ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, jbolanos said:

Congratulations. Can I asked what were the steps you took? I've done 3 pre employments. Can you share your timeline? I know myself and others would greatly appreciate any and all information that's is shared.

So i was actually called for my first pre employment last year in april 2022 and then medical in  june 2022.  Got put on med hold. Had to get cleared for med hold and reinstate my name back on the list and wait for the new certified which just came out in march 2023.  went for pre employment for the 2nd time in march and then medical in april and got appointed. 

4 minutes ago, JGar2023 said:

He said the training was almost a year & that probation for operator was extended to more than a year but that he wasn’t too sure himself

If that's true then that's new, I went through it all. 6 months training then released to the road. Probation 1 yr. Now I heard the new guy in charge of school car is a hard-ass, so things might have changed. 

4 minutes ago, Maschine Bob said:

If that's true then that's new, I went through it all. 6 months training then released to the road. Probation 1 yr. Now I heard the new guy in charge of school car is a hard-ass, so things might have changed. 

yikes, well i’m gonna put my head in the books & do what i gotta do! i’m assuming you’re in A div if your training was 6 months, right?

Just now, JGar2023 said:

yikes, well i’m gonna put my head in the books & do what i gotta do! i’m assuming you’re in A div if your training was 6 months, right?

B Div. But wait till you guys get in front of the tss they will tell you what's, what. Alot of people will throw shit at you the first week just be patient by the end of the week you will know what's up. 

3 minutes ago, Maschine Bob said:

B Div. But wait till you guys get in front of the tss they will tell you what's, what. Alot of people will throw shit at you the first week just be patient by the end of the week you will know what's up. 

Yeah bro, I’m literally taking it one step at a time. As time goes by we’ll figure everything out. I’m gonna pm you.

31 minutes ago, JGar2023 said:

He said the training was almost a year & that probation for operator was extended to more than a year but that he wasn’t too sure himself

probation more than 1 year?   that's gonna be a 20% success rate. they are out of their minds
a lot of folks should NOT be on the road honestly.
including yours truly.............heeeheeeheeeee

but that's ridiculous........ it's probably their new scare tactic to scare ya'll......probation has always been standard 6 months.  if you get into trouble....they might extend it

1 hour ago, trackerjack said:

probation more than 1 year?   that's gonna be a 20% success rate. they are out of their minds

but that's ridiculous........ it's probably their new scare tactic to scare ya'll......probation has always been standard 6 months.  if you get into trouble....they might extend it

The one thing that will get you extended for sure is calling out. Try to control that shit the best you can. 

5 hours ago, Urmom said:

Had orientation today.  Congrats to everybody else that was there too.  Quick question.  One of the people there said that the motorman training was close to a year.  I thought it was 6 months for A division and 8 for B.  Also is the best train to take coming from the bronx, the D?  If I'm not mistaken, it stops at Bay 50 street station right by the school. Please help

It's 5 months for the A and 6 months for the B. Who said that a tss??cuz nobody uses the term "motormen" down here, or at least I've never heard it.

4 hours ago, trackerjack said:

They are probably just trying to scare them like they did to us when we did orientation. I remember they said if you even close your eyes and look like you're sleeping, even off the clock, you can get fired....the first day of actual school car we went to CCY and I went to the crew room and everybody was sleeping with blankets and pillows lmao

2 hours ago, TOSironi said:

It's 5 months for the A and 6 months for the B. Who said that a tss??cuz nobody uses the term "motormen" down here, or at least I've never heard it.

Some people still say motormen. You see it more in worktrains, so maybe it was a TSS that was in worktrains before moving up.

2 hours ago, TOSironi said:

They are probably just trying to scare them like they did to us when we did orientation. I remember they said if you even close your eyes and look like you're sleeping, even off the clock, you can get fired....the first day of actual school car we went to CCY and I went to the crew room and everybody was sleeping with blankets and pillows lmao

🤣🤣🤣 

On 4/8/2023 at 4:06 PM, TOSironi said:

So true! And that guy didn't even get fired. He's restricted. But he's still here. But I doubt he'll survive this. 

Trust me hes gone no way this guy is seeing the inside of a  train cab again unless its a picture of it.... 

They'll just use him for platform for a while then call him in and fire him...

This is the game they play that false sense of hope and chit...

11 hours ago, trackerjack said:

I don't know who told you that but Probation is ONE YEAR....

10 hours ago, Maschine Bob said:

The one thing that will get you extended for sure is calling out. Try to control that shit the best you can. 

Folks have been fired just for attendance...

Hopefully they are going to pull peoples coat about SICK CONTROL and how to not get on it...

rookies......dont worry
i book off sick quite often.  i'm still here.  no one disciplined me.
it was def scare tactics.  
just don't book off every week even though it's tempting.......
you get caught sleeping?? again depends where/when....depends who u get caught by too.  i just get laughed at by TSS catching me cuz i am not a dick and i don't argue
one thing is for sure....... WATCH OUT FOR THE 1!!!!!
if u work the 1.....u GON SEE

42 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

rookies......dont worry
i book off sick quite often.  i'm still here.  no one disciplined me.
it was def scare tactics.  
just don't book off every week even though it's tempting.......
you get caught sleeping?? again depends where/when....depends who u get caught by too.  i just get laughed at by TSS catching me cuz i am not a dick and i don't argue
one thing is for sure....... WATCH OUT FOR THE 1!!!!!
if u work the 1.....u GON SEE

I'm coming back to the 1 next pick even though I've heard of this particular Train Service Superhero. 

12 hours ago, TOSironi said:

It's one 1 by contract right? I dunno why they are telling new hires training is one year probation longer. That's just not true. 

Yeah it seems misinformation is running around a lot even from supervisors as well as other rookies...