June 23, 2018 Bus schedules

mfs NJT459

As per Gov. Murphy's bus initiative:
Bus Route 95 will be discontinued, all 65/66 trips will operate to Newark Penn Station, with express trips added to 66

Additional trips added to the 119, 154, 156, 159

455: all weekday trips will serve Paulsboro, departing at :45 past the hour and :56 past the hour from Cherry Hill Mall

600, 603, and 613: Will no longer operate via Groves Mill Road between Route 1 and Quaker Bridge Mall.  All trips will operate via the entrance ramp from Route 1.

Usual summer shore service: 67, 137, 316, 319, 510, 551, 552 same as last year

http://www.njtransit.com/sa/sa_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=ServiceAdjustmentTo&AdjustmentId=17927

9 hours ago, go25 said:

Seems like they are cutting some trips on the 66 , in my opinion. 

That's because they are. The extension of all trips to Mountainside is offset by the increase in headways. For Mountainside folks, it's still more service than they currently have (but for everyone further up the line, they'll have to readjust). However, you would think that there would be a greater increase in weekday service with the 66X trips, but it turns out that's not the case. I actually counted the amount of trips (in each direction) and this is what it comes down to:

Weekdays:

Current Trips:  39

Future Trips: 40

Saturdays:

Current Trips: 18

Future Trips: 16

Sundays:

Current Trips: 17

Future Trips: 16 NB / 15 SB

Turns out for the weekday schedule, some 66 trips are just being converted into 66X trips. I guess since the 59 also runs down that segment, it won't be such a disaster.

Archived