Late night (R) train service extended

Aren't they upgrading the signaling on Dyre? Maybe that's the issue with weekend service.. Some of these points are infrastructure constraints im sure the master builders circa 1900-1915 banked on extensions and expansion from future generations. you're preaching to choir with that one.. I can't count the about of times I have to take the (C) after the issues with (2)(3)(4)(5).. City wide issue  Im not moving my car to drive into the city.. that's just me.  But I guess the people in Morris Park, Co-Op and Eastchester have the means. (Shrugs) More power to them.

There's no (4) Trains to Brooklyn on weekends that's more then likely what's effecting weekend service... 

Well, remember that people can shift to alternatives......or they can just avoid the trip altogether. If you have a car in the driveway, and you have the choice of choosing a job in The Bronx or Westchester vs. one in Manhattan, the crappy subway service might be the deciding factor. If it's a leisure trip, they can avoid making it at all.

Also remember that they can choose more reliable alternatives such as the (6) or express buses. (Whether they walk, take the local bus, or drive to reach those alternatives). 

Well, remember that people can shift to alternatives......or they can just avoid the trip altogether. If you have a car in the driveway, and you have the choice of choosing a job in The Bronx or Westchester vs. one in Manhattan, the crappy subway service might be the deciding factor. If it's a leisure trip, they can avoid making it at all.

Also remember that they can choose more reliable alternatives such as the (6) or express buses. (Whether they walk, take the local bus, or drive to reach those alternatives). 

Points taken.. I can see those scenarios. And I'll drive into the city on weekends for quick pick up a drop off. My experience with parking on weekdays and driving in much as I hate the subway it's always wins in my book.but that's just me I could be wrong. Didn't think the (5) was that bad on that end.. not worst then  Eastern Parkway. 

Archived