LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/29/2023 at 12:58 PM, Kenny said:

We started 8:30 AM and was let go around noon. The overview had a more detailed explanation on what the actual hiring process will be, including work benefits and work schedules. But most importantly the review of the S&D test, which is the most important part and what you will focus on the next 5 weeks after. 

Got it. Thanks for the knowledge. Do you remember if they do like an in-depth review or did they just hand you the material and sent you on your way?

2 hours ago, brooklyn132280 said:

Got it. Thanks for the knowledge. Do you remember if they do like an in-depth review or did they just hand you the material and sent you on your way?

They go through the material, showing you the different signal aspects and the definitions, and they will discuss some different methods for trying to memorize it all. There isn't really much they can "teach", though -- you just have to learn it all word-for-word verbatim; understanding it isn't necessary at this point. 

9 hours ago, MDG171 said:

Just left the S&D Overview. The instructor said they have classes picking up in April, June, and August for those curious. I'm off to study, see y'all in 5 weeks!

How was the experience at the overview? What time did it start and end?

On 2/4/2023 at 9:51 PM, Swazee said:

How was the experience at the overview? What time did it start and end?

Well, the overview started pretty much at 8:00am on the dot, so you'll wanna get there early. A couple people trickled in late, but I don't think you wanna be that person. One of the instructors for the A/C program spent some time talking about the job, the benefits, what the day to day experience is like. He took a bunch of questions and was pretty straightforward with his answers, though they didn't have answers for stuff that's specifically HR related. After that he explained the format of the S&D exam. You'll hear the words "verbatim" and the phrase "99% right is 100% wrong" a lot. Then they handed out the study materials and we went over every page. He gave us some study tips throughout and really drove home how you're gonna need to dedicate a lot of time to it during the five weeks if you want to pass. By around 11:45 we were finished and released for the day.

On 2/4/2023 at 10:25 PM, NH90 said:

Thanks for the info! Good luck! We got this!

Thanks bud, you too!!

7 hours ago, TeeMac said:

Hi. I recently went to the Assistant Conductor Trainee recruitment for LIRR on January 26, 2023. I completed and passed all the tests & was interviewed. Was anyone there that day who passed and/or got any word back to come in for the S & D packet? 

I was at the Jan 23rd open house and received the invite for the Feb 11th S&D overview. 

1 hour ago, Thenewleo said:

Does anyone has a phone number for HR?? Took the S&D test back in June and passed. Still waiting for a call or email for the physical and background.

MTA Business Service Center (646) 376-0123 or if you still have your recruiters email you can always send them a follow up email. That’s probably the best option.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 9:55 PM, NH90 said:

Excited to say I passed the S&D test yesterday. Thank you to everyone that has shared their study tips throughout the years 🤙🏼

Hi congratulations! Did you get called back for background check and medical? If so how long did it take?

20 minutes ago, NH90 said:

Hi! Yes, received background a few days after test and scheduled for medical next week.

Wow that is awesome. I take my S&D at the end of the month. I’m just concerned about the credit check.