ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The platform will humble people REAL QUICK. Please don’t take this job as a joke. A lot of TO’s are on the platform for challenging signals and over running stations. You have to get your rest and stay focus on the task at hand. Get ya money and go home. Don’t listen to crew room lawyers or anyone else. Learn your job. Learn your rules. Learn to read your iron and study your signals and know what to do at each signal. Good luck to everyone coming in and if Yu haven’t got a call yet your time is coming. Please be humble 

On 3/14/2023 at 4:40 PM, JDS1057 said:

Just got mine today also to come in for this Thursday the 16th. Well here we go again…… no word on a date for the next class yet and my buddy who’s a TSS currently isn’t in school car but said he’ll ask around so I’ll def let y’all know. I’m guessing for April possibly. 

Did you go yesterday? Was there anything different this time?

2 hours ago, SuspiciousTSSspy said:

Jokes/Comments like these will get you on Platform.  Your orange vest will be the beacon of shame.  You will be seeing me very shortly in School Car........I will introduce myself.

It was a comment on his username which is a joke in itself. Not that I even believe you are a TSS I know many TSS’s personally and they are the biggest pranksters and jokesters. While also taking the job seriously. While I was on the job all TSS’s I came across were really super chill if you got to know them. Stop trying to scare others with this platform nonsense. Yes you will get on platform by making mistakes not jokes. However stressing it too much is not healthy for yourself or the job. Yes study, learn the job, and you’ll be fine, to others worrying it stressing. Don’t be scared or stress by TSS’s. They are not like this one is making it out to be. 

On 3/15/2023 at 11:18 PM, Ovopassion said:

Hey I went for my first pre employment in Jan 2020 .Never heard anything back after that . I just got emailed again for another pre employment .Any tips on what I should be doing my list number 40xx.

January 2020??

1 hour ago, Ovopassion said:

Hey what are they checking for during medical just got called for pre employment and I’m not interested in having any more hiccups in this process.

1 hour ago, Ovopassion said:

Hey what are they checking for during medical just got called for pre employment and I’m not interested in having any more hiccups in this process.

First:

- You will go to a computer and fill out a medical survey

Then, you will:

- Be weighed- clothes and shoes on.

- Height measured - shoes on.

- Urine test- to see if you have sugar in your urine. 

- Blood pressure check - I assume it must be below 140/90

- Hearing- Sit in a booth and listen for sounds

- Vision- Look into a device 

-Heart Check- Nodes attached to you chest while a machine records.

Last, you will dee a doctor. He/she will:

- Wrap a tape measure around your neck- must be under 17 for men. If your BMI is over 35 and your neck is bigger than 17 you'll have to do a sleep study.

- Ask you to touch your toes.

- Check your teeth.

- Go over the medical survey you filled out. 

If the doctor says you're okay. You go down the hall and are sworn in and receive your rulebook. Hope this helps.

7 minutes ago, Harlem said:

First:

- You will go to a computer and fill out a medical survey

Then, you will:

- Be weighed- clothes and shoes on.

- Height measured - shoes on.

- Urine test- to see if you have sugar in your urine. 

- Blood pressure check - I assume it must be below 140/90

- Hearing- Sit in a booth and listen for sounds

- Vision- Look into a device 

-Heart Check- Nodes attached to you chest while a machine records.

Last, you will dee a doctor. He/she will:

- Wrap a tape measure around your neck- must be under 17 for men. If your BMI is over 35 and your neck is bigger than 17 you'll have to do a sleep study.

- Check your teeth.

- Go over the medical survey you filled out. 

If the doctor says you're okay. You go down the hall and are sworn in and receive your rulebook. Hope this helps.

Question this is my 3rd time being called for pre employment does this mean I'm doing the medical or just another piss test

14 minutes ago, jbolanos said:

Question this is my 3rd time being called for pre employment does this mean I'm doing the medical or just another piss test

Do you mind me asking why you didn’t get the offer the first and second time? I feel like typically people only get put on hold once. And yes pre employment is paperwork and drug test only.  Medical is the 2nd visit.

