ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/21/2023 at 6:33 PM, Godsfavorite said:

They requested a new certification list as of 5/17/2023 so if your name is on that line entry your name has been restored. 

yeah, they just emailed me yesterday stating I'm " under review due to a pending appointment.  We have to reach out to the appointing agency for review.  Upon completion, you will receive a notification". Don't know what that means but, for me it's back to just waiting. I followed my instructions to the letter. Hopefully it will be before the summer is over.

On 5/23/2023 at 5:03 PM, J Cooper said:

Has everyone been called for this June 26 class? or at least for the medical?

I got the call to come in for medical June 5th. List number 62XX.

Edited by KCA119

On 5/23/2023 at 10:51 PM, Grammypie said:

Thank you! Hopefully, I get the call to do the final processing soon. Completed my Medical on May 8th. Good luck to everyone going for the position!!!

Was Medical an all day process? Was it just answering some medical questions and getting your blood pressure checked?

7 minutes ago, KCA119 said:

Was Medical an all day process? Was it just answering some medical questions and getting your blood pressure checked?

Yes, it can be. You're not the only one that's going to be there waiting to see the doctors and nurses. EKG, blood pressure, hearing, vision, sugar levels, physical signs you may have sleep apnea, etc.

1 hour ago, KCA119 said:

Yes usually like Jericho stated. Not sure if u got a letter or email or just a call. But usually they'll tell u bring snacks cause you'll be there a while. I advise u to get some snacks, lol. Cause u can not leave and u will starve if you have one of those long days. 

Good evening, question has anyone been in a similar position before? You completed the medical assessment and the MTA staff says they will call you for the next step. It's been about a month and you don't here from them. Is it normal or should I go down there personally to see what's happening?

2 hours ago, Grammypie said:

Good evening, question has anyone been in a similar position before? You completed the medical assessment and the MTA staff says they will call you for the next step. It's been about a month and you don't here from them. Is it normal or should I go down there personally to see what's happening?

That's definitely normal. Those med exams last 90 days. If the 90s days are up, and they reach your number for pre employment, you will have to take the med exams again, then continue with the pre employment. But, if you ever want to find out your status, it's best to call than to just show up. U don't want to waste a day going there.

5 hours ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

That's definitely normal. Those med exams last 90 days. If the 90s days are up, and they reach your number for pre employment, you will have to take the med exams again, then continue with the pre employment. But, if you ever want to find out your status, it's best to call than to just show up. U don't want to waste a day going there.

Thanks. Does anyone have the number to contact MTA HR?

21 hours ago, 1Mrstlouis said:

I just call HR the said they extended the list for 1 year

Well my name was reinstated like requested, I was on medical hold got the test done they asked. Hope when I'm called they just take my doctor's papers, my insurance isn't going to let me do that again if MTA wants that again.

Edited by Robert T

On 6/1/2023 at 1:39 PM, Jericho said:

Yes, it can be. You're not the only one that's going to be there waiting to see the doctors and nurses. EKG, blood pressure, hearing, vision, sugar levels, physical signs you may have sleep apnea, etc.

Are they going to take another urine sample as well? I want to know how much water I should drink lol 

19 hours ago, Grammypie said:

Thanks. Does anyone have the number to contact MTA HR?

Not sure if these are still active, maybe someone can correct me, since I haven't used these numbers is years. There's 347-643-8237 and there's 212- 669-1357. U can also email examsunit@nyct.com. Make sure on the subject line u state what you're emailing about. On the body of the email put your full name, exam #, list #, last 4 of social.

On 5/23/2023 at 4:23 PM, Robert T said:

At second look. It looks like the certification sequence number goes up to 825 and cuts off. All thats in there if you see this good luck.

Does that mean if your list number is in the 900's you are no longer on the list?

@KCA119 I went in last week for medical. They let you into the building around 630am, I was the second to get into the building and left there around 1pm. Yes drink lots of water, you’ll have to pee in a cup. You’ll do vision, hearing and ekg. You’ll also do your fingerprint and ID photo (I got to do it all on the same day)  

They called me the day before to confirm my medical appointment.