Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

2 minutes ago, kingkratos94 said:

be prepared to possible be there past 430. I went there 2 weeks ago for the medical got there at 6:45 am and left a 425 pm. did get a urine test done before seeing the doctor.

I have to be there at 3pm. How long are they open till? I have to do another drug test? Just did one last week. They take blood also? Lol

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, kingkratos94 said:

No blood test, they do a hearing, Urine and vision test. take your blood pressure and then an EKG.

How many drug test do they do to you there? These people is outta control for everything they ask for. Jobs from high school, every arrest, every ticket you have had. Damn. 

2 hours ago, Marv said:

So can I just go there dressed normal with a hat and sneakers and stuff? 

On the medical email they say to dress in business (casual) attire, But when i went they didnt seem to care if you did or not. There were others that did medical with me dressing normal and others dressing with business attire soo.

10 minutes ago, Jordan11208 said:

On the medical email they say to dress in business (casual) attire, But when i went they didnt seem to care if you did or not. There were others that did medical with me dressing normal and others dressing with business attire soo.

When you went to medical, did they take urine and what else did they do? Just trying to figure what gets done tomorrow. I have to be there late. Appointment is at 3pm. Do I have to do another drug test even tho I took one last Wednesday already? Do I have to do exercises? Just trying to get a feel for it? Thanks

Edited by Marv

14 minutes ago, Marv said:

When you went to medical, did they take urine and what else did they do? Just trying to figure what gets done tomorrow. I have to be there late. Appointment is at 3pm. Do I have to do another drug test even tho I took one last Wednesday already? Do I have to do exercises? Just trying to get a feel for it? Thanks

They take another quick pee test to see. If you have sugar in your urine. Then take you to a room to sign off on medical. Then they’ll perform tests, Vision,hearing , and heart In which they send u to another small room then theyll have u take off your shirt and lay flat on the the hospital bed thingy and put stuff on ur heart area to test ur heart lmfao , but once ur done with all that you go to a waiting area. Then the doctor gonna call you you in to see if you passed those tests. If not  then youll be placed on medical hold. If you pass you’ll be given a note saying you passed medical and you could move on to final process. 

Edited by Jordan11208

7 minutes ago, Jordan11208 said:

They take another quick pee test to see. If you have sugar in your urine. Then take you to a room to sign off on medical. Then they’ll perform tests, Vision,hearing , and heart In which they send u to another small room then theyll have u take off your shirt and lay flat on the the hospital bed thingy and put stuff on ur heart area to test ur heart lmfao , but once ur done with all that you go to a waiting area. Then the doctor gonna call you you in to see if you passed those tests. If not  then youll be placed on medical hold. If you pass you’ll be given a note saying you passed medical and you could move on to final process. 

I have been diagnosed already with diabetes. Is that what they are looking for since you said sugar. I can save them that time. Will that disqualify me from getting the position? I don’t have to inject insulin. I take pills. 

5 minutes ago, Marv said:

I have been diagnosed already with diabetes. Is that what they are looking for since you said sugar. I can save them that time. Will that disqualify me from getting the position? I don’t have to inject insulin. I take pills. 

They may put u on hold no less your doctor can give u papers stating that your diabetes is controlled. I was put on hold cuz I had a sugary drink and my sugar was very high like I had diabetes but I didn’t I had to go to my doctor to get the clearance. Don’t worry tho. If they make you get the clearance get it asap 

7 minutes ago, kinks007 said:

They may put u on hold no less your doctor can give u papers stating that your diabetes is controlled. I was put on hold cuz I had a sugary drink and my sugar was very high like I had diabetes but I didn’t I had to go to my doctor to get the clearance. Don’t worry tho. If they make you get the clearance get it asap 

My appointment isn’t till 3pm so I’m just gonna go to mydoctors before I have to go then and get something from my doctor saying I have diabetes. That should be good right? 

2 hours ago, Marv said:

My appointment isn’t till 3pm so I’m just gonna go to mydoctors before I have to go then and get something from my doctor saying I have diabetes. That should be good right? 

a note from the doctor saying your fit for the job. Should hand that in to the doctor at livinston after you get all the tests done

4 hours ago, Marv said:

I  went for meds on 4/3 I failed my ekg .they placed me on medical hold so I have to go to the cardiologist tomorrow to check my heart. They say my ekg was abnormal.lady at the booth told me to get it check asap hopefully I can still make the 24th class

9 hours ago, Jordan11208 said:

What did they do after everything? Did you do only medical? Did they tell you to come back? What's the next process after you pass medical?

10 hours ago, RoyalJD said:

What did they do after everything? Did you do only medical? Did they tell you to come back? What's the next process after you pass medical?

After you pass medical . The doctor would give you a paper saying youre medically qulified for the position. You bring that to window 3 and from there youll start final processing to hire you