ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/23/2023 at 4:09 AM, Djf22 said:

I keep hoping tied 6 will get better when more tier 6 people move up in rank and when tier 6 is the majority 

They're never going to improve Tier VI anytime soon unless you see a *huge* economic boom and a very generous bull market. The only way to really counteract the changes imposed by Tier VI is to increase our pay to compensate for what we pay into the pension compared to previous Tiers.  Any changes to Tier VI need to be worked on by *everybody* in the Tier across NYS civil service, not just Transit.

1 hour ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

They're never going to improve Tier VI anytime soon unless you see a *huge* economic boom and a very generous bull market. The only way to really counteract the changes imposed by Tier VI is to increase our pay to compensate for what we pay into the pension compared to previous Tiers.  Any changes to Tier VI need to be worked on by *everybody* in the Tier across NYS civil service, not just Transit.

You are correct its a state wide issue not just a transit issue..

I have to keep reminding some of my fellow coworkers this all the time...

"Remember who you voted in?"

I'm not talking Union elections either...

Maybe one day they'll figure it out..

Edited by RTOMan

1 hour ago, RTOMan said:

You are correct its a state wide issue not just a transit issue..

I have to keep reminding some of my fellow coworkers this all the time...

"Remember who you voted in?"

I'm not talking Union elections either...

Maybe one day they'll figure it out..

Well i didn’t vote for cuomo, and I wish our union would stop endorsing these corrupt democrats 

5 minutes ago, Djf22 said:

Well i didn’t vote for cuomo, and I wish our union would stop endorsing these corrupt democrats 

It's either corrupt democrats or union busting republicans

The 2 party system f**king Americans as it has for hundreds of years nothing new 

16 minutes ago, beanz said:

It's either corrupt democrats or union busting republicans

The 2 party system f**king Americans as it has for hundreds of years nothing new 

That's the sad issue folks need to find that politician who has their interests in heart not just party line chit...

4 hours ago, RTOMan said:

That's the sad issue folks need to find that politician who has their interests in heart not just party line chit...

And that's currently hard to do more often than not because machine politics is hard to root out, and in a two-party system where one party is captured by a machine and the other party is captured by arsonists it's really hard. You'd basically need politicians who could speak directly to voters without going through the traditional channels (which means being able to get and keep virality on decentralized media without turning into a demagogue or degenerating into a grab bag of disjointed hot takes), and then people who are able to hold supporters through the transition from calling out all the broken parts of the system to actively trying to fix those parts. It's difficult and messy to try to do that; I personally feel like the progressive wing of the Democratic Party is the best option we have for that right now, but they still have an uphill battle in front of them.

Edited by engineerboy6561

7 hours ago, rondaDon said:

what does it mean when you are on an outstanding certification? I never got anything yet from MTA I'm in the 67xx.

outstanding mean EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD.  so you should be proud!

but damn they are in they 6700s now.   i think they have a goal of reaching the 10K mark this year

Edited by trackerjack

7 hours ago, rondaDon said:

what does it mean when you are on an outstanding certification? I never got anything yet from MTA I'm in the 67xx.

Just means your name was on a certified list but they haven't gotten to it yet. Just weird civil service stuff. Whenever they want to hire they need to have a certified list of candidates. That certification has an expiration date and they recertify as needed. 

On 2/24/2023 at 3:50 PM, rondaDon said:

How did you find out you were on an outstanding certification list?

My list number is 60xx and I did my drug test and pre employment back in November 17 but I never heard back from them. 

Can someone confirm if they have received the new list yet? I was told last week they were waiting for a new one and wouldnt have one until March. Is there a number to call to get back on the list? Ive sent 6 emails to the email address ive been igivng over 2 months and there has yet to be a reply. 

19 hours ago, thegameksk said:

Can someone confirm if they have received the new list yet? I was told last week they were waiting for a new one and wouldnt have one until March. Is there a number to call to get back on the list? Ive sent 6 emails to the email address ive been igivng over 2 months and there has yet to be a reply. 

Weren't you already in schoolcar? Try calling 180 livingstone or go there in person maybe.

2 hours ago, thegameksk said:

I had to resign and when I went down there they told me to use the emails I was giving which no one replies too. Shitshow all around., 

you got terminated or u resigned on your own volition?  if it's the former.....unfortunately that's the end of the road and will be new beginnings for you.  you won.
if it's the latter... they most likely will not respond to you just like how to RCC won't respond to you on the radio.  
Rudeness is actually in the rules and regulations book for management and admin....it's Rule # 69 section X or something....

ahh here we go. an old link.  type in the upper right corner: 7604  or name. maybe it can offer you some updated dates
https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/6601/vp6k-73rw/data

Edited by trackerjack

6 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

you got terminated or u resigned on your own volition?  if it's the former.....unfortunately that's the end of the road and will be new beginnings for you.  you won.
if it's the latter... they most likely will not respond to you just like how to RCC won't respond to you on the radio.  
Rudeness is actually in the rules and regulations book for management and admin....it's Rule # 69 section X or something....

I think you need to start writing a standup routine and try to get yourself out of transit like that 😄

8 hours ago, trackerjack said:

ahh here we go. an old link.  type in the upper right corner: 7604  or name. maybe it can offer you some updated dates
https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/6601/vp6k-73rw/data

Thanks for that link bro. It says it’s been extended until 9/19/2023. Im sure they’ll call me in for another drug test and re submit paperwork.

8 hours ago, Dblock148 said:

Thanks for that link bro. It says it’s been extended until 9/19/2023. Im sure they’ll call me in for another drug test and re submit paperwork.

Oh yes they most likely will and you got a leg up already…Good luck!

10 hours ago, trackerjack said:

who is in the new class that started in Jan?  it sounds like the Wild Wild West it seems!!! 
also some TO had a wild wild west experience 2 days ago on the Road.
B-Division stands for "BANGERS"!!!!

There’s some winners in that whole group lots of em sitting in that rubber room at 130 Livingston Street… As for the bangers nonsense that TO should never see a inside of cab again unless it’s in a picture after the chit he pulled..  Don’t get me started on that whole signal quiz drama….