ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Didn’t you just go thru training and leave?  And hopefully june

Yes sir, I want to put my name back on the list hoping that I’ll have a better seniority in the next class, which would allow me to be one of the first to pick divisions. (Aware of full classes being drafted)

2 minutes ago, iag48st said:

Yes sir, I want to put my name back on the list hoping that I’ll have a better seniority in the next class, which would allow me to be one of the first to pick divisions. (Aware of full classes being drafted)

Don’t think they’re gonna let you do that 

15 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Don’t think they’re gonna let you do that 

I was told I can resign three times and return to previous title. After the third time resigning you’re permanently removed from the list. I have to go to HR tomorrow and get exact details. 

2 minutes ago, iag48st said:

I was told I can resign three times and return to previous title. After the third time resigning you’re permanently removed from the list. I have to go to HR tomorrow and get exact details. 

Don’t think you can just keep jumping into classes .  Means you’re repeatedly taking spots from us that would take either division….pretty crappy 

2 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Don’t think you can just keep jumping into classes .  Means you’re repeatedly taking spots from us that would take either division….pretty crappy 

I did find it a little odd they mentioned that you can resign three times from a title. I probably misunderstood her but I’ll get the details tomorrow 

3 minutes ago, iag48st said:

I did find it a little odd they mentioned that you can resign three times from a title. I probably misunderstood her but I’ll get the details tomorrow 

You resigned , you have pretty much taken a spot from us that want the job no matter what …….if you do that three times that’s really insensitive and selfish. Either you want the job or you don’t .  Don’t take that as rude just speaking facts

1 minute ago, STtoMTA said:

You resigned , you have pretty much taken a spot from us that want the job no matter what …….if you do that three times that’s really insensitive and selfish. Either you want the job or you don’t .  Don’t take that as rude just speaking facts

Facts, been waiting along time, and this list is about to expire soon in September, not even sure if I can make it thru.

No way I’m doing this more than once. It’s a long annoying process. You HAVE to do everything over from ZERO and you’re not guaranteed to be called back because there may be no more classes…it’s a gamble. 

3 minutes ago, iag48st said:

No way I’m doing this more than once. It’s a long annoying process. You HAVE to do everything over from ZERO and you’re not guaranteed to be called back because there may be no more classes…it’s a gamble. 

Once too many but good luck 

22 minutes ago, iag48st said:

You can reinstate your name up to 3 times as long as the list is active. I know people who quit midway through schoolcar and were given the same option. Civil service law.

Edited by beanz

5 minutes ago, iag48st said:

even if u pick the division you want......you might be thrown into the opposite division (as some of my classmates in sister classes has went through).  you would finish your division class and then get drafted for the other.  anyways this job is very tough and hard.  very very stressful. if you have a job already.....and you don't "hate" your current so much and you're just going through the motions.......just stick with that.....just my opinion

1 minute ago, beanz said:

You can reinstate your name up to 3 times as long as the list is active. I know people who quit midway through schoolcar and were given the same option. Civil service law.

And you just get into the next class after already afforded the opportunity

Just now, STtoMTA said:

I don't think its that easy, she warned me it's not guaranteed. Huge gamble....hence why Im only doing this once and that's it...If I get B again, I'll have to remain.

1 minute ago, iag48st said:

I don't think its that easy, she warned me it's not guaranteed. Huge gamble....hence why Im only doing this once and that's it...If I get B again, I'll have to remain.

But still quit and left no room for someone else willing to take a spot

He paid for the test and has certain rights afforded to him by civil service law. I agree that it isn't fair to people waiting but this isn't a team sport. He(or she) have to do what's best for them within the limits of what they are allowed to do. 

When u come down here there may be a personal situation that causes u to have to resign the job, God forbid, but you'll be grateful for the right to be able to come back up to twice more if necessary.

4 minutes ago, beanz said:

He paid for the test and has certain rights afforded to him by civil service law. I agree that it isn't fair to people waiting but this isn't a team sport. He(or she) have to do what's best for them within the limits of what they are allowed to do. 

When u come down here there may be a personal situation that causes u to have to resign the job, God forbid, but you'll be grateful for the right to be able to come back up to twice more if necessary.

Dude , everyone has plms, if I would to put this job off cause of  plms, issues, or what ever, I be putting off this job for ever, if You want the job, you do what ever it takes to get the job. Plane and simple , either you want it or not. 

6 minutes ago, Newyork4 said:

Dude , everyone has plms, if I would to put this job off cause of  plms, issues, or what ever, I be putting off this job for ever, if You want the job, you do what ever it takes to get the job. Plane and simple , either you want it or not. 

You aren't wrong...I'm not saying it isn't unfair either...I'm just saying that it's what's allowed and i can't knock em for taking advantage of the system the way it's set up. 

Edited by beanz

1 hour ago, iag48st said:

Be aware that there are people that recently finished school car in the A division and were sent back to training to the B division, because they need more people in the B, Even if you live in the Bronx and they give you the B it will be hard during school car but when you start actually working I hear the crew office try to send you close to where you live as much as they can. There is a guy in my class who wanted A division cuz he lives in the Northern Bronx but got sent to the B, now we are YX and he's been sent to the Bronx all the time or 207 Street in Manhattan. So it's not bad at all for him. Once you pick a job one day, you can pick Bedford Park or 207 street or anywhere in uptown Manhattan. 

14 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

Be aware that there are people that recently finished school car in the A division and were sent back to training to the B division, because they need more people in the B, Even if you live in the Bronx and they give you the B it will be hard during school car but when you start actually working I hear the crew office try to send you close to where you live as much as they can. There is a guy in my class who wanted A division cuz he lives in the Northern Bronx but got sent to the B, now we are YX and he's been sent to the Bronx all the time or 207 Street in Manhattan. So it's not bad at all for him. Once you pick a job one day, you can pick Bedford Park or 207 street or anywhere in uptown Manhattan. 

That’s what I’ve been told by friends who went to the B. I figured I’ll try again to get into A, if not then the B division awaits me.