Just now, Urmom said:

Do you mind me asking why you didn’t get the offer the first and second time? I feel like typically people only get put on hold once. And yes pre employment is paperwork and drug test only.  Medical is the 2nd visit.

Multiple pre employments is simply to keep your paperwork and drug test up to date every 3 months or so, they don’t necessarily put you on hold. They probably aren’t calling up to his/her list number yet; but expect to reach it eventually.

17 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Multiple pre employments is simply to keep your paperwork and drug test up to date every 3 months or so, they don’t necessarily put you on hold. They probably aren’t calling up to his/her list number yet; but expect to reach it eventually.

Yes they are keeping it up-to-date the last time I went was in January and they had closed the last class. So I was told that the next open class I should be called for. That's why I asked if it was something different then the first 2 times I went. 

4 hours ago, Harlem said:

LMAO  even i passed this part.  
listen.  if i passed......anyone can pass and operate a Choo Choo

GET LOW - Lil Jon
" We want y'all to just do this shit like this
Bend over to the front, touch ya toes
"

On 3/17/2023 at 2:24 PM, TCart said:

The platform will humble people REAL QUICK. Please don’t take this job as a joke. A lot of TO’s are on the platform for challenging signals and over running stations. You have to get your rest and stay focus on the task at hand. Get ya money and go home. Don’t listen to crew room lawyers or anyone else. Learn your job. Learn your rules. Learn to read your iron and study your signals and know what to do at each signal. Good luck to everyone coming in and if Yu haven’t got a call yet your time is coming. Please be humble 

I havent had an incident yet. My best advice is dont challenge signals. Be extra cautious till you learn every route. And you can come intl the station fast just make sure you're approaching the 10 slow so if ue trains slides you still might be good

29 minutes ago, Daren646 said:

I havent had an incident yet. My best advice is dont challenge signals. Be extra cautious till you learn every route. And you can come intl the station fast just make sure you're approaching the 10 slow so if ue trains slides you still might be good

some of them be sliding out like KY.  

Good evening, currently awaiting 2nd pre Emp testing. Took first 11/09. I recently called to see if new classes were added and was told yes  on Thursday, they have a list of new classes. Medical list is up to 5.5ks and T.Os are in the 5ks. I'm in the 5.8ks but was told I will be getting an email soon to come retest sense my 90 days are expired. I was excited at the thought, I'm really looking forward to trying this job out and hopeful it fits. return emails will come from a Ms.Robinson I was told so not RTO or MTA be on the look out ppl I surely am!

3 rd pre employment appointment 3 rd time I peed in a cup ! 3 rd time I was told THATS IT ! SMH now to wait again until I get emailed for my medical ! If that even happens or maybe I’ll get a 4th pre employment. My #55xx so that could give ya some insight of how much more you have to wait ! My 1 st pre employment was back in sep 2022 ! Let’s see what happens now ! 

12 minutes ago, Fedrali360 said:

3 rd pre employment appointment 3 rd time I peed in a cup ! 3 rd time I was told THATS IT ! SMH now to wait again until I get emailed for my medical ! If that even happens or maybe I’ll get a 4th pre employment. My #55xx so that could give ya some insight of how much more you have to wait ! My 1 st pre employment was back in sep 2022 ! Let’s see what happens now ! 

Seems like they might have class for 55xx soon. Idk why they calling 99xx for opa

1 hour ago, Fedrali360 said:

Wait. Have you ever gone to the medical?

Just now, Fedrali360 said:

Nope ! 3 times to pre employment! So if there finally up to my number ! Check yours to see if your even close ! And am #55xx and there a a lot more people after me ! 

what time did you end up leaving yesterday? i got out around 2:30. shit was crazy.

Just now, JGar2023 said:

what time did you end up leaving yesterday? i got out around 2:30. shit was crazy.

Today! My appointment was today Wednesday and I got out around 2 pm And was there since 6 am ! All to pee in a cup ! 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️