Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9618

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 8, 2021, with an expiration date, as of now, of September 8th, 2025.

Pay: Starts at $26.19 and increases to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class: To Be Determined in 2023 (Last one was September 25th, 2022)

Resources: To find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or "9618" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated November 5th, 2022)

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/5/2022 at 5:19 PM, Kenstyles said:

Yeah, they won’t stress you too much about the boots. I even see people just wearing black TimbsYeah, they won’t stress you too much about the boots. I even see people just wearing black Timbs

Do they provide uniform on training day ? Or do I prepare to buy and wear my own tie and button down ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2022 at 1:04 PM, HeadhunterCali said:

Hey @SevenEleven what list number is Exam #9618 up to now? I was list 340 and had to have my name restored being that I'm in Los Angeles at the moment. I forgot how to look it up, I'll finally be back in NYC late next Month! @AprilCakes Did you start yet? :)

@HeadhunterCali Yes, I hve! I see u shud b heading bak in-state real soon!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Boo Bear said:

Hello I am trying to restore my name on list Exam 9618.  I have my complete CDL.  does anyone have a direct phone number. The number to call can’t get through?

Follow the instructions which are in the green announcement box located at the top of this webpage.  Should be self-explanatory.

On 7/3/2022 at 9:11 AM, Boo Bear said:

Does anyone know.   To confirm you are recertification back to DCAS…..?

My father works for MTA emailing 180 Livingston street… and still no response…. If anyone has experience this “wait”.  How long did it take?

Since this is a Civil Service List, you have to restore your name to the list thru the Dept. of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS). If you wish to speak to someone, call 212-669-1357 and ask for the List, Management and Audit unit on business days. If you call at exactly 9 AM or 9:05 AM, the "wait" time on the phone should be minimal. If you try calling later in the day, the wait time will just get longer and longer.

As far as how long to "wait" after you e-mail them - I do not have a concrete answer to this question. Sorry.

On 6/26/2022 at 3:11 PM, HeadhunterCali said:

Were you successful in getting your name restored to the exam list?

On 7/3/2022 at 9:11 AM, Boo Bear said:

Does anyone know.   To confirm you are recertification back to DCAS…..?

You folks might want to check out this post, which, as of this typing, is less than six [6] hours old.

Good luck!!

Ive also been having issues with Employment Operations. They have told me to contact DCAS to get my name restored three times and each time Ive told them DCAS has told me theres no need for restoration my name is active on the list. Today I received an email stating TA bus operator exam 9618 is currently not hiring. Hopefully the exam list didn't expire.

6 hours ago, Ronn said:

Ive also been having issues with Employment Operations. They have told me to contact DCAS to get my name restored three times and each time Ive told them DCAS has told me theres no need for restoration my name is active on the list. Today I received an email stating TA bus operator exam 9618 is currently not hiring. Hopefully the exam list didn't expire.

Oh wow! I never received an email today. I wonder what that means for the list???

12 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Oh wow! I never received an email today. I wonder what that means for the list???

From what I was told on the phone by someone at employment operations, the hiring for this exam has been put on hold until dcas creates a new list. Then hiring will resume for the 9618 exam.

Wow.   So now what?   I spoke directly 

with DCAS.  What they said (DCAS) is

180 Livingston st. Uses that line just to 

get us off the phone.  Well there is no other way we can prove our names are restored.    Also. My father spoke to VP

of HR. they also said there is a hiring freeze..  so I guess we just wait.  If anyone gets a email. About the hiring freeze.  Please post …

On 7/6/2022 at 3:05 PM, Ronn said:

Hopefully the exam list didn't expire.

If you click here, and you type in either "9618" or your last name into the search box, you will see that this list does not expire until September of 2025. Therefore, this should be one of the last things to worry about.

11 hours ago, Ronn said:

From what I was told on the phone by someone at employment operations, the hiring for this exam has been put on hold until dcas creates a new list. Then hiring will resume for the 9618 exam.

If you folks want to know when they will be hiring again,  **click here ** (type "09618" into the search box) and/or **click here.** Normally these websites are updated first, and then the agency, regardless if it is NYC Transit, NYC DOT, FDNY, NYPD, Sanitation, etc., will start contacting the prospective candidates, respectfully.

**I would recommend to check these websites on a regular basis for any updates, which anyone can do 24/7/365, except when they down for maintenance once a month on a Saturday evening for a couple of hours.**

Just now, +Young+ said:

If you click here, and you type in either "9618" or your last name into the search box, you will see that this list does not expire until September of 2025. Therefore, this should be one of the last things to worry about.

If you folks want to know when they will be hiring again,  **click here ** (type "09618" into the search box) and/or **click here.** Normally these websites are updated first, and then the agency, regardless if it is NYC Transit, NYC DOT, FDNY, NYPD, Sanitation, etc., will start contacting the prospective candidates, respectfully.

**I would recommend to check these websites on a regular basis for any updates, which anyone can do 24/7/365, except when they down for maintenance once a month on a Saturday evening for a couple of hours.**

Young please put back up the YT videos please!! Those were very helpful! :)