ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 minute ago, Fedrali360 said:

Today! My appointment was today Wednesday and I got out around 2 pm And was there since 6 am ! All to pee in a cup ! 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

that was literally me yesterday, i arrived at 6 & left at 2:30 to pee in a damn cup. you don’t know how aggravated i was. went Sept. 2022 & got out at 8:30, second time went Jan 2023 got out at 11:30 & yesterday at 2:30 🙄🙄🙄 mind you, hasn’t been 90 days since my last one, so why did i have to go in again smh

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, JGar2023 said:

that was literally me yesterday, i arrived at 6 & left at 2:30 to pee in a damn cup. you don’t know how aggravated i was. went Sept. 2022 & got out at 8:30, second time went Jan 2023 got out at 11:30 & yesterday at 2:30 🙄🙄🙄 mind you, hasn’t been 90 days since my last one, so why did i have to go in again smh

I hope this is the last time! The fact that the last one didn’t expire and they still had you come down is crazy. What’s your list number?

26 minutes ago, JGar2023 said:

hang in there
it's a Sick Fetish of Transit.....they love when we pee in cups.  it's very VERY creepy.  
when we do randoms......same thing.  pee in this cup. (they SAVE all the cups).  creepy right?

10 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

hang in there
it's a Sick Fetish of Transit.....they love when we pee in cups.  it's very VERY creepy.  
when we do randoms......same thing.  pee in this cup. (they SAVE all the cups).  creepy right?

Yo that’s crazy. Wtf are they doing with all that piss smh

42 minutes ago, Fedrali360 said:

Today! My appointment was today Wednesday and I got out around 2 pm And was there since 6 am ! All to pee in a cup ! 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

You think thats bad? When I went they only had 1 tech doing the test plus a bunch of employees had to be tested who who priority. I was there from 6 am-7 pm

18 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

You think thats bad? When I went they only had 1 tech doing the test plus a bunch of employees had to be tested who who priority. I was there from 6 am-7 pm

Yeah I got skipped by two employees today ! I guess they had randoms scheduled! But they had more techs working in the lab today ! Two I think are new cuz they kept reviewing everything they was doing ! 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

16 minutes ago, Fedrali360 said:

Yeah I got skipped by two employees today ! I guess they had randoms scheduled! But they had more techs working in the lab today ! Two I think are new cuz they kept reviewing everything they was doing ! 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

yes so once someone has a random. that takes priority.  even more of a priority is someone who had an incident.  that pee MUST be analyzed ASAP!!!
so it pushes everyone back in line.  and yes.......those techs are KNOWN to lose papers.  you have to drop the paper into this slot on the wall.  well......one day......someone probably thought it was funny to dump that bucket full of papers and throw it in the trash like a garbage can.  guess what?  lost papers.  and you get aa lot of angry TO CR BO Cadets waiting for their drug test.

1 hour ago, thegameksk said:

damn wtf 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 there was like 10 employees there when i went but they had to wait, they didn’t prioritize them 

Hey guys like many had already said, read the books on your own time. Several hours a day. My induction was in January and it’s a fast paced course. As soon as you get that rulebook, memorize the 6 points of Restricted Speed and Extreme Caution. Search on Chegg for the signal definitions and get on it ASAP. You have to score a 100% on the 2 written signal exams to pass the entire course. Get a head start on the verbatim definitions of signals now and then you will focus on different types of car classes and how to prep them for yard movement and service. Good Luck!

Just now, RedoverRed said:

Hey guys like many had already said, read the books on your own time. Several hours a day. My induction was in January and it’s a fast paced course. As soon as you get that rulebook, memorize the 6 points of Restricted Speed and Extreme Caution. Search on Chegg for the signal definitions and get on it ASAP. You have to score a 100% on the 2 written signal exams to pass the entire course. Get a head start on the verbatim definitions of signals now and then you will focus on different types of car classes and how to prep them for yard movement and service. Good Luck!

Where can we get the materials if we haven't done our medical yet

I said this BEFORE IN HERE AND ill say it again DO NOT  study read anything about rules and procedures ONLINE UNTIL YOU GET THAT RULEBOOK IN your hands...

