/2023 at 4:04 PM, Brivera0529 said:

wow thats funny. The Metro north assistant conductor class is also april 29

I got a half green light I guess they sent me an offer letter but it reads that it’s pending background and medical so I will just continue to patiently wait and study as hard as I can until I know for sure sure. 

On 3/31/2023 at 3:30 PM, MDG171 said:

Has anyone gotten the official green light for the April 19th class yet? Hoping to give my current job a full two week's notice, but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

I got a half green light I received a email to go to medical the following day and then a offer letter followed indicating the 19th but mentioned it was pending medical an background so I will continue to wait and study patiently. This has been such a anxious process because I want it so bad but hopefully I’m almost at the finish line.

1 hour ago, Toyz2023 said:

I got a half green light I received a email to go to medical the following day and then a offer letter followed indicating the 19th but mentioned it was pending medical an background so I will continue to wait and study patiently. This has been such a anxious process because I want it so bad but hopefully I’m almost at the finish line.

Ahh I see, well fingers crossed they'll get the process cleared for you soon!! I got a phone call telling me that I passed background and medical and that I'm confirmed for the April 19th class. She told me I'd get a formal offer letter this week, but I haven't gotten it yet so far. I'm learning that they aren't exactly the fastest with the paperwork, but the best thing you can do is keep studying and submit everything they ask for asap. Hopefully I'll see you in class next week!

On 4/13/2023 at 1:03 AM, MDG171 said:

Ahh I see, well fingers crossed they'll get the process cleared for you soon!! I got a phone call telling me that I passed background and medical and that I'm confirmed for the April 19th class. She told me I'd get a formal offer letter this week, but I haven't gotten it yet so far. I'm learning that they aren't exactly the fastest with the paperwork, but the best thing you can do is keep studying and submit everything they ask for asap. Hopefully I'll see you in class next week!

Yes fingers crossed this has definitely been a process to remember an yes still studying I want to be prepared and not overwhelmed by the new information it’s sooo much to remember but I’m taking it little by little.making sure to put in at least 6 hours a day because I heard that once class starts it’s so much more put on top of what we already have. Excited and nervous at the same time 

8 hours ago, Toyz2023 said:

Yes fingers crossed this has definitely been a process to remember an yes still studying I want to be prepared and not overwhelmed by the new information it’s sooo much to remember but I’m taking it little by little.making sure to put in at least 6 hours a day because I heard that once class starts it’s so much more put on top of what we already have. Excited and nervous at the same time 

On 3/31/2023 at 4:04 PM, Brivera0529 said:

wow thats funny. The Metro north assistant conductor class is also april 29

I have a full green light now officially starting April 19 I’m so excited an nervous funny they did ask if I would prefer to wait for the June class my excitement had me like nope next class please but hope that was wise because I’m still tryna absorb the new material an maintain the first book we got and I know on day 15 we will have another exam but for me it’s now or never so imma just keep on studying. Anyone else get a green light for April 19th ???

8 hours ago, Toyz2023 said:

I have a full green light now officially starting April 19 I’m so excited an nervous funny they did ask if I would prefer to wait for the June class my excitement had me like nope next class please but hope that was wise because I’m still tryna absorb the new material an maintain the first book we got and I know on day 15 we will have another exam but for me it’s now or never so imma just keep on studying. Anyone else get a green light for April 19th ???

Yes I did! Here we gooo!

15 hours ago, Toyz2023 said:

I got mine too, see ya on Wednesday!

1 hour ago, MDG171 said:

The offer letter said we'd be getting a separate email with some new hire forms to fill out from the Business Service Center, did you guys get that email yet? I haven't seen it.

I've officially gotten the green light as well for 4/19. I'm still waiting on that email too from the MTA Business service center.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, my pre assessment and interview was held on 3/16 in Babylon for the LIRR Assistant Conductor position. I passed my assessments and got through my interview. Did anyone from that event hear back for the S&D overview? Still waiting to hear back from them

7 hours ago, TPS said:

Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me if there’s a link they give you to track your background check? I submitted mine yesterday but haven’t received anything to track it.

There's no link, the company will email you if/when they need anything from you. If you want to be ahead of the curve, I recommend pulling together any pay stubs you can from your previous jobs. They'll want one each from your first and last year at each job that they can't otherwise verify. W-2's should work as well.

5 minutes ago, MDG171 said:

There's no link, the company will email you if/when they need anything from you. If you want to be ahead of the curve, I recommend pulling together any pay stubs you can from your previous jobs. They'll want one each from your first and last year at each job that they can't otherwise verify. W-2's should work as well.

Ok good. I don’t have my pay stubs but I do have my W-2s and I went to social security just to get my history just in case. Thank you so much.