Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/8/2023 at 12:42 AM, Marct89 said:

Hey guys, I’m so torn right now. I have a sales job making $90K+ at the moment. It’s laid back and I’m good at it. Yet, bad benefits and obviously no pension. I need the scoop on the job, is it worth it? I know it’s a lot of labor but what are my pros and cons and should I leave my current job at the moment for that pay cut? 

Something alot of people fail to mention from the start is that 90% chance you will be working overnights after Ojt, usually 10pm-6am

The job is dirty, you have to deal with the shitty public most of the time and homeless and if working on the structure (Am) you have to deal with the weather, overnights you will mostly just burn up during the summer months in the tunnels. I mention all this because you mention you are currently at a laid back job making good money. 

Maybe other workers can add more input of the job.

Edited by W0rkBum

On 3/8/2023 at 4:36 PM, RoyalJD said:

Good afternoon everyone.  What happens if you fail the drug test? Do they automatically disqualify you? Also, I'm hearing they check for alcohol and drugs...how true is this and does anyone know what can be done if you was to fail? 

You have to go through one of the MTA/DOT certified SAPs and complete a drug program before you can be cleared to work 

On 1/28/2023 at 1:51 PM, Marv said:

Ok thanks for the help. Now I don’t have felonies but have misdemeanors, am I gonna have to go to the courts and get dispositions about my criminal history too? This sounds like more of a headache. I’ve been on an interview with the LIRR and they don’t ask for this much. Sheesh 

You ever go in for final processing?

8 minutes ago, Jordan11208 said:

You ever go in for final processing?

Nah I caught Covid was sick for like 2 weeks so I just never showed up. It’s fine. I make good money now and I’m waiting on the LIRR to call me. God willing. 

17 hours ago, AaronP said:

You have to go through one of the MTA/DOT certified SAPs and complete a drug program before you can be cleared to work 

Thank you. I appreciate that. Does anyone happen to know how do they react in regards to past convictions as well as if you may have ongoing cases going on at the moment? 

6 hours ago, RoyalJD said:

Thank you. I appreciate that. Does anyone happen to know how do they react in regards to past convictions as well as if you may have ongoing cases going on at the moment? 

Go get your dispositions for the court on past convictions just to have the documents to be safe & ongoing I’m not sure about 

I'm currently a cleaner and this summer I go to top pay , I know this test is open competitive I was wondering if anyone knows if they would honor my current pay or would I take a pay cut . I don't mind starting on the bottom on senority (that's automatic anyway ) just want to see if I should make the move to track thanks 

13 hours ago, AaronP said:

Go get your dispositions for the court on past convictions just to have the documents to be safe & ongoing I’m not sure about 

Thank you. Does anyone know in regards to writing past employment from since you left high school...does it have to be accurate? How serious is this part of the process?

Today was the day to start my Pre Employment and not the experience I was going for. First of all the way they bring you in and not tell you what will happen next is not professional. You think by now with all the money and tech they are getting. There would be a better system for new hires and current workers. If you go please please eat before and after you give your application. By the time they get to you for the urine sample might be close to 3-4 pm. Depending what time you got to go in the building. Once you are in the waiting area to give your sample you can not leave or eat anything. I had my snacks but couldn’t eat. The worse is that the techs get an attitude for other ppls impatience and they take it on all of us. Now the waiting game continues and let’s see how long it takes me to get a call to go in again 

Edited by Bronxster

15 minutes ago, Bronxster said:

Today was the day to start my Pre Employment and not the experience I was going for. First of all the way they bring you in and not tell you what will happen next is not professional. You think by now with all the money they are getting the system they have for new hires would be better. If you go please please eat before and after you give your application. By the time they get to you for the urine sample might be close to 3-4 pm. Depending what time you got to go in the building. Once you are in the waiting area to give your sample you can not leave or eat anything. I had my snacks but couldn’t eat. The worse is that the techs get an attitude for other ppls un patience and they take it on all of us. Now the eating game continues and let’s see how long it takes me to get a call to go in again 

I was there yesterday  went in at 6:30 got out at 10:30 

4 minutes ago, Kaz said:

I was there yesterday  went in at 6:30 got out at 10:30 

Dude you got blessed some new hires  got there around 7-8 am and they were backed up with other workers taking random test and guess who will be push to a later test time? The new hires of course. I got out around 2 something and was one of the first ones at 6:30 am 

On 3/13/2023 at 11:00 AM, Kazumavega said:

Currently in pre-employment and it's taking HOURS!. Make sure y'all eat something before going cause I didn't and I'm starving 🥲

Good luck and best wishes to everyone...

Dude I follow your advice and couldn’t even eat my snacks since no one was eating in the waiting area to give your application and once in the lab eating area no eating is allow. What a day man I end up leaving around 2:30 pm 🤦🏽😡

2 hours ago, Bronxster said:

Dude I follow your advice and couldn’t even eat my snacks since no one was eating in the waiting area to give your application and once in the lab eating area no eating is allow. What a day man I end up leaving around 2:30 pm 🤦🏽😡

What’s your list number if you don’t mind me asking 

2 hours ago, Dinogee315 said:

Hi I have a friend who missed his pre-employment date of march 1st because he didn’t have access to his email. He’s been calling and no one is answering. Any advice?? Or a direct number he can reach someone at?

Go in person to 180 livingston 

On 3/15/2023 at 7:29 PM, Bronxster said:

Dude you got blessed some new hires  got there around 7-8 am and they were backed up with other workers taking random test and guess who will be push to a later test time? The new hires of course. I got out around 2 something and was one of the first ones at 6:30 am 

That’s is wild 

On 3/17/2023 at 2:33 PM, Trackguy718 said:

Do anybody know the work days is it Monday to Friday or random days off each week or a set schedule ?

You’ll have weekends off during training and when you get to your reporting location as a X man out of OJT you’ll have a steady tour and RDO’s.

Edited by Zoey