Seriously...

This is For you new people....

Oh and BTW there is no procedure at all  to "Key past a station"<_<....

If one don't understand instruction given to one have it repeated, again and again if need be...

Edited by RTOMan

On 3/17/2023 at 2:24 PM, TCart said:

The platform will humble people REAL QUICK. Please don’t take this job as a joke. A lot of TO’s are on the platform for challenging signals and over running stations. You have to get your rest and stay focus on the task at hand. Get ya money and go home. Don’t listen to crew room lawyers or anyone else. Learn your job. Learn your rules. Learn to read your iron and study your signals and know what to do at each signal. Good luck to everyone coming in and if Yu haven’t got a call yet your time is coming. Please be humble 

After one who is still on probation spends time in that rubber room at 130 Livingston street...

Hi I didn’t get called for training yet but I will like to ask a question for all those who already started. I know new hires don’t have a set schedule with a set location. If I was scheduled to show up at Brooklyn at 11pm and then they tell me I have to work in bronx the same night. I show up at the bronx at 11:30pm. Am I on the clock at 11pm or 11:30pm? Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Pkk said:

Hi I didn’t get called for training yet but I will like to ask a question for all those who already started. I know new hires don’t have a set schedule with a set location. If I was scheduled to show up at Brooklyn at 11pm and then they tell me I have to work in bronx the same night. I show up at the bronx at 11:30pm. Am I on the clock at 11pm or 11:30pm? Thank you. 

the newest tech trains are the R211s.  but i don't recall them going close to the speed of light.  not even the speed of sound.  i think that's 600mph or so?
anyways......there is no way for you to get from brooklyn to the bronx in 30 minutes.  so you have nothing to worry about.  
unless i mis-read your question??....in which cash i apologize.  you may have to reword your question to clarify what you're querying

2 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

the newest tech trains are the R211s.  but i don't recall them going close to the speed of light.  not even the speed of sound.  i think that's 600mph or so?
anyways......there is no way for you to get from brooklyn to the bronx in 30 minutes.  so you have nothing to worry about.  
unless i mis-read your question??....in which cash i apologize.  you may have to reword your question to clarify what you're querying

oh btw yes you will be on the clock from ur report time which was 11pm.  you get paid no matter what.  remember.  we get paid by the MINUTE!!!  oooooh boy......what a nice perk isn't it?
isn't that speciaaaaaaaaaal (Church Lady voice)

Edited by trackerjack

1 hour ago, trackerjack said:

oh btw yes you will be on the clock from ur report time which was 11pm.  you get paid no matter what.  remember.  we get paid by the MINUTE!!!  oooooh boy......what a nice perk isn't it?
isn't that speciaaaaaaaaaal (Church Lady voice)

I got you thanks! Whats the average amount of hours new hires t/o work if they don’t want overtime? Thanks again

2 minutes ago, Pkk said:

I got you thanks! Whats the average amount of hours new hires t/o work if they don’t want overtime? Thanks again

Well overtime will be forced on you. As a new hire or XX, you will 100% be getting more then 40 hours a week because some jobs are more then 8 hours, or you fall to the board and sit for hours and pick up a whole job. They will never force you to work your days off though. 

9 minutes ago, Apes said:

Well overtime will be forced on you. As a new hire or XX, you will 100% be getting more then 40 hours a week because some jobs are more then 8 hours, or you fall to the board and sit for hours and pick up a whole job. They will never force you to work your days off though. 

Ah I’m assuming you can’t just leave if you be been there for 6-8 hours with no work. 

15 minutes ago, Pkk said:

Ah I’m assuming you can’t just leave if you be been there for 6-8 hours with no work. 

