ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in September 2022 i went  for the pre employment process and took the drug test . I just received a email today  to do the pre employment process again . there is no date on the email when to go in . 

do i need to fill out the entire job history and info all over again ? 

“PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

MTA New York City Transit is considering you for a position as a Train Operator- Exam 7604, List # 58 and invites you to our facility at MTA 180 Livingston Street (between Smith and Hoyt Streets), 5th floor on  at  to start the pre-employment process.”

missing the date 

Edited by drob

40 minutes ago, drob said:

Back in September 2022 i went  for the pre employment process and took the drug test . I just received a email today  to do the pre employment process again . there is no date on the email when to go in . 

do i need to fill out the entire job history and info all over again ? 

“PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

MTA New York City Transit is considering you for a position as a Train Operator- Exam 7604, List # 58 and invites you to our facility at MTA 180 Livingston Street (between Smith and Hoyt Streets), 5th floor on  at  to start the pre-employment process.”

missing the date 

yes, you need to bring the filled out application again & all required documents. minus vaccine card which isn’t required anymore.

Quick heads up guys and girls this was posted by the union VP

"Quick Information 

#1. Current staffing numbers for all 3 titles

We currently have deficits in all 3 titles:

-180+ Train Operators and Conductors      

-40 Tower Operators.

These numbers are subject to change due to attrition and promotion. 

#2. Projected promotion classes/new hire classes

-April, May and July Conductor Classes 50-60 per class

-April-August Train Operator Classes 50 per class"

10 minutes ago, JGar2023 said:

that’s weird, when i got mine last week it had the date & time in the email. has any else had this issue?

Do you mind telling me your list number so I can see if they’re getting close to my number 

38 minutes ago, Pkk said:

I’m 64xx and I got called for pre employment on 12/9/2022. Did they call you for pre employment recently

I’m #60xx and I went in on 11/17 for pre employment. I hope I don’t have to go back for  pre employment 3 times but I will if I have to. We will be in there soon. Good luck!

43 minutes ago, Dblock148 said:

I’m #60xx and I went in on 11/17 for pre employment. I hope I don’t have to go back for  pre employment 3 times but I will if I have to. We will be in there soon. Good luck!

Yes update me if you can when they call you for 2nd time. I’m guessing I have a month time difference from you to make up my mind whether or not I should quit my current job and go for this 

12 hours ago, JGar2023 said:

that’s weird, when i got mine last week it had the date & time in the email. has any else had this issue?

So it was a computer glitch

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

MTA New York City Transit canvass you for Train Operator- Exam 7604, List # 58xx and there was a computer clinch and you were canvass by mistake.  Unfortunately, your list number will not be reached for the upcoming class.  Please do not report to the Employment Center because your name will not be on the list of candidates being consider for Train Operator.  Please excuse this error and we do look forward to your employment opportunities with MTA New York City Transit.

12 minutes ago, drob said:

MTA New York City Transit canvass you for Train Operator- Exam 7604, List # 58xx and there was a computer clinch and you were canvass by mistake.  Unfortunately, your list number will not be reached for the upcoming class.  Please do not report to the Employment Center because your name will not be on the list of candidates being consider for Train Operator.  Please excuse this error and we do look forward to your employment opportunities with MTA New York City Transit.

That’s Od! How tf did they do something like that? They got your hopes up for nothing smh.

2 minutes ago, Dblock148 said:

That’s Od! How tf did they do something like that? They got your hopes up for nothing smh.

It’s is what it is lol , seems like i will have to go in a few times and retake the drug test . It’s all a waiting game . 

2 minutes ago, drob said:

It’s is what it is lol , seems like i will have to go in a few times and retake the drug test . It’s all a waiting game . 

Yea that’s all it is. They did say “ We do look forward to your employment opportunities with MTA New York City Transit.” So you will be called before this list is exhausted. I’m right after you bro #60xx. We will be in there soon 

45 minutes ago, drob said:

I just got the same email this morning. My list # 62xx and I went for pre employment 11/30. Patiently waiting 

17 hours ago, In4DaWin said:

Anyone with list no. 65XX get called back for orientation or medical?

List number 62XX. I just received an email stating

MTA New York City Transit canvass you for Train Operator- Exam 7604, List # 62XX and there was a computer glitch and you were canvass by mistake.  Unfortunately, your list number will not be reached for the upcoming class.  Please do not report to the Employment Center because your name will not be on the list of candidates being considered for Train Operator.  Please excuse this error and we do look forward to your employment opportunities with MTA New York City Transit.

It's weird because I didn't receive any canvas email but opened up my inbox and got this today. The last time I spoke to someone from the employment center, I was told the last person appointed was in the 5500 range. Not sure if they'll be reaching us if they plan on having 1 class in April and 1 class In August (The list is supposed to expire in September) but I'll still keep a positive attitude.  

My last drug test was back in November as well.