ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/5/2022 at 1:42 PM, Amonroe90 said:

I sent an email to NYCT EMPLOYMENT CENTER. So far the last number they appointed so far is 4258, and so far they canvassed up to 4887. The list is scheduled to expire next year September, giving a date of 9/19/2023, incase this information puts some people at ease for the moment. My list number is in the 51XX. So continue to have faith guys. There’s still a chance. 

Thanks for this.  I thought it was expiring next month sept 2022. I'm at the final processing phase but have covid so I doubt I'll complete final processing before the 5th

On 8/21/2022 at 8:03 PM, TO22 said:

Is it really that bad????

I think it's pretty good. Most days are smooth and most of the people down here are nice. There are bad days but far in between.  As far as luck of sleep, these people must have chosen ams cuz pms I can pretty much sleep as much as I want every night. Never been so rested lol

19 hours ago, trackerjack said:

i was gonna type that I just came back a few hours ago from a brutal 4 Hours on board then i got a full job where the road made me clear very late.  so.......yea FML.  my life is shot.  
i was gonna type my response and BRYTstar said it the best. words outta my mouth
you will meet TONS of folks who LIVE on the railroad.  they say they are doing it for their family/kids etc.......but seriously?  you never see them.  they work RDOs and do Extra trips 2-3x a WEEK!!......so they only get to see their fam once a week.  that's........not.......life.   this is my opinion.  not to mention you hear tons of TOs who retired and then drop dead.  it's just sad.  

u need to ask yourself the question:  are you working to LIVE.  or do you LIVE to just WORK.
we come from the new generation.  tons of Baby boomers and Gen X are in that live to work mentality......it's just a different time period. i can't blame them.  that was just the norm in that time period.   
you must be a masochist who loves pain and u must torture yourself to prove your worth.....hard work ONLY!  if you complain you're WEAK, if you want a day off, you are weak!

but us new GEN......we see it differently.  again both sides aren't wrong!! it's just TRANSIT hasn't been keeping up with the times. 
and THAT is the problem.  so yes - a lot of TOs and a LOT of conductors have quit........so good for them.  they will probably most likely find a better suited lifestyle.  trust me.  XX is rough.  XL is even rougher (unless u love $$$ and ur a masochist).  this job aint for everyone.   you WILL KNOW!  just listen to your gut.

but if you're about to start school......u got nothing to lose!  just give it a try!!   it's all uphill for ya'll now
when you graduate....u'll have to manuever the dreaded Screw Office and Politics with TSS and dispatchers and everything in btwn etc.......but those days will come and it seems that's a long term learning process for years to come for all of us.   NEWBIES RULE!

Why do you think XL is rougher than XX? It seems much better to me. Not too much commuting. Never on board. Fixed tours and rdo and you always work the same 4 lines. 

14 hours ago, Alucard said:

This is data you can readily retrieve. Using this link https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Certification/a9md-ynri

Click View Data, let it load, on the right side you will see a search bar that says "Find In This Data Set", there enter the exam you are looking for with a 0 in front of it, ex 7604 would be 07604, at that point it will filter the data to that exam [it's not always super accurate, so I would then suggest using the Filter tab, add a filter condition of again the Exam Number. You will notice the returned data sets will have a column labeled "Request Date" now the next thing to do is to click Export & export the data to CSV/Excel & open it up in Excel, there you can filter & sort by the dates to see exactly how often they certify/request out of DCAS for any exam. Hope that helps a bit, if you don't have excel, likely it could open in some other programs like OpenDocs or any online spreadsheet program.

So I was looking at the certifications dates compared to certifications expire dates and they are only about 1-2 months apart. I don’t think a list gets certified that often from what they told me at transit and DCAS but here’s to hoping it does lol

13 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

Why do you think XL is rougher than XX? It seems much better to me. Not too much commuting. Never on board. Fixed tours and rdo and you always work the same 4 lines. 

Both of these can be rough depending on where you’re at on the seniority list. You aren’t on board when you’re XL unless it’s really no job or you get a job that someone resumes from being sick. That’s happened to me plenty of times. That working the same lines don’t mean much lol the lines can start anywhere especially in the South!

1 hour ago, Imhim said:

Both of these can be rough depending on where you’re at on the seniority list. You aren’t on board when you’re XL unless it’s really no job or you get a job that someone resumes from being sick. That’s happened to me plenty of times. That working the same lines don’t mean much lol the lines can start anywhere especially in the South!

True. Although I'm XL south and they send me mostly to stillwell. Once in a while I go to Ditmers or 96 SA. A couple of times to Concourse.  Overall it has been much better than XX

On 8/23/2022 at 5:51 PM, FilippoSironi said:

True. Although I'm XL south and they send me mostly to stillwell. Once in a while I go to Ditmers or 96 SA. A couple of times to Concourse.  Overall it has been much better than XX

How long were you XX for? Did you request XL south or they just gave it to you?

Good morning everyone. I have a question that has probably been asked many times before. Please bare with me as I am new and really tried searching for the answers before posting this. I have very little time and not sure what my options are or if there are any to begin with.

