Exam 7609: Transit Electrical Helper

Jeffrey7492

50 minutes ago, Wingz said:

Hey Jake ...... Quick question for orientation what time did it end ...... 

I trying to gauge weather or not I can work my normal job and mta for like an month

Also my school says 8 am but doesn't have an end time ..

Was your the same and then it changed to 7-3 or was it always 7-3 

orientation lasted till about 4pm

you'll report to school at 8am till 4pm on the first day and then from 7am to 3pm from then on

times are not guaranteed, on some days they might ask you to come in for a PM session to attend fire safety or similar at a different location etc.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, jake3178 said:

orientation lasted till about 4pm

you'll report to school at 8am till 4pm on the first day and then from 7am to 3pm from then on

times are not guaranteed, on some days they might ask you to come in for a PM session to attend fire safety or similar at a different location etc.

Fire safety sounds fun

1 minute ago, jake3178 said:

kind of does. going to coney island yards tomorrow for fire safety, we'll be learning how to evacuate trains.. i wonder if there will be simulated smoke and all that

That would be aweome you should let us know how it goes and what did you bring first day lime do we need social security? Birth certificate of anything?

8 minutes ago, moussaberte said:

Also what did you bring first day lime do we need social security? Birth certificate of anything?

for orientation? just ID and maybe a marriage certificate for a spouse in order to add them to your medical etc. cant remember if they asked for anything else but doesn't hurt to bring all your docs just in case ... also get a bulky notepad to start taking notes from orientation and school soon after

4 minutes ago, jake3178 said:

for orientation? just ID and maybe a marriage certificate for a spouse in order to add them to your medical etc. cant remember if they asked for anything else but doesn't hurt to bring all your docs just in case ... also get a bulky notepad to start taking notes from orientation and school soon after

Alright thanks jake

8 hours ago, moussaberte said:

Because one of my friends just told me that we have long tradng time he said that it' more then 30 days so I'm confused now i dont know if he' right or not 

not really sure, all I know is we started on Nov 8th. on Monday we're going for track qualification, then 9 days of flagging, also someone said we'll be done by Christmas.. so looks like it does run longer than 30 days.. they never outlined the steps.

5 minutes ago, jake3178 said:

not really sure, all I know is we started on Nov 8th. on Monday we're going for track qualification, then 9 days of flagging, also someone said we'll be done by Christmas.. so looks like it does run longer than 30 days.. they never outlined the steps.

Alright so it' going yo take longer then expected but what's track qualification is it like a 9ne day class like fore school or is it a program where a test is needed?

29 minutes ago, moussaberte said:

Alright so it' going yo take longer then expected but what's track qualification is it like a 9ne day class like fore school or is it a program where a test is needed?

you have to become track qualified before you can go on the tracks, its a one day class, half in class and half on the track with real trains

going to P.S. 248 for that

Edited by jake3178