Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, kinks007 said:

So true. I’m in the Bronx now training. Started OJT Monday. It’s amazing. I am loving it so far. Learning sooo much already 

Have they given you your seniority numbers? If you don't mind me asking what range are you in, if you want to PM it to me that's fine.

On 12/13/2022 at 2:15 PM, Nycboy13 said:

Hello all,

Just got an email for an interview for Mta track worker on Staten Island. I already work for another city agency, Mon-fri, I’m out no later than 5pm and that’s even with OT. My question is, what are the hours for track worker, RDO’s, good 

Edited by TOSironi

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 12:30 PM, Kazumavega said:

Hello all. Can someone let me know what list number they are up to?

I'm in the 3,600's and ready to get that call/email so I can start working.

Someone posted two post back that they had called the employment center and they said they called up to #3050 for pre employment. That was in November, so not sure how far they may have gotten by now. List is set to expire 2024, and maybe get a extension. Will have to see and remain positive 

44 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

Someone posted two post back that they had called the employment center and they said they called up to #3050 for pre employment. That was in November, so not sure how far they may have gotten by now. List is set to expire 2024, and maybe get a extension. Will have to see and remain positive 

It'll 100% get an extension, they haven't even announced a new exam.

18 hours ago, Mohamed said:

Thank you. I'm just so tired of waiting  😞

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

Does anyone know what the T/W Chauffer job entails?

If you're looking at the Linden Shop spots it's part of fleet operations. You need at a minimum to get in a Class B license with a Class A permit with the following endorsements, A. Hazmat/Tank B. Tow Truck

If you're looking at Capital/Maintenance you just need a B permit to get in and all they do is drive the tool trucks to the job sites.