ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, TCart said:

Quick question filling out paper work for medical right now and want to know does this job require a license. So I fill that part out or do I leave it blank ? I’m sure the license is needed but I need to know so I leave it blank or not. Thank you 

yes it require you to have a driver licence. 

Damn, reading these posts from the soon to be T/O's takes me back to the excitement and anticipation of starting the job. I'm still in School Car on my 3rd week of Road Posting and it feels like I'm a totally different person. To all my incoming classmates, be prepared to experience a combination of boot camp and school! That's exactly how it's going to feel like but you'll enjoy it with your fellow induction classmates. I'm nearing the end of School Car and will be on my own in a few weeks. I'm getting a taste of the real thing and it's an entirely different beast, late clears almost every day, no lunches, extra trips right when I'm about to sign out, praying that a signal on time clears at less than half the posted speed 🙏, 10 mph through a river tube because of flagging on that extra trip 😑.... Not ranting I just love what I do ,have fun in School Car, I love being on the road but I miss that class experience already. Congratulations to everyone starting soon and good luck. Filling out an exception sheet for a late clear as I type this lol. ✌️

Edited by rondread445

On 9/19/2022 at 1:52 PM, Kashmulla said:

I just got the same email I think just print everything don’t give them a reason to turn you around for another day 

Question. What was your initial date/When did you take your Urine test? My 1st day was 8/24/22. I’m trying to gadge my medical. Thanks!

2 hours ago, rondread445 said:

Damn, reading these posts from the soon to be T/O's takes me back to the excitement and anticipation of starting the job. I'm still in School Car on my 3rd week of Road Posting and it feels like I'm a totally different person. To all my incoming classmates, be prepared to experience a combination of boot camp and school! That's exactly how it's going to feel like but you'll enjoy it with your fellow induction classmates. I'm nearing the end of School Car and will be on my own in a few weeks. I'm getting a taste of the real thing and it's an entirely different beast, late clears almost every day, no lunches, extra trips right when I'm about to sign out, praying that a signal on time clears at less than half the posted speed 🙏, 10 mph through a river tube because of flagging on that extra trip 😑.... Not ranting I just love what I do ,have fun in School Car, I love being on the road but I miss that class experience already. Congratulations to everyone starting soon and good luck. Filling out an exception sheet for a late clear as I type this lol. ✌️

Nice, thanks for sharing. Are you working over 40 hours? Is there any talk about overtime… Also, what division are you in. 

2 hours ago, NewOP718 said:

Question. What was your initial date/When did you take your Urine test? My 1st day was 8/24/22. I’m trying to gadge my medical. Thanks!

I started around late may early June so just expect about 5 months of back and forth and if you don’t clear medical even longer 

13 hours ago, rondread445 said:

they're letting you do extra trips posting?

Quick update. List #47 .. Passed my medical today. Got sworn in and they want new hires to print the booklets out because they don’t have any physical copies. So plenty of pages to print but idk if I’m going to honestly. But anyways good luck to whoever is doing medical. Appointment was for 6:30 I left at 12. Wasn’t bad at all. 

2 hours ago, TCart said:

Quick update. List #47 .. Passed my medical today. Got sworn in and they want new hires to print the booklets out because they don’t have any physical copies. So plenty of pages to print but idk if I’m going to honestly. But anyways good luck to whoever is doing medical. Appointment was for 6:30 I left at 12. Wasn’t bad at all. 

You might have to print out that book. It's part of your uniform and it would be considered "not fit for duty",unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, TCart said:

School car will hand out the materials.

2 minutes ago, TCart said:

Another question do anyone think it’s best to invest in a laptop through schoolcar ? Or everything will be hands on and inside of a actual book ? Is it worth buying a laptop ? Or can I make it without one ? I do have an iPhone though. Just thinking 

You're suppose to be given physical copies of the rulebook et al as you're not allowed to use electronics outside your lunch break.

You should get a notebook to write things down.

Quite honestly I don't see it being smart to be printing 310 pages wasting your own ink, if anybody gives you a problem tell them what 180 Livingston told you. I myself wouldn't be printing out anything that transit should be providing I'm good. You won't get in trouble for not having your rulebook if 180 legit said to download it on your phone, case closed.

3 hours ago, TCart said:

Another question do anyone think it’s best to invest in a laptop through schoolcar ? Or everything will be hands on and inside of a actual book ? Is it worth buying a laptop ? Or can I make it without one ? I do have an iPhone though. Just thinking 

you wouldn't be allowed to use a laptop in class. I recommend having a printer though. There are a few things you gotta print out once in a while.