MTA New York City Transit is considering you for a position as a Train Operator Exam 7604, List # 52xx and invites you to our facility at MTA 180 Livingston Street (between Smith and Hoyt Streets), 5th floor on 9/7/2022 at 6:30:00 AM to start the pre-employment process.

I got this last night, it's been at least 6 years since I started this process. I don't think I'll pass the screening with the amount of time provided. It was my wife's birthday the night before I received this and, well, yeah along with that I smoke occasionally on the weekends and did the weekend before as well...

Is there a way to reschedule this, even for a week or two, it's very last minute. 

Iv seen it mentioned before about delaying this process, but nothing in the email or forums show who to contact or where to go to reschedule. I understand that if it is possible that it may push me way back on the list. 

I don't want to give up on this opertunity, but more importantly burn any bridges with the mta overall.

Thank you for any advice on this.

2 hours ago, Soilwork said:

Good morning everyone. I have a question that has probably been asked many times before. Please bare with me as I am new and really tried searching for the answers before posting this. I have very little time and not sure what my options are or if there are any to begin with.

MTA New York City Transit is considering you for a position as a Train Operator Exam 7604, List # 52xx and invites you to our facility at MTA 180 Livingston Street (between Smith and Hoyt Streets), 5th floor on 9/7/2022 at 6:30:00 AM to start the pre-employment process.

I got this last night, it's been at least 6 years since I started this process. I don't think I'll pass the screening with the amount of time provided. It was my wife's birthday the night before I received this and, well, yeah along with that I smoke occasionally on the weekends and did the weekend before as well...

Is there a way to reschedule this, even for a week or two, it's very last minute. 

Iv seen it mentioned before about delaying this process, but nothing in the email or forums show who to contact or where to go to reschedule. I understand that if it is possible that it may push me way back on the list. 

I don't want to give up on this opertunity, but more importantly burn any bridges with the mta overall.

I got my call, and the email as well, and as much as I’ve been waiting for 6 years to finally hear something, I’d try and make that appointment as if it’s a matter of life or death. If you’re really serious about it, make that appointment !

Just now, Amonroe90 said:

I got my call, and the email as well, and as much as I’ve been waiting for 6 years to finally hear something, I’d try and make that appointment as if it’s a matter of life or death. If you’re really serious about it, make that appointment ! BUT if you been smoking, I’d consider or find a way to detox as quick as you can, but if you received the call, all of that stops right now !

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah stopping isn't the problem, just a lot of misleading information regarding the detox process. Is 13 days really enough time. I mean if it's a matter of fasting, shedding some fat and constantly hydrating leading up to the test I'll still try it. It's just I see things about the test that implies that it's been refined to a point where being too hydrated or having an off balanced ph level can have the same reaction from the mta as intentionally diluting your sample. 

2 hours ago, Soilwork said:

Stop smoking now and defer until a later date, once you get drug tested and test positive for whatever you were smoking you won't be getting a call back and they won't consider you. My advice also stop posting your all 4 numbers of your list number, supervisors, TSS, and others watch this forum and stating that you smoked and with your list number they could determine your real name and other stuff. Be careful posting information that could incriminate you. Anyways I would defer until a later date until you test negative for smoking. Best of luck!

30 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Stop smoking now and defer until a later date, once you get drug tested and test positive for whatever you were smoking you won't be getting a call back and they won't consider you. My advice also stop posting your all 4 numbers of your list number, supervisors, TSS, and others watch this forum and stating that you smoked and with your list number they could determine your real name and other stuff. Be careful posting information that could incriminate you. Anyways I would defer until a later date until you test negative for smoking. Best of luck!

How do I defer though? I only get this one number provided for the facility, but no one answers?

Also how do I edit or delete posts here or am I just boned either way at this point?

Well, just got a automated call stating to call back a 347 number for my urine results. 

I wasn't able to write down the number fast enough and it just ended the call. 

I called back the 347 number that called me and it went to veronica jackson voicemail.

does this mean they there was an issue? does anyone know the 347 number to call?

not feeling good about this

3 hours ago, Soilwork said:

rather have fun with ur wife Bday.....u won't be able to do that again. this job will always be here for u
if not....then it's not meant to be.  trust me it's brutal

Hey brutal is ok. I'm sure if it were up to her she'd rather I get the job, plus it's not something I'm too into for it to be an issue for me in the future. The timing just sucks. That being said in reference to a previous reply if any moderator is viewing this, could my previous posts with my details be removed. I'm going to follow through with this and hope for the best. Thanks again for everyone who provided advice.

11 minutes ago, Soilwork said:

Hey brutal is ok. I'm sure if it were up to her she'd rather I get the job, plus it's not something I'm too into for it to be an issue for me in the future. The timing just sucks. That being said in reference to a previous reply if any moderator is viewing this, could my previous posts with my details be removed. I'm going to follow through with this and hope for the best. Thanks again for everyone who provided advice.

u can't delete but u can edit