LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/6/2021 at 9:24 PM, Altezza said:

Went well, passed the exams (vocabulary,cognitive, and math) just like previous users mentioned earlier in this thread….

just waiting on an email for next steps..which I believe is getting study material for signals and definitions. That’s the real hard part.  

it was a big class prob about 60-70 ppl…I’d estimate about half passed. Wish everyone could’ve made it but I think the cognitive exam was a little tricky..I just skipped anything I didn’t know and moved on to answer questions I could because of the time limit.

If you do get called sometime in the future just brush up on multiplication and everything else is random can’t tell you what to study for really… 

I received an email about a Recruitment Event for tomorrow and there were forms to complete.  So is this for an aptitude test?  Have you already interviewed?

On 4/1/2022 at 10:29 PM, 2ride said:

Anybody who just recently applied to the 2022 opening heard back yet? I know back in 2016 or 2017, there were a few people who got invites right away (like the first or second day), which was kind of ridiculous. 

I have not heard back yet. I also applied for the same position back in 2021. Wow that fast? Thats crazy for a Railroad.

On 4/3/2022 at 11:14 AM, MCB said:

I received an email about a Recruitment Event for tomorrow and there were forms to complete.  So is this for an aptitude test?  Have you already interviewed?

It was a long day, I passed the exams. Had a full class but after the vocabulary and cognitive test about 40% were disqualified.  Have to wait for the email for next steps.

• 2 weeks later...

So we got our S&D booklet.   So Im not sure if this may work for you, but I created a powerpoint for each definition and signal, this way the answer comes up when you click.  Maybe you can try it.

Also, I can study on my phone while travelling as well. Good luck and happy studying!! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 11:31 PM, SaintLaurentDon said:

Im scheduled to take the signal and definition test the 23rd of june ,5 definition ands 12 signals how many can you get wrong? what's passing score someone on reddit said it was 75 im just curious.

its 25 signals and 25 definitions, you need 100% on the signal names to make the test count, then an 80% overall with the definitions and the indications of the signals. 

On 6/22/2022 at 3:48 PM, BEC44 said:

its 25 signals and 25 definitions, you need 100% on the signal names to make the test count, then an 80% overall with the definitions and the indications of the signals. 

I passed it was 5 definitions and 9 signals and you needed a 75 to pass just waiting for them to do background check n start me for training 

• 1 month later...

I've been hearing through the grapevine that the RR is having issues getting people to pass the S&D exams.  They're going through thousands of people just to get 24 for a class.  Here is your friendly reminder to everyone that either is or will eventually be in the process:  

STUDY!!

It's worth it, trust me.  See u on the rails.  

Edited by bp98

12 minutes ago, bp98 said:

I've been hearing through the grapevine that the RR is having issues getting people to pass the S&D exams.  They're going through thousands of people just to get 24 for a class.  Here is your friendly reminder to everyone that either is or will eventually be in the process:  

STUDY!!

It's worth it, trust me.  See u on the rails.  

I just had my conductor exam for MNR. Lots of information we needed to know. Wasn’t easy test either. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2022 at 3:11 PM, 2ride said:

Did you take the exam last Friday? Also, we’re in october right now, not august .

Apologies. Yes October 29 for the S & D overview. I went to the initial invite on October 11. This included the vocabulary, cognitive and math tests, along with the interview.

32 minutes ago, NYCTee718 said:

Apologies. Yes October 29 for the S & D overview. I went to the initial invite on October 11. This included the vocabulary, cognitive and math tests, along with the interview.

I had mine on Oct 14. I didn’t get an email yet. That’s just weird.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone! I've been lurking for a while, but I finally got an invite to the open house for A/C on Jan. 23rd. I'm really excited to get the process started! This might seem like a silly question, but this is an entirely new industry for me and I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row. What is the dress code for the open house? I'm assuming that it's a given that jeans and sneakers are out, but what level of formality is expected? Suit and tie, khakis and polo, something in-between? Any insight you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!