ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

2 hours ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

I swear, that's the secret difference between the A and B divisions. Dudes with time for some reason will pick the road in the B, while everybody runs off the road ASAP for yard work in the A, or they retire and GTFO if they can't stay and pick yard work. 

I took a look at the work program once and i felt like there were more penalty yard n switching jobs in the A than in the B. Just in Utica there are i believe 4 11 hour switching jobs. In the B when i was YX i didn't really make money like that but in the A i kept getting one of those 11 hour switching jobs and i was killing it some weeks lol.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RTOMan said:

Zone Controllers have been failing in Queens often... 

Queens plaza area one failed at least three times last week, they had to send Mikeys Up the Fox line from Manhattan..

They are putting up a fan room at 21st to try to keep them things from overheating.

You get what you pay for...

It's amazing what happens when you're away from the job for a bit. :-)

Once they're done with that, it would be nice if they'd work on the zone around Continental as that's just the worst setup that I've seen. I've jokingly said that every second you gain elsewhere is wasted there...

1 hour ago, beanz said:

I took a look at the work program once and i felt like there were more penalty yard n switching jobs in the A than in the B. Just in Utica there are i believe 4 11 hour switching jobs. In the B when i was YX i didn't really make money like that but in the A i kept getting one of those 11 hour switching jobs and i was killing it some weeks lol.

Yeah, I remember some of those. Certain jobs at E 180th, Utica, and Westchester Yard were easy ways to make a little money on top. :-)

In theory, you could always do a double or RDO to make up for the straight 8s at the yard, but it seems that even the people at the top of the list in the B would rather pound the road on some 9 or 10 hour job.

Edited by Keikyu Motorman

52 minutes ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

Yeah, I remember some of those. Certain jobs at E 180th, Utica, and Westchester Yard were easy ways to make a little money on top. :-)

In theory, you could always do a double or RDO to make up for the straight 8s at the yard, but it seems that even the people at the top of the list in the B would rather pound the road on some 9 or 10 hour job.

A div always had penalty Yard Switching Jobs...

B Div lot of str 8 Jobs a few 9 hr ones though..

6 hours ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

I swear, that's the secret difference between the A and B divisions. Dudes with time for some reason will pick the road in the B, while everybody runs off the road ASAP for yard work in the A, or they retire and GTFO if they can't stay and pick yard work. 

I heard the guy who's number 1 on the seniority list picks the Fox on the midnight. 

2 hours ago, TOSironi said:

I heard the guy who's number 1 on the seniority list picks the Fox on the midnight. 

Yea and the number 4 TO is a lady that loves to pick the road...she got almost 40 years down here yet somehow looks like she's barely aged. Loves her job i think happiness is the trick to her looks lol.

8 hours ago, RTOMan said:

A Div Yards are easy very simple (with the exception of Westchester yard with its loop tracks).. Cut the train go up the lead bring it back to the barn or another track.

Most B Div yards that's not the case also there's usually layups or washes coming in as well lots of traffic.

Station Switching? I wont even get into that...

Food for thought though... WES yard might be big and complicated, but I always thought it was the easiest yard.  You can loop and bury trains all within the yard.  Same with COR.

E180 & Unionport are probably the most complicated in the IRT.  Lots of moves across the mainline.

23 hours ago, TCart said:

@JPkim1130 arrive early you can find parking near by. You will be there for the 1st week and after that you’ll be a little everywhere lol they will give you a schedule by Thursday or Friday you will know where to report ahead of time. Subject to change though I will tell you that your TSS will let you know though 

Yes I was thinking getting there by around 445 and look for parking space. If i find early I will take a break and go to school by 6.
What do you do in first week?

11 minutes ago, JPkim1130 said:

Yes I was thinking getting there by around 445 and look for parking space. If i find early I will take a break and go to school by 6.
What do you do in first week?