Yeah basically, There's that rare chance where you fall to the board and clear it. Which means you sat for 8 hours and got paid for it. Or you can pick up a 1 trip job and sit for the last 3-4 hours. (It's not always like this but there are those good days when it happens) 

52 minutes ago, Pkk said:

ok so.......u asked the RIGHT PERSON!  cuz if u know me.....u know i HATE working overtime.
so there are SECRETS!!! to making sure u don't work over time.  i won't say it here cuz there are haters and it seems like there are TSS SUSPICIOUS SPIES HERE.  no joke, with the exemption of that obvious troll.......there are!!  if you get in and pass school car - i can tell u the secrets

ummm....if you have a penalty job....that just means the "job" is more than 8 hours.  it could be 8 hours and 1 min to 9 hours and 40 mins.....  a lot of folks LOVES that cuz they have to pay down their debts or make sure their children doesn't starve.  (i would make the child work but i would end up in Prison cuz of child labor laws)
now.....if u HATE OT like me.......u just carry yourself in a way where the dispatchers knows your lazy and very very hard to work with......so they never give you extra duties like Layups/put ins or switching or whatever.  it works for me!  everyone stays away from me.  just the way i like.  and i never get called for anything!

now....... unfortunately....... if the road blows and your train is stuck in middle track or whatever......sorry to say but u really can't do anything about that......u will clear LATE and get overtime.  this is the bad truth about this job......profession........and "career" as some of these colleagues say.

this job is seriously *** NEGATIVE COMMENT CENSORED, MORE COMMENTS LIKE THESE WILL BE REPORTED ***

I hope this helps your curiosity and ease your intrigue.  if you're worried (as u should be) but.....just know.  i'm surviving and.....if i can do it......so can u!!!  we will manage!!

Edited by trackerjack

29 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

ok so.......u asked the RIGHT PERSON!  cuz if u know me.....u know i HATE working overtime.
so there are SECRETS!!! to making sure u don't work over time.  i won't say it here cuz there are haters and it seems like there are TSS SUSPICIOUS SPIES HERE.  no joke, with the exemption of that obvious troll.......there are!!  if you get in and pass school car - i can tell u the secrets

ummm....if you have a penalty job....that just means the "job" is more than 8 hours.  it could be 8 hours and 1 min to 9 hours and 40 mins.....  a lot of folks LOVES that cuz they have to pay down their debts or make sure their children doesn't starve.  (i would make the child work but i would end up in Prison cuz of child labor laws)
now.....if u HATE OT like me.......u just carry yourself in a way where the dispatchers knows your lazy and very very hard to work with......so they never give you extra duties like Layups/put ins or switching or whatever.  it works for me!  everyone stays away from me.  just the way i like.  and i never get called for anything!

now....... unfortunately....... if the road blows and your train is stuck in middle track or whatever......sorry to say but u really can't do anything about that......u will clear LATE and get overtime.  this is the bad truth about this job......profession........and "career" as some of these colleagues say.

this job is seriously *** NEGATIVE COMMENT CENSORED, MORE COMMENTS LIKE THESE WILL BE REPORTED ***

I hope this helps your curiosity and ease your intrigue.  if you're worried (as u should be) but.....just know.  i'm surviving and.....if i can do it......so can u!!!  we will manage!!

I’m currently employed with another company. I’m still indecisive with what to do if I get the t/o position. I don’t want to do OT at all if I can avoid it. But I think with the one year probation I can’t use your methods to avoid dispatch? I do want to work in mta like you guys. I am just afraid it ll be extremely miserable and I’ll regret quitting my current job. Tough decision

11 minutes ago, Pkk said:

I’m currently employed with another company. I’m still indecisive with what to do if I get the t/o position. I don’t want to do OT at all if I can avoid it. But I think with the one year probation I can’t use your methods to avoid dispatch? I do want to work in mta like you guys. I am just afraid it ll be extremely miserable and I’ll regret quitting my current job. Tough decision

I know.......where ur coming from!  I am probably one of the few that will ever tell you the truth
besides that.....the methods you can do during probation.  but Transit is VERY vindictive.  the (S)crew office will.......remember you and exact revenge. this is true.  
anyways DM me if u want the real scoop on how things work here.  it really really depends on your current job you have now and how satisfied you are with ur job (notice i didnt say "happy". just satisfied).  this will surely guide you in the right decision whether to make the jump from a cushy stable job to a very instable and physically & mentally harsh profession here.  these are MY OPINIONS mind you.   but i do speak the truth about what i've seen/experienced though.

Edited by trackerjack