Subway where do you end up test

beelinefan

The destination is Broadway/Myrtle Ave. From 21st St Queensbridge, (F) 4 stops to 47th St Rock Ctr, then (M) 12 stops to Bway/Myrtle. 16 stops.

From Van Alst-21st St, take the (G) 4 stops to Broadway. Exit the station and walk to the Lorimer St station (no free xfer). Pay the fare. Take the (J) 12 stops northeast to Crescent St.

The number of stations between Bway/Myrtle & Crescent St is 10.

The thread title is "Subway where do you end up test". Ok so after all that, where did I end up? I really don't understand your riddle.

Technically you are right. I made a slight miscalculation when making the challenge.

In terms of the thread title, you had to test where you would end up after taking the subway from two different stops, using the same instructions. I hope this explanation satisfies you.

Technically you are right. I made a slight miscalculation when making the challenge.

In terms of the thread title, you had to test where you would end up after taking the subway from two different stops, using the same instructions. I hope this explanation satisfies you.

sYFPMT.jpg

Time is mid day on a Wednesday.

Take ANY train in the Bronx south to the only station ALL these Bronx trains share by name. Take an east bound train INTO Queens and go 11 stops. Transfer to an eastbound train and go 4 stops. Take a Manhattan bound train 13 stops. Take a south bound train 6 stops.

Where are you?

Take ANY train in the Bronx south to the only station ALL these Bronx trains share by name. Take an east bound train INTO Queens and go 11 stops. Transfer to an eastbound train and go 4 stops. Take a Manhattan bound train 13 stops. Take a south bound train 6 stops.

Where are you?

Do the 11 stops count once the train is in Queens, or before as well?

Where are you?

(456) from 138 St (R) Queensbound to 11 stops is 63 Dr-Rego Park 4 more stops Kew Gardens-Union Tpke then Manhattan train 13 stops 36 St.

The  (1) line doesn't have a 138th St stop. Neither does the (D). All the trains coming from The Bronx have at least one stop with the same name.

Hint: the stop is in Manhattan.

Hint 2: you can't take the same train more than once.

It's 125 Street. The only Queens bound train at 125 Street is the (A) whose 11th stop in Queens is Beach 25 Street. Only the (A) serves Beach 25 Street so it is impossible to transfer to a different eastbound train.

Therefore, either this riddle has been misunderstood, written incorrectly, or is unsolvable.

It's 125 Street. The only Queens bound train at 125 Street is the (A) whose 11th stop in Queens is Beach 25 Street. Only the (A) serves Beach 25 Street so it is impossible to transfer to a different eastbound train.

Therefore, either this riddle has been misunderstood, written incorrectly, or is unsolvable.

Yep. I messed up. The only common station I thought was 42nd St. 125 slipped right past me. From 42nd go into Queens on the (7) with Vernon-Jackson as the first of 11 stops into Queens. Grab the (E) for 4 stops (During mid day it skips 75th Ave & Briarwood). At Sutphin Blvd catch the (J) for 13, then the (L) for 6. You wind up at Rockaway Pkwy in Canarsie.

It's open for anyone who wants to take the next one.

It is the late night. There is a G/O where the (M) and (R) operate their full routes, but nothing else is changed.

In this route you never take the same train twice.

Take the JFK AirTrain to the Subway.

Take an 8th Avenue service 11 stops west.

Transfer to a route that is never express, and take it 4 stops west.

Transfer to a Manhattan bound 6th Avenue service and take it 3 stops.

Transfer to a Manhattan bound train and take it 5 stops.

Transfer to an Queens-bound train that is heading north and take it 2 stops.

Transfer to a southbound train and take it 12 stops.

Transfer to the only other train available at your current stop, and take it one stop in the direction of a terminal whose name starts with F.

Where are you? You had two choices at the beginning, so make sure to work both possibilities out.

It is the late night. There is a G/O where the (M) and (R) operate their full routes, but nothing else is changed.

Take the JFK AirTrain to the Subway. Howard Beach-JFK

Take an 8th Avenue service 11 stops west. (A)train to B'way Junction

Transfer to a route that is never express, and take it 4 stops west. (L)train to Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenues

Transfer to a Manhattan bound 6th Avenue service and take it 3 stops. (M)train to Myrtle Avenue

Transfer to a Manhattan bound train and take it 5 stops. (J)train to Essex-Delancey Streets

Transfer to an Queens-bound train that is heading north and take it 2 stops. (F)train to B'way-Laffayette/Bleecker Streets

Transfer to a southbound train and take it 12 stops. (4)train to Eastern Parkway

Transfer to the only other train available at your current stop, and take it one stop in the direction of a terminal whose name starts with F. Flatbush Avenue bound (2) train, one stop to Franklin Avenue

Where are you? You had two choices at the beginning, so make sure to work both possibilities out.