There's plenty of parking. At all times. Some days you may have to park a 6 minute walk away[street cleaning  days] but there's plenty of parking. 

Hey everyone! I just graduated last Monday from School Car and I gotta say it was quite the experience. Everyone here that recently started or about to start be prepared for a  boot camp like experience. I don't know you but I have faith in you guys. Build relationships with your class mates and put the work in, you got this. 

My 2 cents on Road Posting is that it's great for learning routes and where the signals are, but the people you post with love to tell you how to operate. Operate however you feel is comfortable and safe, don't let anyone rush you either. Better to explain why you're late than you hitting a signal.For those people who are waiting, don't be discouraged you will get called. 

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the help and advice. Be safe, no shortcuts or senior methods! Lol 

Peace ✌️..

On 10/25/2022 at 12:56 PM, rondread445 said:

Hey everyone! I just graduated last Monday from School Car and I gotta say it was quite the experience. Everyone here that recently started or about to start be prepared for a  boot camp like experience. I don't know you but I have faith in you guys. Build relationships with your class mates and put the work in, you got this. 

My 2 cents on Road Posting is that it's great for learning routes and where the signals are, but the people you post with love to tell you how to operate. Operate however you feel is comfortable and safe, don't let anyone rush you either. Better to explain why you're late than you hitting a signal.For those people who are waiting, don't be discouraged you will get called. 

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the help and advice. Be safe, no shortcuts or senior methods! Lol 

Peace ✌️..

Congratulations. Keep it smooth and safe out there. I’m hearing of a lot of incidents where new T/O’s are getting taken out of service left and right for incidents.

3 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Congratulations. Keep it smooth and safe out there. I’m hearing of a lot of incidents where new T/O’s are getting taken out of service left and right for incidents.

cuz it's BANGING- IN Season!!!!

Deck the halls with new Bull-e-tins
Oh-no-no-no-no-no, no-no-no-NO!
'Tis the season to be Grumpy
TSS all around is dis-approv-ing
Dispatchers rejecting our Slip-pies

Deck the rails with slimey leaves
'Tis the season to be Sliding
RCC always com-plai-ning
What color of pants was the guy wear-ing??

14 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Thanks, my class was spoken to by School Car Superintendent James and several Line Superintendents about operation. "No cowboy or hotshot sh**". "Let the signals clear in front of you, etc..". One guy I posted with said forget the aspect on timers, just watch the stop arm go down and you're good. 🤯

Edited by rondread445

20 minutes ago, rondread445 said:

Thanks, my class was spoken to by School Car Superintendent James and several Line Superintendents about operation. "No cowboy or hotshot sh**". "Let the signals clear in front of you, etc..". One guy I posted with said forget the aspect on timers, just watch the stop arm go down and you're good. 🤯

wait till you hear about them School Car Superintendent James stories

On 10/24/2022 at 4:37 PM, Late Clear said:

Food for thought though... WES yard might be big and complicated, but I always thought it was the easiest yard.  You can loop and bury trains all within the yard.  Same with COR.

E180 & Unionport are probably the most complicated in the IRT.  Lots of moves across the mainline.

Man listen i totally forgot about those two Yards...

Was never a fan of working there...

Wes Yard was crazy mostly on weekends lotta Barn work..

5 hours ago, rondread445 said:

except for when you're on the road you'll meet some tss who tell you the opposite: go up to grade time at the posted speed, and fly into the station dont take a brake until the conductor board..

1 hour ago, TOSironi said:

except for when you're on the road you'll meet some tss who tell you the opposite: go up to grade time at the posted speed, and fly into the station dont take a brake until the conductor board..

"and fly into the station dont take a brake until the conductor board..." ~ S.I. James

1 hour ago, TOSironi said:

Sounds like someone in district 3 :ph34r:

2 hours ago, TOSironi said:

You can actually go further than that before taking a brake depending on the train, but for the sanity of the new people, it’s always best to brake when comfortable and adjust from there.