ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

Ok guys I just completed pre employment. How long does it usually take now a days until they call you back for medical and final processing. I have a vacation booked for the end of this month and I’m thinking about if I should cancel it or not. What do you think my odds are

Edited by Youngking

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Youngking said:

Ok guys I just completed pre employment. How long does it usually take now a days until they call you back for medical and final processing. I have a vacation booked for the end of this month and I’m thinking about if I should cancel it or not. What do you think my odds are

anytime from tomorrow till 90 days from when you took it. Cancel your vacation, itll be worth it, the test is set to expire in september and who knows if itll get extended again

On 4/2/2024 at 5:54 AM, CA93 said:

If we got called to go in again, it should be because they plan on having classes soon right?  

I went in April 1st and just got the email to go back for  medical to be considered for April 29th class . 

14 minutes ago, Youngking said:

What is the schedule for school car? It’s it Monday - Friday ? 9-5? Holidays ? 

Holidays off. 
Monday - Friday. 
For the most part it’ll be 6am-2pm / 7am-3pm depending on classroom availability. If there’s too many classes, it could be changed to 10am-6pm or even 2pm-10pm. 

The important thing to remember is that the schedule is always “subject to change”.

12 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Holidays off. 
Monday - Friday. 
For the most part it’ll be 6am-2pm / 7am-3pm depending on classroom availability. If there’s too many classes, it could be changed to 10am-6pm or even 2pm-10pm. 

The important thing to remember is that the schedule is always “subject to change”.

Not off all holidays, we had class on Thanksgiving & I believe New Years. We were off Xmas. Hours vary  Depending on your instructor…. Some days we had 5a-1pm and Xmas Eve we did 4a-12p

6 hours ago, Uptownsocialite said:

Not off all holidays, we had class on Thanksgiving & I believe New Years. We were off Xmas. Hours vary  Depending on your instructor…. Some days we had 5a-1pm and Xmas Eve we did 4a-12p

Yup, subject to change.

On 3/22/2024 at 4:08 PM, mnbvcxz730 said:

Just got called for pre-employment for TO. Quick story, Last year I went through two pre-employment processes which was this one and track worker. I ended up going for track worker because the hiring process was literary three months and for this position I did three drug test in the span of 8 months and never got called for medical until I was few months into track.I'm about to finish my probation next month. Last month I did promotional for TO with no issues. My question is, should i pass on this pre-employment and wait for the promotional pre-employment? My thought process is that if I wait for the promotional employment,get the job and lets say I get fired for some reason, I can get demoted back to track instead of losing both jobs at the same time. Let me know what you guys think. Sry for the long text lol

what day did you go in for pre employment 

starting to get discourage, why have us come in and then not get us into a class,  someone went in on friday and already got called back yesterday but i went in on the 2nd which was a tuesday , just doesn't make any sense why they would get called before me

On 4/9/2024 at 5:33 PM, CA93 said:

starting to get discourage, why have us come in and then not get us into a class,  someone went in on friday and already got called back yesterday but i went in on the 2nd which was a tuesday , just doesn't make any sense why they would get called before me

Dealing with so much applicants , just be patient  

This has been the most frustrating hiring process in my life. I feel like giving up. I go for medical today. Everything was good medical was cleared and qualified. I go upstairs to take my photo, all good. Now I go back down to hand in my application for it to get processed so I can move on to get fingerprints and they tell me my application has to be reviewed and there are no managers on site today and since it’s past 4pm they’ll have to contact me on when to come back. No specific date or time frame just they will reach out to you on when to return. So I’m supposed to just wait around and put my life on pause and wait around until the moment they call me and tell me when to return. It’s really ridiculous. I went for pre employment 3 times, this is the first time I actually made it to medical and now it’s something else. 

On 4/12/2024 at 10:02 PM, Youngking said:

This has been the most frustrating hiring process in my life. I feel like giving up. I go for medical today. Everything was good medical was cleared and qualified. I go upstairs to take my photo, all good. Now I go back down to hand in my application for it to get processed so I can move on to get fingerprints and they tell me my application has to be reviewed and there are no managers on site today and since it’s past 4pm they’ll have to contact me on when to come back. No specific date or time frame just they will reach out to you on when to return. So I’m supposed to just wait around and put my life on pause and wait around until the moment they call me and tell me when to return. It’s really ridiculous. I went for pre employment 3 times, this is the first time I actually made it to medical and now it’s something else. 

lol wait till you actually start working here on the road....

I would just go the next business day. I wouldn't wait.  A few years ago, I had medical as well. Went 3 times and held 2 times for sleep apnea related issues. And then missed the class. Had to put  myself back on the list. And then cleared everything. And then covid hit and was delayed another year. And then had to put myself back on the list again lol. I'm a bus operator. I would do it again.  

Like I said...I would just go the next business day.  Tell them please I don't want to be held back any longer. Be professional.  They helped me a lot. 

11 hours ago, af105 said:

Has anyone here been put on medical hold for sleep apnea testing? I don’t have it but somehow am required to go for a polysomnogram to show I don’t. 

Some insurances don’t approve that happened to me . I ended up having to pay for an at home test because out of pocket was $600-$900 for test on site . Check out sleep doctor .com they give you the results two days after . 

Man listen makes you wonder at times go down there the next business day...