ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

The good thing about CBTC: There's less physical signals that you may accidentally hit. 

And that's what Transit wants. They don't want to spend money sending signal maintainers out there to fix something that's a hundred years old and they don't want to buy and replace them with new ones that will keep those maintainers busy.

Crap happens when an old signal decides to act up. Crap happens in CBTC. And last I heard there's plenty of senior T/O's on the L and 7 line.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@JPkim1130 nice . Come in prepared be ready to be up about 3-4 hours before your assigned time just to make it early. Early is on time on time is late so they say. It’s a change that you will have to make in your life. School car is the most challenging part of it so just take notes study and make sure you have all your materials they provide you with EVERYDAY don’t leave nothing home. Good luck and welcome 

1 hour ago, TCart said:

@JPkim1130 nice . Come in prepared be ready to be up about 3-4 hours before your assigned time just to make it early. Early is on time on time is late so they say. It’s a change that you will have to make in your life. School car is the most challenging part of it so just take notes study and make sure you have all your materials they provide you with EVERYDAY don’t leave nothing home. Good luck and welcome 

Congrats! I was sworn in last week.  I'm in that class as well for 10/31

3 hours ago, JPkim1130 said:

Sworn in yesterday for Oct 31st class! It took 8hrs for medical, paper work, and finger prints. Took all day. #49xx

2 hours ago, jimmyg410 said:

Congrats! I was sworn in last week.  I'm in that class as well for 10/31

no........what?
no way.....NOO!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Soilwork said:

Oh man congratulations! And good luck! 

I'm running out of hope. I'm around #521x I just recently got laid off too. No email or phone call for my medical as of yet. As for queens, I'd love to be stationed there 😭

It's extended to Sept 23 and they are still very short.

23 hours ago, Soilwork said:

Oh man congratulations! And good luck! 

I'm running out of hope. I'm around #521x I just recently got laid off too. No email or phone call for my medical as of yet. As for queens, I'd love to be stationed there 😭

they will call you eventually!! You won't be stationed in Queens tho...you'll be all over NYC. 

On 10/22/2022 at 1:26 AM, Jericho said:

The good thing about CBTC: There's less physical signals that you may accidentally hit. 

And that's what Transit wants. They don't want to spend money sending signal maintainers out there to fix something that's a hundred years old and they don't want to buy and replace them with new ones that will keep those maintainers busy.

Crap happens when an old signal decides to act up. Crap happens in CBTC. And last I heard there's plenty of senior T/O's on the L and 7 line.

None of that has nothing to do with doing ones job correctly hence my post..

Edited by RTOMan

32 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Word coming down is the October 31st class will be the last for the year. They'll hire the remaining 175 or so T/O's needed next year.

I overheard my TSS talking and they said they will be hiring throughout next year and will most likely exhaust the list with how many TOs they need now and will need coming up.

On 10/22/2022 at 10:24 AM, TCart said:

Roger that!!

5 minutes ago, JPkim1130 said:

Are we have to go Brooklyn 2125 w 13th st everyday for training or only for the first day?
I just checked it takes 2 hrs to take a train there. Its deep brooklyn (coney island).
I,m about to take car there park near by and first day of the class.

The first week you are there then it depends on which division you end up in

@JPkim1130 arrive early you can find parking near by. You will be there for the 1st week and after that you’ll be a little everywhere lol they will give you a schedule by Thursday or Friday you will know where to report ahead of time. Subject to change though I will tell you that your TSS will let you know though 

12 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Me? Nah im a road warrior i can pick switching with holidays and weekends off if i choose not yet..

I swear, that's the secret difference between the A and B divisions. Dudes with time for some reason will pick the road in the B, while everybody runs off the road ASAP for yard work in the A, or they retire and GTFO if they can't stay and pick yard work. 

On 10/22/2022 at 1:26 AM, Jericho said:

You're spot on. In effect, they have less signal heads to replace along with stop arm motors, which in theory should reduce maintenance, but we'll see how the balises for the localization or the zone controllers work after 20 years of service. The flipside is that it now places more effort on CED to keep the CBTC on board components in working condition.

I'd agree with the assessment on the 7 line. It's a senior heavy line filled with everybody in the A division that lives in Queens or Long Island but didn't flee to the B division or pick New Lots jobs. Hell, I think a few guys came back to the line once the CBTC quirks were papered over.

2 hours ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

I swear, that's the secret difference between the A and B divisions. Dudes with time for some reason will pick the road in the B, while everybody runs off the road ASAP for yard work in the A, or they retire and GTFO if they can't stay and pick yard work. 

A Div Yards are easy very simple (with the exception of Westchester yard with its loop tracks).. Cut the train go up the lead bring it back to the barn or another track.

Most B Div yards that's not the case also there's usually layups or washes coming in as well lots of traffic.

Station Switching? I wont even get into that...

2 hours ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

You're spot on. In effect, they have less signal heads to replace along with stop arm motors, which in theory should reduce maintenance, but we'll see how the balises for the localization or the zone controllers work after 20 years of service. The flipside is that it now places more effort on CED to keep the CBTC on board components in working condition.

Zone Controllers have been failing in Queens often... 

Queens plaza area one failed at least three times last week, they had to send Mikeys Up the Fox line from Manhattan..

They are putting up a fan room at 21st to try to keep them things from overheating.

You get what you pay for...