ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

9 hours ago, JDS1057 said:

Lol yea, I’m a special case lol. Initially got in as conductor last summer, finished that school car, then got called for TO couple months later, finished that schoolcar, a month in my old job called me back with a sign on bonus for a couple months. Someone at transit told me it’s better to resign at that moment than try to get away with doing both jobs, cuz I could have gotten in trouble and terminated for it. I resigned the proper way and So to get put back on the list if you don’t mind re-doing schoolcar, which I don’t mind at all, after I was done at my old job collecting that extra bonus was worth it for me. So now just hoping they call me before the list expires. But I already got confirmation my list number was reinstated and plus I reached out to Olha again, So just the waiting game again lol 

oh wow! They are really making you redo the whole schoolcar although you just graduated a few months ago?? Maybe they just make you take a refresher course? 

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, JDS1057 said:

Lol yea, I’m a special case lol. Initially got in as conductor last summer, finished that school car, then got called for TO couple months later, finished that schoolcar, a month in my old job called me back with a sign on bonus for a couple months. Someone at transit told me it’s better to resign at that moment than try to get away with doing both jobs, cuz I could have gotten in trouble and terminated for it. I resigned the proper way and So to get put back on the list if you don’t mind re-doing schoolcar, which I don’t mind at all, after I was done at my old job collecting that extra bonus was worth it for me. So now just hoping they call me before the list expires. But I already got confirmation my list number was reinstated and plus I reached out to Olha again, So just the waiting game again lol 

what number do you call to get name re-enlisted

Do anyone think the list will close in September ? Or they will keep it open until at least early mid next year ? Just curious. Idk how many more TOS they need but it seems like they need a lot due to the retirements and people not sticking with it 

4 minutes ago, TCart said:

Do anyone think the list will close in September ? Or they will keep it open until at least early mid next year ? Just curious. Idk how many more TOS they need but it seems like they need a lot due to the retirements and people not sticking with it 

Possibly stay open because they need people especially in the B division can't speak for the A division. But they always missing crews and I haven't seen a test for train operators only conductors currently...

@Schecter wow compared to the other exams sanitation firefighter etc this list stayed open for a very long time. I didn’t think they would even make it to me. I took this test 5 years ago and got an email in May for my 1st P/E. I was shocked. They might reach the 6-7000’s honestly speaking. 

1 minute ago, TCart said:

@Schecter wow compared to the other exams sanitation firefighter etc this list stayed open for a very long time. I didn’t think they would even make it to me. I took this test 5 years ago and got an email in May for my 1st P/E. I was shocked. They might reach the 6-7000’s honestly speaking. 

How high is your list number currently I was in the low 1000s and been out since last year October. 

@Schecter im thinking September as well. August will be great but I think I would’ve received a medical email by now being that classes start August 15th. Either way I’m ready to start this new journey. Staying healthy remaining in shape and ready for the long hours. I work 50-70 weekly now. Sometimes I do 7 days voluntarily so I’m mentally prepared for it. 

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

Possibly stay open because they need people especially in the B division can't speak for the A division. But they always missing crews and I haven't seen a test for train operators only conductors currently...

Some are still in class now and some are doing the YX Yard Posting...

13 hours ago, trackerjack said:

i would have just kept working ur old job or something new.  a lot of folks who loves XX are masochists

😂 lmao na I really enjoyed being a TO, despite what some might say. I’m all about something diff everyday so I actually enjoyed XX too. I only went back for the bonus and my job knew I’d leave again but was helping them out until I officially need to leave again just couldn’t pass up that dough you know. Lol 

8 hours ago, TCart said:

@Schecter im thinking September as well. August will be great but I think I would’ve received a medical email by now being that classes start August 15th. Either way I’m ready to start this new journey. Staying healthy remaining in shape and ready for the long hours. I work 50-70 weekly now. Sometimes I do 7 days voluntarily so I’m mentally prepared for it. 

I received my medical email for the November 15 class last year on November 11 so it's possible you get in the August 15th class.