Franklin Avenue (2)(4)(S)

Take the JFK AirTrain to the Subway. Sutphin Blvd-Archer Avenue JFK

Take an 8th Avenue service 11 stops west. (E) train to Roosevelt Avenue

Transfer to a route that is never express, and take it 4 stops west. (R) train to Steinway Street

Transfer to a Manhattan bound 6th Avenue service and take it 3 stops. (M) train to Court Square

Transfer to a Manhattan bound train and take it 5 stops. (7) train to Times Square

Transfer to an Queens-bound train that is heading north and take it 2 stops. (N) train to 57 Street-7th Avenue

Transfer to a southbound train and take it 12 stops. (Q) train to 7th Avenue is 12 stops from 57-7 but I assumed you meant Prospect Park so that would be 13 stops

Transfer to the only other train available at your current stop, and take it one stop in the direction of a terminal whose name starts with F. It would have been the Franklin Avenue (S) to Botanic Garden, but the riddle doesn't work here by taking the (E) at Sutphin Blvd-JFK.

As I mentioned earlier, this won't work and here's why:

(Q) to Stillwell Avenue from 57 Street

1st - 49 St

2nd - 42 St

3rd - 34 St

4th - 28 St

5th - 23 St

6th - 14 St

7th - 8 St

8th - Prince St

9th - Canal St

10th - DeKalb Av

11th - Atlantic Av

12th - 7 Av

Ok let me try one:

Assuming we do this adventure late at night, we start off at a popular area. There are 3 key routes. Take one of these lines to the next uptown stop that they all share. We can now choose to stay on one of these lines to go to another location. Take this line 4 stops uptown to catch a downtown train and take it 7 stops. From there, take an uptown train 17 stops and there you may go back to the area you started at, but YOU CANNOT USE ANY OTHER LINE PREVIOUSLY USED to go back to this area. You must use a completely new way to go back to the place of origin.

This may or may not require a lot of thinking, but name all the routes and how I used them all in this situation.

Ok let me try one:

Assuming we do this adventure late at night, we start off at a popular area. There are 3 key routes. Take one of these lines to the next uptown stop that they all share. We can now choose to stay on one of these lines to go to another location. Take this line 4 stops uptown to catch a downtown train and take it 7 stops. From there, take an uptown train 17 stops and there you may go back to the area you started at, but YOU CANNOT USE ANY OTHER LINE PREVIOUSLY USED to go back to this area. You must use a completely new way to go back to the place of origin.

This may or may not require a lot of thinking, but name all the routes and how I used them all in this situation.

I need a clarification btn routes and lines. One route can have 3 (or more) lines. When you say "There are 3 key routes. Take one of these lines to the next uptown stop that they all share" are you referring to 1 of the 3 routes to take uptown or the lines on one of the 3 routes?

I've been planning this trip since last Thanksgiving. 2 whole weeks in upstate New York with the one I love most in the world and the 24th is her birthday so I bought a very special gift. A wedding ring! Bags packed, got my ticket, wallet, credit cards, everything's good. I'm off to the railroad station!

Excitement turns to shock by the time my uptown express train is pulling out of 14th St; I forgot the ring! (typical) I have to go back and get it! So I get off at the next stop and catch the next downtown express 10 stops, go upstairs to catch a taxi. Looking at the huge building that dominates the immediate vicinity I manage a half smile because my team won their last game, then get in the cab and tell the driver to take me to 6th Ave & 14th St.

Where am I when I come out the subway station?

I'll just give the answer since I wasn't too clear and this wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.

Key routes: (D)(N)(Q)

(D) Coney Island to 34 St

(Q) 34 St to Atlantic Av

(N) to 34 St

Can't use the (D)(N)(Q) to Coney island, one must take (F) to go back to Coney island.

(F) also stops at 34 St.

Park Place stop (2)(3)

I've been planning this trip since last Thanksgiving. 2 whole weeks in upstate New York with the one I love most in the world and the 24th is her birthday so I bought a very special gift. A wedding ring! Bags packed, got my ticket, wallet, credit cards, everything's good. I'm off to the railroad station!

Excitement turns to shock by the time my uptown express train is pulling out of 14th St; I forgot the ring! (typical) I have to go back and get it! So I get off at the next stop and catch the next downtown express 10 stops, go upstairs to catch a taxi. Looking at the huge building that dominates the immediate vicinity I manage a half smile because my team won their last game, then get in the cab and tell the driver to take me to 6th Ave & 14th St.

Where am I when I come out the subway station?

Atlantic Ave-Barclay's Ctr Brooklyn, 10 stops back from Penn Station on the (2)(3) .

Archived