S92 Service Changes Effect 3/26/18

The S92 service will be expanded for the Spring, Summer, and early Fall. However, these changes are more than typical schedule changes. Unless noted, all the service changes are weekday schedule changes

http://www.sct-bus.org/assets/S92 March to Oct 2018.pdf

Schedule Changes:

Almost all trips were scheduled somewhere around 2 hour 20 minutes runtime from East Hampton to Orient Point. Now, many trips are  scheduled to between 2 hour 58 minutes &  3 hours 12 minutes, with some trips taking close to 3.5 hours.

* Service will depart every 15-20 minutes from 4:55 AM to 7:00 AM from Greenport (instead of every 20-30)

* The 7:05 AM trip from Bridgehampton to Orient Point will now depart at 7:30 AM

* The 4:50 PM trip from Orient Point to East Hampton will now depart at 5:40 PM (50 minutes later)

* Late PM trips (past 5 PM) to Greenport/Orient Point will depart East Hampton 11 minutes later

Service Additions:

* An S92 trip from Greenport to Bridgehampton at 4:55 AM will be added

* Two S92 trips from Greenport to East Hampton at 5:30 AM and 6:15 AM will be added

* An S92 trip from Orient Point to East Hampton Railroad at 7:50 PM will be added

* Two new trips departing Riverhead towards Orient Point depart at 8:40 AM and 10:38 AM

* The 1:34 PM trip from East Hampton to Greenport will depart at 1:36 PM and be extended to Orient Point

* The 3:55 PM and 4:49 PM buses from East Hampton to Greenport will depart at 4:00 PM and 4:50 PM respectively, and will be extended to Orient Point

* A 6:45 PM trip from Bridgehampton to Greenport has been added (SATURDAYS ONLY)

Service Reductions:

* The 7:40 AM trip from Orient Point to East Hampton will originate in Greenport at 8:00 AM

* The 3:50 PM trip from Orient Point to East Hampton will be discontinued 

*The 2:34 PM and 3:30 buses from East Hampton to Orient Point will terminate in Greenport instead

That is intesrting.  

I wonder how many buses Sunrise (Twin Forks) will be left as spares for weekdays when the changes go into effect tomorrow. I don't think they had that many under the old schedule. 

• 3 weeks later...

My guess would be that either it's a typo, or they believe that Traffic conditions at that time warrent the extra time built in.  

It's not the first time that a schudule has one run of a route having shorter or long time between two stops then the other runs though. 

6 hours ago, mac5689 said:

......It's not the first time that a schudule has one run of a route having shorter or long time between two stops then the other runs though. 

No, it isn't the first time that different trips have variances in duration of the same 2 timepoints.... That's not the point being made here anyway.

19 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Now watch, somehow that'll be the actual schedule and we'll find out they're saving money by having the guy take his lunch break mid-route or something. 

That poor bastard isn't sitting idle along 25 in Southold itself for any prolonged amt. of time like that...... That'd be like an S55 driver taking a break for that duration along Amboy rd. in Prince's Bay or something....

On 4/16/2018 at 9:03 PM, B35 via Church said:

No, it isn't the first time that different trips have variances in duration of the same 2 timepoints.... That's not the point being made here anyway.

That poor bastard isn't sitting idle along 25 in Southold itself for any prolonged amt. of time like that...... That'd be like an S55 driver taking a break for that duration along Amboy rd. in Prince's Bay or something....

Oh. I didn't notice that it jumped a whole hour. My guess is that it's a typo that didn't get noticed. 

• 3 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:34 PM, Gotham Bus Co. said:

How much through riding is there between the north and south forks? Would it make sense to split the route in Riverhead or otherwise restructure it?

Not much through-riding through Riverhead from either fork.....

From a standpoint of ridership patterns, I'd say yes, the route should be split....
From a standpoint of resources though, I doubt Sunrise has enough buses (and/or drivers) to split it...

Archived