Metro North General employment question

I recently interviewed for a position with metro north. This position could be define as "safety sensitive" but has nothing to do with driving trains or anything with vehicle operation. Last year I was convicted of a DWAI, please keep the negative, non helpful questions to yourself. No where on the application did it ask for a criminal backround and no where during the interview process did it say anything either. I received a call about a salary and that they were moving forward with my application for hire. It is a violation and not a misdemeanor. I guess my question is what is the likelyhood of this jamming me up in my opportunity for hire. I went through counseling, have a clean record otherwise, have great reviews from my sessions and I have a disposition letter showing it wasent a misdemeanor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From what i hear, i think your chances are pretty good for hire. I am waiting for a a interview for the Custodial terminal attendant position. I did the background check and can you tell me how long it took to get a interview for your position? Thanks

I recently interviewed for a position with metro north. This position could be define as "safety sensitive" but has nothing to do with driving trains or anything with vehicle operation. Last year I was convicted of a DWAI, please keep the negative, non helpful questions to yourself. No where on the application did it ask for a criminal backround and no where during the interview process did it say anything either. I received a call about a salary and that they were moving forward with my application for hire. It is a violation and not a misdemeanor. I guess my question is what is the likelyhood of this jamming me up in my opportunity for hire. I went through counseling, have a clean record otherwise, have great reviews from my sessions and I have a disposition letter showing it wasent a misdemeanor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think you should wait to hear from a current employee about this matter, rather than someone trying to be hired just like you. I don't work for MNRR, but being an MTA employee in general I can tell you it's better to disclose everything up front rather than later. Because even if they find out about it years later, they'll terminate you on the spot. So my advise would be to let them know about your issue before going any further with the hiring process.

Station Supervisor

Edited by WillBx718

If you already interviewed they likely know already (if they are going to know). The key is what you put on any paperwork. I know the application, at a minimum, asks about convictions of felonies. Did it ask about arrests? If it asked about arrests (any arrests), and you didn't include it you could get hung up on lying on the application, even after you get hired.

If they didn't ask previously, and you didn't tell, I wouldn't worry about it.

Edited by Truckie

If you already interviewed they likely know already (if they are going to know). The key is what you put on any paperwork. I know the application, at a minimum, asks about convictions of felonies. Did it ask about arrests? If it asked about arrests (any arrests), and you didn't include it you could get hung up on lying on the application, even after you get hired.

If they didn't ask previously, and you didn't tell, I wouldn't worry about it.

Believe it or not nothing was asked about any type of criminal record, neither on the initial application or my application before the interview. I was just told my tentative salary and tentative work schedule and that they would be sending me a disclosure agreement to check my criminal, motor vehicle and work history background. It was an AI so will not show up in criminal but obviously will show up in motor vehicle. I have everything from my disposition to counseling that shows I'm low risk to passed tox screens through my previous employer to show it was a big mistake that will never happen again, just hope that holds some water over it being a year ago.

Believe it or not nothing was asked about any type of criminal record, neither on the initial application or my application before the interview. I was just told my tentative salary and tentative work schedule and that they would be sending me a disclosure agreement to check my criminal, motor vehicle and work history background. It was an AI so will not show up in criminal but obviously will show up in motor vehicle. I have everything from my disposition to counseling that shows I'm low risk to passed tox screens through my previous employer to show it was a big mistake that will never happen again, just hope that holds some water over it being a year ago.

All I can say is if you don't disclose it where asked and they find out, it's a done deal. If you do disclose it, I can't say what will happen, but the chances will be better.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/25/2017 at 1:35 PM, railroadjunkie45 said:

Did it work out? Were you able to get hired?

2 hours ago, Trainman19 said:

Did it work out? Were you able to get hired?

As per the guidelines of the website, especially when it comes to "Bumping Topics," if you can please refrain from doing this in the future, especially when it is outdated like this one, it would be appreciated.

In addition, if you check out @railroadjunkie45's profile, you'll see that he last visited the website over 2 & 1/2 years ago. This should say something to begin with.

Thank you.