LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

Just now, 30Bruins said:

Ah great, thank you!

If you're going for locomotive engineer, it's a bit different because I think they show you all 133 (134?) signals and you just write the names out for all of them. They ask for indications on only 25 of them I think and then the standard 20 or 25 definitions as well. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

If you're going for locomotive engineer, it's a bit different because I think they show you all 133 (134?) signals and you just write the names out for all of them. They ask for indications on only 25 of them I think and then the standard 20 or 25 definitions as well. 

Wait so for conductors not all 133 signals are on it? Also what do you mean by indications?

2 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

Is it a set 25 indications or just random?

11 hours ago, 30Bruins said:

For people that have sat for the S&D test, how do they ask about the signals? Do they give the aspect and ask you to write the definition? Or do they give the name? Or a combination? Thanks a lot.

11 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

They show you a picture of the signal and you write out the name and indication. Names have to be 100% and indications have to be 80%. Then the next section is just the term and blank space to write out the definition of it.

6 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

random. Just like the definitions, 25 out of the sixty something.

I just want to add it’s 80% between both the indications and definitions as a whole.

ie

You need 100% of aspects names 25/25, but if you get 6/25 indications wrong and 4/25 definitions wrong your total is 10/50 so you’re still within the 80% margin. 

Also random really does mean random you can get aspects from the same page more than once.

On 1/28/2024 at 11:39 PM, Rockymtnjack said:

Check out the Redwings Kingtoe series of work boots. Super comfortable and long lasting.

Ok, I just got the email about the boot standards how do I know if something is ASTM F2413-18 certified? most places online aren't showing it in the descriptions and I have no clue how to even check my boots if they're certified.

13 hours ago, IAlam said:

Ok, I just got the email about the boot standards how do I know if something is ASTM F2413-18 certified? most places online aren't showing it in the descriptions and I have no clue how to even check my boots if they're certified.

Ok, so I checked the Redwings website they do list it there, but are there any other brands I can look at too?

On 2/14/2024 at 8:35 PM, IAlam said:

I just want to add it’s 80% between both the indications and definitions as a whole.

ie

You need 100% of aspects names 25/25, but if you get 6/25 indications wrong and 4/25 definitions wrong your total is 10/50 so you’re still within the 80% margin. 

Also random really does mean random you can get aspects from the same page more than once.

Oh so they only have you write 25 aspect names? I heard it was all 134? Thanks anyway for the additional info :)

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 4:22 PM, JORDAN10293 said:

Anyone else going to the signals/definitions overview the 16th?  Was supposed to go in December but couldn’t make it.  Just got invite/email yesterday for the one this month with an April 20th test date. 

Can you do me a really kind favor? I need to get invited to the next open house for conductor so I can complete the math and end interview sessions now for that job. If you can find out when the next open house, I’d appreciate the help so much!!!

thank you!!!

Edited by 2ride