Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bus007 said:

I just got the email for track worker list 35xx. I’m currently a bus operator in my 1st year.  Do you think making the switch to track worker would be better or should I stay where I am? 

So they are up to 35xx list, getting closer to my number 🙏 but to your question the veterans in this forum will be able to help you 

Got the email today for pre employment #38** and I’m reading all the papers I have to fill out.

I have 2 questions, the first one is do they call the employer that fired me? if I got my first vaccine on 2021 and thinking of getting the second one this week. Will I have an issue getting hired? I’m not fully vaccinated right now and my appointment is 3/15 

On 2/27/2023 at 1:17 AM, Mike nyc said:

Mta recently called me for pre employment. They are asking for Successful completion of a drug/alcohol laboratory examination. What is that and where do I go get one?

I’m in the same boat man I’m thinking of going down there to find out all the things I need to fill out 

Hey guys, I’m so torn right now. I have a sales job making $90K+ at the moment. It’s laid back and I’m good at it. Yet, bad benefits and obviously no pension. I need the scoop on the job, is it worth it? I know it’s a lot of labor but what are my pros and cons and should I leave my current job at the moment for that pay cut? 

13 hours ago, Bronxster said:

Got the email today for pre employment #38** and I’m reading all the papers I have to fill out.

I have 2 questions, the first one is do they call the employer that fired me? if I got my first vaccine on 2021 and thinking of getting the second one this week. Will I have an issue getting hired? I’m not fully vaccinated right now and my appointment is 3/15 

They up to 38** list number nice!! Getting closer to my number 

On 3/7/2023 at 8:55 PM, Bronxster said:

If the two dose vaccination requirement is still in place, than you are being sent home. I would schedule for the second dose immediately and do the math on when the two weeks are up so that they can reschedule you.